Author Topic: Great stuff but...  (Read 1732 times)

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
Re: Great stuff but...
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2012, 03:26:33 PM »
currently even with HQ down bases still flash when any enemy is in range except when an entire fleet is parked offshore and leveling the town with no one upping.  :rolleyes:
:rofl I recall a bunch of ppl calling you out on Country for doing that and they all responded with dont go near the Strats let him play by himself.

Nobody but a select few had the nads to go after the boat.  :rolleyes:

=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2012, 03:28:14 PM »
Hq unresuppliable?   So that would be griefing an entire country for two hours for not "playing your way" - i.e. defending the strats.

Make the destruction of HQ tied to the ability to capture bases; as in if it's flat, that country can't take bases.  That would motivate the large volume of players that seem to like base steamrolling to protect the strats like you would want.
Then make the downtime 30 minutes - max.  You would get a viable target without making an entire country pissed off (and many would log off) because the enemy countries have radar and they don't.

Edit: at the very least, make HQ destruction only affect dot dar. Losing bar dar is a fun killer.  If bar dar was down for two hours without ability to resupply, I would log off for sure.  Don't want to play hide and seek.
So dont change it to how Fester wants them to play, But how you want them to?   :rolleyes:

Please dont respond.  :lol
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2012, 03:57:13 PM »
Give the bombers a target worth hitting that will stay down longer than the trip home.

Sounds good. 

That 6 hour destruction duration for strats I'd be against. 

A 90 min to 2 hour window I'd think passable.

Imagine a 6 hour window: Fester & Friends pork ammo factory at 3PM.  So for 6 hours through prime-time some woebegone country's bomb production is nixed.  No, says I.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2012, 04:07:04 PM »
A 90 min to 2 hour window I'd think passable.

Imagine a 6 hour window: Fester & Friends pork ammo factory at 3PM.  So for 6 hours through prime-time some woebegone country's bomb production is nixed.  No, says I.

Imagine a 2 hour window.  Fester & Friends pork ammo factory at 6PM.  You log in at 6:05 intending to play for a couple hours and win teh warz.  For the 2 hours through prime-time you're intending to play, your woebegon country's bomb production is nixed.  No, says I.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 04:18:39 PM »
Hi XXXXX.

Basically we are planing on a few changes.

1st I have come to the conclusion that more complex = less use.

With that in mind we are planing on removing the city component in the chain.

Are current thinking is.
Bombing cities will effect town down times. The cities will be located where they are now.

Factories will be down for 2 or more hours and the city will no longer effect them and they effect the same things as they used to.

Factories will be located many different places in the terrain, and can be over run.

I have not found a use for trains yet, but we may just replace some truck convoys to large fields with trains.

HiTech

This is a private message I sent at the beginning of may.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 04:36:16 PM »
It is very high on my list after making this version stable.

HiTech
:aok
Lighten up Francis