Author Topic: BS or not BS?  (Read 920 times)

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
BS or not BS?
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2000, 05:47:00 PM »
AKWabbit...<S!>

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
BS or not BS?
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2000, 07:01:00 PM »
 I make no moral objection. Every large nation on earth, at some time in history, has engaged in some form of slavery. The larger ones have destroyed lesser cultures, and peoples, as a matter of course.

IMHO. posting pictures, and stats, of one of the LOSERS. Is both inflamatory, and stupid.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
BS or not BS?
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2000, 07:37:00 PM »
>IMHO. posting pictures, and stats, of one
>of the LOSERS. Is both inflamatory, and
>stupid.

Although I find your opinion poorly reasoned, you are of course welcome to it.

As students of military history we are only supposed to study the careers of those who fought on our own side?  Only those who were on the winning side?

You don't think the careers and stats and tactics of men like Guderian and Rommel are studied and discussed in U.S. military academies?  You don’t think the careers, stats and tactics of pilots like Hartmann, Galland and others aren’t discussed?    

Inflammatory?  I think you better learn to relax.  We are going to be discussing the careers and stats of pilots on both sides of the conflict on this bbs.  You’re in for a lot of stress if that bothers you so.  

And posting the picture only puts a human face on the stats which I always find interesting.  Its not as easy to demonize someone that if you took them out of the uniform might pass for a co-worker or a neighbor down the street.  Maybe that’s what you found inflammatory.

Regards,
Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
BS or not BS?
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2000, 07:49:00 PM »
"IMHO. posting pictures, and stats, of one of the LOSERS. Is both inflamatory, and stupid"

"As an ex soldier my views are very simple.If another nation sanctions the killing of even one American serviceman. I say we raze the whole dam country. And salt the land before we leave"

Methinks its you who has a serious brain inflamation from a stupidity overload.

Just read what you have said!. Raze an entire country just because one life was lost? Yeah that makes sense, kill millions of innocents just because they live on the "crime scene". Just WHAT kind of soldier were you? How sickening.

Read Akwabbit's post again, dictionary in hand if you need it.

*deeply disturbed by such nazi-like attitude*

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
BS or not BS?
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2000, 07:51:00 PM »
 I will admit that most of what I post is done "tounge in cheek" What the hell, its just a game. And as such. Hard to take in any serious way. But I did have a reaction to holding this clown up as an object of admiration.

Suppose the goals he fought for had been achived. Would you want you children liveing in a world like that.

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
BS or not BS?
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2000, 08:13:00 PM »
With you 100% Easymo.  Yep, just like Viet Nam vets deserved to be reviled and spit upon because they fought in a losing war.  We all know the soldiers there fought that war because they were totally committed to the cause.  That's what soldiers do.  

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
BS or not BS?
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2000, 08:23:00 PM »
 Pyro. suppose the goals we fought for had been achived?  A free and democratic South Viet Nam.

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
BS or not BS?
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2000, 08:25:00 PM »
Wasn't Eder's Fw 190 known as "lucky 13" by USAAF bomber crews? Wonder why...

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
BS or not BS?
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2000, 08:46:00 PM »
>Pyro. suppose the goals we fought for had
>been achived? A free and democratic South
>Viet Nam.

Hehehe I doubt that.  That was the most corrupt and decadent goverment since the state of Louisiana.  

Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
BS or not BS?
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2000, 08:53:00 PM »
Wab. A goal is something you strive for. Not something that exists.

And BTW. Pyro. Comparing Viet Nam vets to nazi soldiers is nothing new. I got use to that when you were still in short pants.

Offline Baddawg

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.dogfighter.com
BS or not BS?
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2000, 09:14:00 PM »
Here is an interesting piece of trivia
Georg Peter Eder is  supposedly the pilot that  kept filling  Robert S Johnsons P47 fulla Mg  because his cannons were jammed and ultimately  let Johnson fly away
 http://www.thehistorynet.com/MilitaryHistory/articles/0896_text.htm

"As Johnson tried to fly home, he caught the attention of Major Georg-Peter Eder, another Fw-190A pilot who had just recently transferred to II/JG.26. Eder's 20mm cannons were jammed, but he followed Johnson halfway across the Channel, riddling the American's plane with 7.62mm bullets until he finally ran out of ammunition. Eder then brought his Fw-190 alongside the crippled ship (close enough for Johnson to note that his adversary's eyes were brown), shook his head in disbelief that it was still in the air, then rocked his wings in salute and peeled off for home."

Yosus

BS or not BS?
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2000, 09:15:00 PM »
Wars, and the reasons people go there are never simplistic.

My grandfather was beheaded by the Japanese at Sandakan ... two weeks AFTER the war.

Thousands of British and Australian POW's died at Sandakan, and yet the British government still won't acknowledge what happened there.

Also, apparently 'Operation Kingfisher' was designed to free the prisoners, but MacArthur wouldn't sanction the use of allied resources in the region.

So ... who should I hate?

The Japanese? The U.S. Forces? or the Australian and British governments who turned a blind eye?

Does that mean I should also hate the people of those countries? I'm an Australian, and I've met both in the flesh and in cyber-space, people whom I admire and LIKE from all the above countries.

I feel deep sorrow for what has happened, and hope that we as human beings can communicate and learn to respect each other.

We can show this respect even now. We know nothing much about the German guy, but his record sounds impressive.

Being closed minded, and exhibiting the attitude that 'right or wrong, my country', allows small atrocities to become larger ones.

A small atrocity IMO is the attitude that easymo exhibits re: "...if a single U.S. serviceman ... we should raise the country" and when ignored eventually escalates ... a very sad and scary thing.

We all have been guilty in the past of being small minded.

I hope my children grow up in a world where successful communication is put on a premium,
and the world realises that resources of the planet is finite, and needs to be shared fairly.

This is not happening yet ... but one day, it just might.

Cheers
Yosus.

------------------
'One day, flight simulation will be so realistic, that you'll need to wear brown corduroy'
Phoenix Squadron.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
BS or not BS?
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2000, 09:22:00 PM »

And BTW. Pyro. Comparing Viet Nam vets to nazi soldiers is nothing new. I got use to that when you were still in short pants.

When you have to resort to using age as an argument for why you are correct... you aren't.

Give it up Easymo... if you were just joking then fine - the joke is over and you can let it go.  If you are serious.. then you need to seek profesional help.

To indicate that the soldier is responsible for the action of his government shows that you know absolutely nothing about being a soldier(don't really care how much experience you cite... you've shown you didn't learn anything).  If you know the actions of this specific individual belayed anything but a sense of honor.. then feel free to share that with us.  If you assume he is a criminal because he was the enemy 60 years ago then you are petty at best and ignorant at worst.

AKDejaVu
2 Grandfathers in WWII - both wounded
Hold no grudge against any soldier that served in WW2 just because he served.

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
BS or not BS?
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2000, 09:44:00 PM »

Originally posted by easymo:

I know that.  That's why I trolled your troll.  Ironic, ain't it?

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
BS or not BS?
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2000, 10:03:00 PM »
 One last post on this.

The right to free speech is one of the most valued, by the American people. And, ironicly, I would be willing to go to war to defend your right to post this nazi,s photo. But I ask that you consider how you might feel had I posted photo,s taken in the german death camps. My reaction to people oowing and awwwing, over this guy, is exactly the same. And im exercising my right of free speech.To point out that this is BS.