Author Topic: P-38 Squadron?  (Read 854 times)

Offline Walker42

• Zinc Member
P-38 Squadron?
« on: February 14, 2003, 10:15:47 AM »
I'm fairly new to Aces High, and my Pay Subscription starts today.    The P-38 is my Dream Aircraft as long as I can remember, and my Aircraft of Choice.    Is there any serious squads out there that use mainly the P-38?  

Thanks,
Walker42

Offline TheManx

• Copper Member
      • http://4wingonline.com
P-38 Squadron?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2003, 12:34:32 PM »
We have a group of planes we use as main rides. The 38 is definitelly a fighter that many of us have learned well, and use often. Other planes we use are the Mustang, Typhoon, Spitfire, and Mosquito.

Two other squadrons that use the 38 a great deal are the Twin Engined Devils (CO Fester), and the 479th Raiders (CO Tkor).

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Re: P-38 Squadron?
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2003, 02:42:26 PM »
Originally posted by Walker42
I'm fairly new to Aces High, and my Pay Subscription starts today.    The P-38 is my Dream Aircraft as long as I can remember, and my Aircraft of Choice.    Is there any serious squads out there that use mainly the P-38?  

There are a couple that use it primarily. You might want to head over to the HTC squadron listing pages and take a look at the listings of USAAF squadrons.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
P-38 Squadron?
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2003, 04:22:42 PM »
THe 479th Raiders  fly 38 as their main ride...You need to look them up

Offline Walker42

• Zinc Member
P-38 Squadron?
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2003, 05:23:45 PM »
it doesn't seem like either of these squadrons have a website.   Maybe I'll send them an email.  

Does anyone know if one of these squadrons primarily play in the Late Evening EST?   To narrow it down for an email.

Thanks for the help.

S!

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
P-38 Squadron?
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2003, 05:34:26 PM »
ahhh 38 is great plane...to get shot down in...hehehe

I like the plane..I fly it but not often..Cause u get your asss kiked unless you got Adv.....it wont outrun half the planes in here...It turns like a champion tho..and carries great weapons...

I wouldnt just base your squad on the Plane they fly..

I fly with Marines..and they fly all the planes..we do have soem seriuos 38 pilots....hell one of them has a handle that  says it..38MAW..

anyways..good luck..and feel free to wing with us..

BiGB
xoxo

Marine Air Wing   [M.A.W.]

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
P-38 Squadron?
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2003, 06:59:36 PM »
Lawdee ... Marine Pee Dirty Apes. Go figure. ;)

And here I thought Marines flew what the Navy issued not the Army. :eek:

:D

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
P-38 Squadron?
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2003, 07:33:16 PM »
Marines do one thing...Kill for country

and of course save your ass

So we dont care what tool we use...What ever will do the job..or atleast have fun while doing it..

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
P-38 Squadron?
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2003, 08:20:09 PM »
Whaterver you say, jarhead. ;) oo-rah!

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
P-38 Squadron?
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2003, 08:39:51 PM »
ooh rah..:)

Salute
BiGB
xoxo

Offline akak

• Silver Member
      • http://www.479thraiders.com
P-38 Squadron?
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2003, 10:03:50 PM »
it doesn't seem like either of these squadrons have a website. Maybe I'll send them an email.
Does anyone know if one of these squadrons primarily play in the Late Evening EST? To narrow it down for an email.

Thanks for the help.

S!

While the 479th is a historical based squadron that flew P-38s and P-51s, not everyone in the squadron flies either of those two planes as their mine ride.  There are however, quite a few Raiders that fly the P-38 and P-51 as their main ride, just like our real life counter-parts did back in WW2.

Basically we're just a group of guys that like to fly together, in some cases for 5+yrs, and gossip over vox while shooting down Bishops and Rookies.  Like I mentioned earlier, there are quite a few of us that do fly the P-38L as their main ride and have built up quite a bit of knowledge over the years from various online flight sims.

If you're interested and want to check us out, our squad nights are Wednesday and Sundays at 6:30pm EST and you can usually find about 5-6 Raiders up on any given night in the MA and fly for the Knitwits...err I mean Knights :D  Here's a link to our website.  I don't think it's been updated since we made the move to AH a year ago but it pretty much sums up what the squadron is about.

479th Fighter Group - Riddle's Raiders

Ack-Ack
479th FG - Riddle's Raiders

Offline mia389

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
P-38 Squadron?
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2003, 10:32:42 PM »
Originally posted by BGBMAW
ahhh 38 is great plane...to get shot down in...hehehe

I like the plane..I fly it but not often..Cause u get your asss kiked unless you got Adv.....it wont outrun half the planes in here...It turns like a champion tho..and carries great weapons...

I have this same problem with the P38 its a great fighter for 1 on 1 but against 2 I seem to die every time.  I like stall fighting with it but cant do that against 2 people lol

Offline Walker42

• Zinc Member
P-38 Squadron?
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2003, 08:12:20 AM »
Ack-Ack,

Sounds good, but unfortunately I can never play before 9pm EST.   So it probably wouldn't be the best if I couldn't make squad nights.     Thanks anyways.

You guys are probably right.  I shouldn't just narrow it down to the 38, but man is that aircraft Sweet!

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
P-38 Squadron?
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2003, 12:03:50 AM »
COME OVER  2 ROOKLAND :D
    I fly 38,s 99.9% of the time,and you can have fun killin MAW,s LOL    :cool:

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time