Author Topic: Thoughts on why Christianity is fake  (Read 2735 times)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Thoughts on why Christianity is fake
« Reply #120 on: March 01, 2003, 03:19:01 PM »
While I believe that God Knows who will believe and who will not, I believe that all men and women choose under their own free will to believe what they want.  I do beleive that circumstances help shape our decisions in life.  But the choice is always yours to make.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: March 01, 2003, 03:23:36 PM »
I believe the sky is green.
sand

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: March 01, 2003, 03:30:50 PM »
Obviously circumstances will influence this. If it is a cloudless sky, during the daytime, then you are wrong, unless of course you have some chronic issue with your eyes that makes blue things look green.  If ti is nightime, or sunset, sunrise, the color of the sky will be different. But you are baiting me.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: March 01, 2003, 03:31:49 PM »
Oh no... not baiting. Just trying to illustrate the point. :)

Don't get me wrong, Ammo. I consider you one of the "true believers."

True believers seldom irritate. It is not my intention to convert you. :)
sand

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: March 01, 2003, 03:31:53 PM »
It can be for a colorblind person..

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
« Reply #125 on: March 01, 2003, 03:36:16 PM »
My favourite thing was to bait my religion teacher to arguments at school..

I was extremely bored at religious history lessons (where we were taught of the different religions on this planet, not only christianity)

I made a cup with my hand and I stated: There is a small invisible goblin on my hand, can't you see it? I believe it's there. If you state you believe there's a God and I should believe it, the same should go vice versa. Prove me wrong..

We spent the whole hour in class arguing that time, I wasn't bored at all. With time she saw through me and spit the bait out.. :)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: March 01, 2003, 03:38:49 PM »
But it still remains blue for most people. It is widely accepted, even to folks that are color blind,  that the sky is blue.  If you choose to believe that it is green, yellow, whatever, then you are still wrong.   You can argue the point all you want, but it will not change.  

BTW, God made that beautiful blue sky.

Offline BlkKnit

• Gold Member
« Reply #127 on: March 01, 2003, 03:50:16 PM »
I.....nope, nope, not gonna do it.  

Peace, Brothers :)

Once a Knight is Never Enough

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #128 on: March 01, 2003, 03:54:59 PM »
Originally posted by -ammo-
But it still remains blue for most people. It is widely accepted, even to folks that are color blind,  that the sky is blue.  If you choose to believe that it is green, yellow, whatever, then you are still wrong.   You can argue the point all you want, but it will not change.  

BTW, God made that beautiful blue sky.

Acceptance is not truth. :)
sand

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #129 on: March 01, 2003, 04:17:17 PM »
Originally posted by Siaf__csf
I made a cup with my hand and I stated: There is a small invisible goblin on my hand, can't you see it? I believe it's there. If you state you believe there's a God and I should believe it, the same should go vice versa. Prove me wrong..

Believe what you want, including that you are smarter and wiser than those who choose to believe in a creator. We can't and won't stop ya.

BTW, where did the hand that you were holding your goblin come from?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
« Reply #130 on: March 01, 2003, 04:22:36 PM »
Umm... AkIron did you skip biology lessons perhaps? I don't want to go into too graphic detail. Lol.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #131 on: March 01, 2003, 04:31:23 PM »
Umm... AkIron did you skip biology lessons perhaps? I don't want to go into too graphic detail. Lol.

Of course you don't know, not that hard to admit it. Unless you find it necessary to maintain your superior knowledge and wisdom personna. I find your "let's ridicule the ignorant and superstitious christians" to be quite contrary to the image you would portray.

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
« Reply #132 on: March 01, 2003, 04:44:05 PM »
AkIron first of all, I'm a parent myself. I know exactly from where children come to this world.

What you meant probably is what created the universe where we live - and for that my friend I have no answer. In fact nobody does.

There are some that believe in big bang, there are some that believe the universe is pulsating, exploding and collapsing repeatedly. There are some that believe the universe was created by some divine being.

What's common to all of them is that they can believe whatever they want, nobody has and probably ever will know the final answer to this question.

I personally have wondered why it's so important for people to try to look for a reason why we're here. The big WHY question.. I've always settled to the fact that we ARE. Just as the ants are in the ground, the birds in the trees and the clouds on the sky.

There is no need for a bigger purpose, since being is a purpose in itself. Evolution needs no purpose, it becomes the purpose through necessity.

We're all a part of a big ants nest called Terra on this remote section of a mostly forgotten area of Plural B (or how did Douglas Adams describe it.)

That is what I believe - I'm not saying it's right but you can't prove me wrong either.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: March 01, 2003, 04:55:58 PM »
AkIron first of all, I'm a parent myself. I know exactly from where children come to this world.

What you meant probably is what created the universe where we live - and for that my friend I have no answer. In fact nobody does.

There are some that believe in big bang, there are some that believe the universe is pulsating, exploding and collapsing repeatedly. There are some that believe the universe was created by some divine being.

What's common to all of them is that they can believe whatever they want, nobody has and probably ever will know the final answer to this question.

I personally have wondered why it's so important for people to try to look for a reason why we're here. The big WHY question.. I've always settled to the fact that we ARE. Just as the ants are in the ground, the birds in the trees and the clouds on the sky.

There is no need for a bigger purpose, since being is a purpose in itself. Evolution needs no purpose, it becomes the purpose through necessity.

We're all a part of a big ants nest called Terra on this remote section of a mostly forgotten area of Plural B (or how did Douglas Adams describe it.)

That is what I believe - I'm not saying it's right but you can't prove me wrong either.

here ya go...

"Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral Arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.
Orbitting this at a distance of roughly ninety-eight million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea..."
sand

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #134 on: March 01, 2003, 05:11:02 PM »
I thought it was obvious that my question about your hand referred to creation, perhaps not. Anyhow, for anyone to sneer at another's belief is both arrogant and ignorant. If that isn't what your were doing then my apologies.

Regarding the "big" question. If you don't wonder or care why you're here, no biggie, some of us do though.