Author Topic: Thoughts on Trinity....  (Read 1217 times)

Offline krazyhorse

• Nickel Member
Thoughts on Trinity....
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2003, 12:47:09 PM »
i like it  great graphics and all, i would like to see it segmented like the pizza map though , due to the shear size of it .  this is not a squeak or whine  , matter of fact the terrain reminds me of home:)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2003, 04:22:34 PM by krazyhorse »

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Thoughts on Trinity....
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2003, 02:32:42 PM »
Originally posted by spiegel
TRINITY MAP SUCKS JUST LIKE REST OF ACES HIGH!

Thanks for your input. Have you ever considered a personality transplant? :D
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline krazyhorse

• Nickel Member
Thoughts on Trinity....
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2003, 04:24:39 PM »
ah shucks nobaddy,, speigel just upset that his surgical procedure didnt quite work rite, his addadicktome failed, so instead the had to bash the stump and split the tree

Offline Gryffin

• Nickel Member
Thoughts on Trinity....
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2003, 05:22:54 PM »
I love the new map, it is fantastic. The textures are awesome, I love the high mountains and narrow valleys. I also like the idea of the gv only area in the middle.

Possibly the only suggestion I could make it to have a few more areas where the fields are closer together. Definately not all the fields, but as you said, the goal was to create a map that could cater to all types of action, and I think that compared to some of the other maps in the cycle there is a noticable lack of areas where the fields are closer together (say 1/2 - 3/4 of a square).

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Thoughts on Trinity....
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2003, 06:17:23 PM »
In what possible way is this map catering to early war and slower planes?   The fields are much farther apart.
lazs

Offline Gryffin

• Nickel Member
Thoughts on Trinity....
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2003, 06:25:13 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
In what possible way is this map catering to early war and slower planes?   The fields are much farther apart.
lazs

Was this meant for me lazs? This is pretty much what I am saying, there should be more areas where the fields are closer.

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Thoughts on Trinity....
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2003, 11:34:16 PM »
Ok..let us see if I can get this file attached.... If it works..it will show the map that I'm sending to HT in the morning. Much more terrain detail shows.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
Thoughts on Trinity....
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2003, 11:42:43 PM »
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by spiegel
TRINITY MAP SUCKS JUST LIKE REST OF ACES HIGH!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your input. Have you ever considered a personality transplant?

NB as you know teenagers can't be helped :p
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline Lghtning

• Zinc Member
Thoughts on Trinity....
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2003, 12:33:06 AM »
I hate old men... :rolleyes:

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Thoughts on Trinity....
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2003, 06:43:04 AM »
Hello NoBaddy again!

I send to you e-mail through HTC, but it came back to me like a bumerang, maybe wrong adress? Can you please send it to me via HTC or to address below!

It is good that your great Trinity terrain wakes up so many discussions, because it helps you make it even more better in the next updates!;)

As I had wrote in the other thread: the only weak point in Trinity is the CB map, it's not readable. Can you please check this discussion in the Terrain editor BB's:

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66264

I have created there couple of example pictures from Dux's Fin-Rus CB map and Trinity's CB map. We use in Finland term: "constructive criticism" and it is just like it: I want that Trinity is becoming perfect MA terrain in the near future! It is very near of it now.;)

I have couple of more ideas to you, so please, contact me with e-mail:

ismo@kesalesket.net

Ps. I have flown in Trinity's world since last friday about 24 hours, maybe it tells something for the map... :D
« Last Edit: February 10, 2003, 06:45:25 AM by kanttori »
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Thoughts on Trinity....
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2003, 08:11:12 AM »
gryf.. no.. my comment was not to you but to the guys who claim that this late war and GV centric map has "something for everyone".
lazs

Offline Hornet

• Nickel Member
Thoughts on Trinity....
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2003, 09:05:29 AM »
hmm dunno lazs, i've spent all my time this camp in a spit5/9 or an f6...hardly the speed demons of the AH planeset, but haven't had problems finding fights or scoring kills. I certainly don't feel "discriminated against" and I only fighters. It's big like pizza, but its not a milkrunners paradise like pizza is.

I've been in several CV to CV battles that was pure furball...and these lasted far longer than the same fights on any other map because the lakes on trinity get less attention from the pork and auger guys for some reason, fine with me.
Hornet

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Thoughts on Trinity....
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2003, 02:06:36 PM »
hornet.. i would agree that the cv fights last longer and are very fun... I am not sure why.. maybe the extra ship?   whatever.. the cv fights are good but... they could be good on any map.

As for the rest... Nope... gotta dissagree  maybe you can find good furballs at the fields but me and my squaddies are kinda having a rough time... at least as bad as the pizza in that regard.  In fact... I see even more late war planes in this terrain than pizza.   The spits and early war planes I see in this map at feilds get slaughtered while the late war planes B&Z or simply run.
lazs

Offline krazyhorse

• Nickel Member
Thoughts on Trinity....
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2003, 02:37:57 PM »
well i guess what i think is  that each arena should have  a plane set corrisponding with different years of WWII  say 39 thru 41  42- 43 43- 44  then 39 - 45 my 2 cents

Offline Frstrm

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.virtualworld.com
vh spawn from 136? - 135
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2003, 02:40:45 PM »
FYI,

vh spawn point is on a extreme steep incline.

vehicles spawn facing north/south with incline east/west.

you move slightly and immediately roll the vehicle.

If you do make it, (nudge it until able to rear up the incline) it is almost a 90 drop just before the vh.

i.e. it is imposible to reach 135 from 136? even thou there is a vh spawn point there.