Author Topic: How many Rooks does it take to shoot down 1 lone B17?  (Read 904 times)

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
How many Rooks does it take to shoot down 1 lone B17?
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2000, 09:55:00 AM »
I can send him some of my pills. My private Doctor,Saintaw,he gave them to me. quite useful but sometimes they are not enough.

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 06-13-2000).]

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2000, 10:12:00 AM »
<S> banana.  Every squad has one of these guys...

308th has Beef, AKs have me

AKDejaVu

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2000, 10:43:00 AM »
<takes all the insults, puts them in a box, stomps on it, lights it on fire, and sticks it under his desk>
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2000, 10:58:00 AM »
We don't have one

Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2000, 02:36:00 PM »
Hey ammo, if it's none of your buddies in the squad, guess what?  That means it's you.  

Just kidding... couldn't resist though. <G>

Lephturn

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2000, 03:54:00 PM »
Ya Know..... Hey!! I resemble that remark
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2000, 05:43:00 PM »
LOL! It seems like in every sim the AKs end up being the "Bad Boyz n Girlz"

You should see some of the Kee Rapp put on other BBSs about us  

Hey! every once in a while some of it is true  

Now lets see, were there 4 AKs on 1 bogey? Well let me report that to our CO, I mean where were the other AKs????  They may face a court martial for malingering!

AK's didn't do what you told them too?  Who made you our CO???

If you've never kicked a hornets nest, just keep on picking on Wab and DeJa, and see the results.  AKs stick together, as more than one person has found out. One person?, hell, one squad, one arena, we've been there, done that, and we are still here stronger than ever. And we have never taken prisoners (except for a few women and sheep that is)  

My K/D in this arena is less than 1 to 1, but I am just new here, but been in flight sims a while.  I am learning, I will get better,  

Mutters to himself about self-righteous dweebs being everywhere as he shuffles back to his cage.

AKFokerFoder+

Offline Sunchaser

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2000, 10:59:00 PM »
Hey Beef, did you get burned?

Hell, I gotta wonder about a guy who puts anything on fire under his own desk.

AK guys and Beef you are all very amusing and seeing an AK takeoff is great, there are clouds of them, all off to wreck the wrong field.

Half the fun in this place is squelching 1 and watching us Knights fight on the buffers while our world crumbles around us.

We are tough though and sometimes when we accidentally do things together we are unstoppable.

------------------
When did they put this thing in here and WTF is it for?

[This message has been edited by Sunchaser (edited 06-13-2000).]

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2000, 01:06:00 AM »

Originally posted by Sunchaser:

AK guys and Beef you are all very amusing and seeing an AK takeoff is great, there are clouds of them, all off to wreck the wrong field.

Eh? Sorry there Sunchaser but we perform fighter sweeps. "wrecking" doesn't come into play here. It's nice to know so many people think we don't know what we're doing, but we're here having fun. I find it amusing how everyone thinks we're doing it "all wrong", when all we're doing is flying around shooting planes down. Sorry if that falls under the "bad tactics" or as sunchaser put it "wrecking the wrong field" title, but what can I say? I'd really like you all who have opinions about the way we do things to take your opinion, wrap it up in a nice silk scarf, put some thyme on it, decorate it with a bouqet of pretty flowers, bows and ribbons and shove it up your.... where the sun doesn't shine. I don't criticize you sunchaser when you don't come to a field to help me defend it, instead you are running around bombing some field with no goon support and moaning about "we don't need this field, we need that one". How do you capture a field with no goon? More importantly, why bother capturing fields if we can't defend our own? I'm no bomber pilot, my stats will tell you that. Literally, I do NOT fly bombers. Flown a goon a few times to HELP out the knights when NO ONE else would step up. So, before you think I or the Arabian Knights are doing anything wrong, remember this simple sentence almost everyone is acquainted with: "Opinions are like amazinhunks, everyone has one but it always stinks." And as I said earlier in this thread, which you obviously overlooked sunchaser, my guys are new to this game. I myself have been playing it since beta tour 3 along with AKWabbit. AKelfy is not new, but is new to the squad. Everyone else though, is at most 2 and half weeks into this. They happened to come over from other games but have been long time members of the Arabian Knights. Being new at this, they are here to LEARN this game. I know it takes more time than 2 and a half weeks to get this game down. You don't have to join in on the parade of idiots already bashing us, because most of us are new to this. Just back off.
-SW
AKSeaWulfe+
AH ID: AKSWulfe

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2000, 08:58:00 AM »
Look guys, I'm getting tired of waking up and finding new insults put on this thread.

Ok, I'm in a good mood, its a great day, lets settle this.

Ok AKSWufle and AKWabbit, I'm sorry if I appeared to be bashing your tatics. Since you say that most of your guys are new, I can understand why you would defend and furball rather than attemp to take bases. (I ment that in a good way) Good luck on traning, so that one day you may be equal to the 308th   j/k (we can't hit the Pacific Ocean if we aimed at it) You see I am a Tatics type of guy. When I see 30 guys defending a worthless field, and at the same time or HQ and homeland get over run, I call that bad tatics, as all those ppl at the unneeded field should come and help at HQ. But as you say it is your 30 bucks. Plus alot of the time "I" don't even do stuff when asked. Anyway lets just let this all blow over, I'm tired of having to squelch all the AKs every time I go online  

Beefcake - Tatician

TinkyWinky

« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2000, 09:34:00 AM »
Ooooh, beefy feelings hurt, need big hug from everyone! BIIIIIIIIIG HUUUUUUUUUG!

------------------
EH-OHHHHH! BIG HUG!

[This message has been edited by TinkyWinky (edited 06-14-2000).]

Offline Heater

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2000, 10:01:00 AM »
Damm,

This is just like my 3 kids, ages 6 ,9 & 12
did not,,,,, did too,,,,not.. too.., mom Amber called me a little hussie..............

------------------
!!! Heater !!!

Shit Happens All The Time

"If you have any trouble sounding condescending, find a Unix user to show you how it's done."

[This message has been edited by Heater (edited 06-14-2000).]
HiTech is a DWEEB-PUTZ!
I have multiple personalities and none of them like you !!!

Offline ygsmilo

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2000, 10:44:00 AM »
AK's  JG 2 loves ya, keep up the good work for KnightLand

------------------
Milo

JG 2

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2000, 11:27:00 AM »
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! DIE YOU EVIL PURPLE MONSTER!!!! DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<gets out bazooka>

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2000, 11:58:00 AM »

Since you say that most of your guys are new, I can understand why you would defend and furball rather than attemp to take bases.

Actually, you understand very little.  Let me give you a VERY simple explanation:

10 enemy are attacking a base being defended by 5 AK's... how many enemy does that leave to defend their bases?  Or... nobody defends that field and the enemy takes it... what do they do next?  Call it a day?

You bomber pilots need to learn that there is more to this game that capturing bases.  Much more.  Sitting and listening to you complain about needing more pilots to capture a base is more tiresome than you can imagine.  You use little strategy and seldomely coordinate (more specifically here.. not meant to be general).  Work on these things and you won't need to call for help.

If an attack is going badly, the answer is not to throw more people at it.. it is to plan better next time.  Sorry.. I just get tired of seeing 80% of our country focusing on attacking one base while we are continually losing other bases.  Defense is needed also.  Learn to accept that.  Also learn to accept that you are not a general... you are not in charge... nobody has to listen to you.  The war isn't going badly because nobody is listening to you.  It is most likely going badly because too many are listening to you.

Sheesh.

AKDejaVu