Author Topic: Things to come...I wish  (Read 115 times)

Offline ~Caligula~

• Nickel Member
Things to come...I wish
« on: October 06, 2001, 01:13:00 AM »
Being a betatester of IL2 (new update just came out)I get to see what that game looks like before most people.I guess the demo looks good too but it ain`t nothing compared to what the finished product will be like.
It`ll be different from AH,so I`m not planning to leave AH for IL2 especially with the lowered price ,besides diversity is nice.

But there are many things in IL2 that are just simply amazing,and I`d love to see them in AH in the future.

1.  Contrails.Over 3000m planes have contrails.It looks very cool,and in reallistic settings(no icons) makes spotting possible.I doubt it`s a major FPS drop factor.

2. Hitsprites. The new 20mm hitsprites look exactly the same as what I saw on guncam films.Other hitsprites look great too,they may be a little overdone,but You know for sure if You hit something with that 30mm cannon.

3. Sounds. The new soundeffects made by the god of sound Meatwater are incredible.
1.08 has some nice sounds,but it`s not even close to IL2`s.Hearing is beliving.

4. User made skins. There`s another tread going about it,I have nothing new to say about it.

Besides the usual flamefest(bring it on SWulfe),I`d really appreciate to see what HTC`s oppinion about these,and if there are plans to improve AH in these fields.