Author Topic: Radical Perk Idea  (Read 1366 times)

whels1

Radical Perk Idea
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2001, 04:02:00 PM »
correct we dont know what a D9 or Ta152 or P51H will cost, i dont really care, ill fly 1 sometime im sure. but right now based on facts ive seen in the perk sys scoring, there things which i stated we dont get points for, and/or dont get scored for
fairly(my opinion). fact( we dont get any credit in perk points for assist on kills
which we should, cause pilots got 1/2 kill
credit in real life). my opinion is on the scoring of per bomb/torp on ships and gun fire hits. fact u get 0 point if hit a Carrier with 6 1ks and dont sink it but land safe, and if u do sink it u get 1 point  wooohoooooo, not worth the effort really of getting a high priority plane to target through the fighters.

whels

Originally posted by PakRat:
And Whels, what you miss is that we don't know what will be offered or what it will cost. The perk points are categorized. A nuke could cost 1,000,000 perk points. Every year or so you might see a bright flash in the arena. Certainly an event but not anything that would upset the game play because it would be so rare that someone had enough points or the desire to buy.

The same goes for anything else. Without knowing how much something in a category will cost, or even what is/will be available, all this debate over how many points you get for this or that mission is just a waste of time. A total waste of time.

Offline Tyro48

• Copper Member
Radical Perk Idea
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2001, 04:31:00 PM »
The whole idea behind a perk sys is to "balance the arena"
assuming you have enough people on-line in your country who are the underdogs and have the points to get said plane you might load it the other direction but not likely

assuming said pilots dont lose said plane in the first flight or two

If HTC wants balance why not limit each count to a specified number, if that quota is met then those signing on have to fly for the underdog country and we all can fly what ever planes Hi-Tech & Pyro give us, numbers are what will balance the field without regard to a players ability ( i.e. lose their perk ride the first shot out)or predicated on some point sys.

Re-Read what Pyro said he intends to "balance" the arena, IMHO perking isnt gonna get the job done.

Westy the taxes were an analog of how things come to be and how hard they are to get rid of once implemented, try ta keep up will ya!

Offline Graywolf

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.flibble.org/~tim
Radical Perk Idea
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2001, 05:33:00 PM »

Originally posted by Sunchaser:
Hey Greywolf, were you ever Lobo or AE71?

Only even been 'Graywolfe' (where I can get it), 'Graywolf' if I only have 8 characters to play with and 'g-wolf' in WarBirds' 6 character system.

------------------
Graywolfe <tim@flibble.org>

Offline Sunchaser

• Copper Member
Radical Perk Idea
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2001, 01:44:00 AM »
Thanks Greywolf, there was a Greywolf back in the SDOhEll days [Screamon' Demons Over Europe] was just wondering if you were he.

------------------
When did they put this thing in here and WTF is it for?