Author Topic: Great stuff but...  (Read 1735 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Great stuff but...
« on: July 20, 2012, 07:46:23 AM »
Disco feature will be great when it's finally enabled. Me 410 is a fun plane. The 87G-2 was long wished for (I just hope that the players who wished for it will actually use it in the future ;))

But I have to admit that I'm quite sad to see nothing has happened on the state of the strats. Yes, call it a whine, but I was simply hoping for it.  And now I can only :cry

Next version please?  :pray

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
Re: Great stuff but...
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 07:48:50 AM »
The 87G-2 was long wished for (I just hope that the players who wished for it will actually use it in the future ;))

Already been using it love shooting tanks with it. A lot of fun.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 08:46:51 AM »
 :pray
now posting as SirNuke

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 09:14:57 AM »
Disco feature will be great when it's finally enabled. Me 410 is a fun plane. The 87G-2 was long wished for (I just hope that the players who wished for it will actually use it in the future ;))

But I have to admit that I'm quite sad to see nothing has happened on the state of the strats. Yes, call it a whine, but I was simply hoping for it.  And now I can only :cry

Next version please?  :pray

It is very high on my list after making this version stable.

HiTech

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 09:16:53 AM »

HiTech

How would Zack say?

Fantastic! Hurrah!  :banana:

:salute
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 09:23:27 AM »
I would like to see the following strat changes:

change city to affect town building downtimes

change factories to 6 hr downtime when hit with no resupply on strat enabled.

Factory target density increased to make them more dense and more clustered with buildings to destroy than town objects.

HQ unresuppliable. do this and I will for the first time since resupply mechanic was added do a HQ run. I used to do them all the time. we used to have HQ runs to fight off and join every night.

resupply ended that. give the bombers a target worth hitting that will stay down longer than the trip home.

Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 09:57:43 AM »
Hq unresuppliable?   So that would be griefing an entire country for two hours for not "playing your way" - i.e. defending the strats.

Make the destruction of HQ tied to the ability to capture bases; as in if it's flat, that country can't take bases.  That would motivate the large volume of players that seem to like base steamrolling to protect the strats like you would want.
Then make the downtime 30 minutes - max.  You would get a viable target without making an entire country pissed off (and many would log off) because the enemy countries have radar and they don't.

Edit: at the very least, make HQ destruction only affect dot dar. Losing bar dar is a fun killer.  If bar dar was down for two hours without ability to resupply, I would log off for sure.  Don't want to play hide and seek.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 10:17:57 AM by caldera »
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 10:22:46 AM »
I would like to see the following strat changes:

change city to affect town building downtimes

change factories to 6 hr downtime when hit with no resupply on strat enabled.

Factory target density increased to make them more dense and more clustered with buildings to destroy than town objects.

HQ unresuppliable. do this and I will for the first time since resupply mechanic was added do a HQ run. I used to do them all the time. we used to have HQ runs to fight off and join every night.

resupply ended that. give the bombers a target worth hitting that will stay down longer than the trip home.

I hope all this doesn’t result in crippling the game experience for us furballers, just because we don’t enjoy flying CAP on the HQs...

MH
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 10:26:20 AM by TDeacon »

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 10:26:15 AM »

HiTech

:aok + 10000000000000000000000000000 00

Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 10:27:18 AM »
<snip>
Make the destruction of HQ tied to the ability to capture bases; as in if it's flat, that country can't take bases.  That would motivate the large volume of players that seem to like base steamrolling to protect the strats like you would want.
Then make the downtime 30 minutes - max.  You would get a viable target without making an entire country pissed off (and many would log off) because the enemy countries have radar and they don't.
<snip>

This suggestion is a stroke of genius.  +1   :aok  

MH
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 10:33:31 AM by TDeacon »

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 10:30:48 AM »
I hope all this doesn’t result in crippling the game experience for us furballers, just because we don’t enjoy flying CAP on the HQs...

MH

I wouldn't worry too much about that.  Curious to see what they've come up with for it.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 11:23:11 AM »
currently even with HQ down bases still flash when any enemy is in range except when an entire fleet is parked offshore and leveling the town with no one upping.  :rolleyes:
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2012, 11:29:26 AM »
Fantastic and Hurrah! :)

That new disco feature sounds very good :old:

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2012, 12:14:04 PM »
Two changes relative to fields and the like, that I would like to see considered.....

Bunkers... Having had to work in and around ordnance bunkers, I will tell you plainly that they are completely immune to gunfire. Several feet of reinforced concrete requires specialty-fuzed bombs to penetrate these things. Near-misses do nothing whatsoever. Direct hits with instantaneous fuzes will do little to nothing.

Vehicle resupply... Nothing is more frustrating than to knock out a turret only to have it repaired in a blink of an eye. Supplies should just resupply, not instantly repair. Have a gun knocked out? Return to the spawn or hanger and get a new one. Tracked? Should require a period of time to repair, but only if not within machine gun range of the enemy (a crew will not attempt to repair a track under fire). Maybe we need recovery vehicles....

Other things... 88mm guns traverse far slower than I've seen in films of actual guns in action, especially if the gun crew pushes the gun around on its mount. I suspect the 17 Pounder would traverse faster as well.
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 12:15:41 PM »
Totally agree to big cities linking to town building down times...........

For me it could all be simplified. I.e big cities affect every thing......... But if HT wants to keep he factory strat model within these big cities that's Ok with me  to, just more than required.

The HQ thing is interesting.....  Don't really use it now ..... Would we miss it?

Key thing is to create a level bombing strat target that directly affects the rebuild time across town buildings over a large area and brings rewards when hit.
Ludere Vincere