Author Topic: bombers getting to alt?  (Read 328 times)

Offline Central

• Nickel Member
bombers getting to alt?
« on: February 10, 2003, 12:12:09 PM »
Quote from FAQ
Does the use of AI bombers mean that ToD is for fighter pilots only?

You can be a bomber pilot in ToD. ToD will be a much more realistic experience for bomber pilots because they will get to fly as part of a large bomber group. Using A.I. bombers allows us to field more bombers and maintain a more realistic fighter/bomber ratio. It also insures that missions always run on schedule and do what is intended.

Does this mean bomber pilots will be spending 45- 60 mins climbing to alt (before seeing any action) or will they start in the air.. mid-point?

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
bombers getting to alt?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2003, 09:20:53 PM »
Probably climbing to alt... if you really want to experience buffing, you'd do it, wouldn't you? :D
Army of Muppets

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
bombers getting to alt?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2003, 04:50:29 AM »
Please don't put air starts in AH2!

Offline btone

• Zinc Member
EUREKA
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2003, 07:14:48 PM »
I just thought this might work...
Ok so....bombers are AI UNLESS someone pilots them, right? (I hope)
Well, let the bombers take off as AI then let someone have the option of getting in them along the way, so the enemy can still down them at any time, no one has to waste time climbing, AND you still get to gun and bomb and what not.  Maybe even have the option of joining an AI plane as tail gunner only and let it fly and bomb, or as pilot only and, (hey can the AI tail gun?), if the AI CAN tail gun then join as only a bombardier/pilot or whatnot.

there's my two cents