Author Topic: BS or not BS?  (Read 929 times)

Offline Torquila

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
BS or not BS?
« on: July 26, 2000, 01:52:00 PM »

Offline Baddawg

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.dogfighter.com
BS or not BS?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2000, 02:19:00 PM »
Who knows could be  he states his grandfather had 76 kills and his name is georg adam of JG7
 I found a Georg -Peter-Eder JG51 JG2 Jg 1 Jg26 "Kdo Nowotny" JG7 Total victories 78
10 east front  68 west front  12 with me262
36 of which were 4 engine bombers. awarded Knights Cross with Oak leaves

Now  any other of the "Experten" with  near  76 total victories  names do not come close.

I do not know if  he has made an english translation  of adam is Eder?

Any one know?

[This message has been edited by Baddawg (edited 07-26-2000).]

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
BS or not BS?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2000, 02:19:00 PM »

Originally posted by Torquila:
Who thinks this is BS?

I never heard about a Georg Adam German ace, less in Jg7...

So that part of the story ,IMHO is a troll.

The part about MGs blewing up planes with few impacts has few credibility too, starting from the point that the MGs were of 13mm calibre and with a little round, and not a HE one,AFAIK.

but the part about 20mm cannon rounds having devastating effects against buffs is right. A single 20mm exploding round could do an amazing ammount of damage on a B17...So much that if it was well modelled here then the hispano dweebs aboard the F4Us would whine until the end of history !!!   (WAAAAAAAAAAAHHH MY HISPANO IS UNDERMODEELLLEEEEED       J/K  )

So, IMHO, that thread is a troll.

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
BS or not BS?
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2000, 02:21:00 PM »
Baddawg...stats for  Georg-Peter Eder

Name:                EDER Georg-Peter    

Squadrons:           Jg51,Jg2,Jg1,JG26,KdoNow, Jg7 ,EJg2    

78 total kills,12kills with Me262,  572 front flights (est)

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 07-26-2000).]

Offline Baddawg

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.dogfighter.com
BS or not BS?
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2000, 02:29:00 PM »
Ram from what source is your info? i list the most kills by Me262 as 16 by Heinz Baer

Luftwaffe Fighter Aces by  Mike Spick

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
BS or not BS?
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2000, 02:38:00 PM »
 The bad 'English' almost sounds forced-intentional. Could be for real, I doubt it.  But the real laugh is that he wants the sim/game to be built so that it passes his grandfathers litmus test. If it doesn't I'm sure he'll cry that the FM, cannon or damage done with the FW are all wrong..... Yet another anti-Luftwaffe conspiracy company!!  

-Westy

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
BS or not BS?
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2000, 02:58:00 PM »
Must be a typo from the page where I took the info, when I looked it again I also jumped surprised...I took a look in other pages and into a Me262 book I have and they list him as having 12 kills in Me262...wich is quite impressive    

I took the info from this link (its in a spanish page so I use to look there for German ace references,but still it has the info listed in english,its worth a look)... http://cipres.cec.uchile.cl/~bebustos/aces.html

Take a look at it, it has a complete list of aces and in wich books can you find references about them...

and here is a photo of  Georg-Peter Eder...the guy killed 78 confirmed...but 40 probable!!!!!!...

(photo taken from http://home.pacbell.net/horrido1/posts.htm  ,take a look is a pretty impressive link)

Plus from 78 kills, 36 were 4-engined bombers...

Please note that in this photo has oak leaves for his Knight's Cross...and OSSI said his Opa had the Ritterkreutz (Knight's Cross)...no Oak leaves reference...

So my guess is that this Eder is not the "Georg Adam" he says...if he ever exists.

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
BS or not BS?
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2000, 04:03:00 PM »
 If my grand daddy was a nazi, I sure as hell wouldnt be braggin about it.

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
BS or not BS?
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2000, 04:10:00 PM »

Originally posted by easymo:
If my grand daddy was a nazi, I sure as hell wouldnt be braggin about it.

Its surprising to see how many closed minded people are around here.

easymo, I dont know anything about Eder's political beliefs...but for sure I know he downed 78 planes, 36 of them were heavy bombers.

He also had 40 probable kills, that in German kill counts, that needed CERTAIN proofs of a kill to award it. So this guy, if his country had counted kills as british RAF or USAAF, would've had 118 kills.

If you are so closed minded that you cant admire a guy's skills over his personal beliefs, then you dont deserve this speech from me.

And again I dont know a s$$t about Eder's political thinking.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
BS or not BS?
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2000, 04:26:00 PM »
My granddaddy was in WWII.

But that doesn't mean he was a Democrat just because FDR was.  

Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline av8or

• Copper Member
BS or not BS?
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2000, 04:30:00 PM »
I talk about my grandpa all the time he was American.He has every right to talk about his Grandpa too. I agree with Ram though i don't know his political stand point so i won't comment anymore. But those kills are impressive great pilot.

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
BS or not BS?
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2000, 04:42:00 PM »
 I wonder how you might feel if one of those 76 kills had been YOUR granddaddy.

As an ex soldier my views are very simple. If another nation sanctions the killing of even one American serviceman. I say we raze the whole dam country. And salt the land before we leave.

We pay our draftdogers to handle the political stuff.

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
BS or not BS?
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2000, 04:51:00 PM »

Originally posted by easymo:
I wonder how you might feel if one of those 76 kills had been YOUR granddaddy.

Oh ok then what do you suggest? all Germany hating France, Britain ,Russia and US because their granddads died at their hands?

Oh well...

Offline danish

• Nickel Member
BS or not BS?
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2000, 05:11:00 PM »
Georg-Peter Eder died 11.3.1986 in Wiesbaden.

Aint our man.

danish

PS: get lost easymo

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
BS or not BS?
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2000, 05:39:00 PM »
>I wonder how you might feel if one of those
>76 kills had been YOUR granddaddy.

Hehe.

I wonder how I would have felt if my grandaddy had been a civilian burned to death in Dresen?

I wonder how I would have felt if my grandaddy had been a Japanese merchantman who drowned after being torpedoed by a U.S.N. Submarine without warning contrary to the 1927 London Naval Treaty which the U.S. signed.

or for that matter...

I wonder how I would have felt if my grandaddy had been a Negro brought to this country in chains and condemed to a life of slavery.

I wonder how I would have felt if my grandaddy had been butchered at Wounded Knee.

I've served my country in the military as well.  I consider my self a Patriot.  However I have enough education and historical perspective to realize that no race or country has a monopoly on good or evil.

I also realize that in a time of war I would prolly serve if called upon irregardless of my personal reservations concerning what ever civilian party was in power simply because my people and country asked.  Maybe this guy did the same.  Then agian maybe he was a flaming, rabid Nazi.  I dunno.

I got no problem gut shooting him in combat as my duty.  I just don't feel the need to pass moral judgment on him when I have know idea of the content of his character.

...was every serviceman who fought when his country asked in Southeast Asia a murderer because of what happened at My Lai?

<shrug>

I also think its possible to study and admire an individuals skill and ability in the military arts completely seperate from its political context.  Simply as a student of military history.

<shrug>

Your milage may vary...

Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.