Author Topic: Bush clumsyness must be a family thing...  (Read 417 times)

Offline takeda

• Nickel Member
Bush clumsyness must be a family thing...
« on: February 17, 2003, 09:55:17 AM »
Jeb Bush was today in Madrid, he was talking to a few officials in a very decent spanish, but then he greeted Aznar as "President of the Republic of Spain".

Lol....

Our King will for sure like that.

Offline Monk

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2003, 10:00:11 AM »
?

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2003, 10:06:31 AM »
I'm waiting his trip to England :D

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2003, 10:13:42 AM »
It's ok Straffo, we have the Duke of Edinborough (Queen's husband). He's made insulting foreign big-wigs a spectator sport and is one of the reasons I'm not a complete Republicanist. He'd out insult 'Done deal' Jeb any day of the week. :D
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2003, 10:26:20 AM »
Do a search for Duke of Endinburgh gaffes.  There are some really funny ones out there, he is a very funny guy.:D

here's one if his- "If it has got four legs and it is not a chair, if it has got two wings and it flies but is not an aeroplane, and if it swims and it is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it." (at a 1986 World Wildlife Fund meeting)

« Last Edit: February 17, 2003, 10:38:04 AM by thrila »
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline bounder

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2003, 10:33:42 AM »
Heh, at least the Duke of Edinburgh (or Phil the Greek as we like to call him) is worshipped as a living God which is a lot more than you can say for Jeb Bush.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2003, 12:54:48 PM »
Still throwing spears? (Question put to an Australian Aborigine during a visit in March 2002)

"British women can't cook." (1966)

"Everybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaining they are unemployed." (during the 1981 recession)

"We didn't have counsellors rushing around every time somebody let off a gun, asking 'Are you all right? Are you sure you don't have a ghastly problem?' You just got on with it." (commenting in 1995 on modern stress counselling for servicemen)

"If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?" (in 1996, amid calls to ban firearms after the Dunblane shooting)

"Bloody silly fool!" (in 1997, referring to a Cambridge University car park attendant who failed to recognise him)

"It looks as if it was put in by an Indian." (in 1999, referring to an old-fashioned fuse box in a factory near Edinburgh)

"Deaf? If you are near there, no wonder you are deaf." (in 1999, to young deaf people in Cardiff, referring to a school's steel band)

"They must be out of their minds." (in 1982, in the Solomon Islands, after being told that the annual population growth was only 5%)

"You are a woman, aren't you?" (in 1984, in Kenya, to a native woman who had presented him with a small gift)

If it has got four legs and it is not a chair, if it has got two wings and it flies but is not an aeroplane, and if it swims and it is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it

The Duke of Edinburgh  

"Your country is one of the most notorious centres of trading in endangered species in the world." (in 1991, in Thailand, after accepting a conservation award)

"Oh no, I might catch some ghastly disease." (in 1992 in Australia, when asked to stroke a Koala bear)

"You can't have been here that long - you haven't got a pot belly." (in 1993, to a Briton in Budapest, Hungary)

"Aren't most of you descended from pirates?" (in 1994, to an islander in the Cayman Islands)

"You managed not to get eaten, then?" (in 1998, to a student who had been trekking in Papua New Guinea)

"If it has got four legs and it is not a chair, if it has got two wings and it flies but is not an aeroplane, and if it swims and it is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it." (at a 1986 World Wildlife Fund meeting)

Hehehe that Duke is funny.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2003, 01:45:30 PM »
If we ever got rid of the monarchy, I'd vote for him to be President. He rules.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2003, 02:56:00 PM »
"If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?" (in 1996, amid calls to ban firearms after the Dunblane shooting)

seems reasonable to me

Offline wulfie

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.twinkies.com/index.asp
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2003, 03:40:58 PM »
Id vote for him too. :)

Mike/wulfie

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2003, 03:42:39 PM »
bush is an idiot not clumsy.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2003, 06:18:53 PM »
Originally posted by Frogm4n
bush is an idiot not clumsy.

Having trouble deciding which category this post belongs in.

Bomb Iraq.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2003, 06:23:03 PM »
Originally posted by capt. apathy
"If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?" (in 1996, amid calls to ban firearms after the Dunblane shooting) seems reasonable to me

LOL...I think that same argument was actually used here in one of those gun threats.

The Duke also made a serious faux-pas when he complained that his wife, the Queen, was making "outragious sexual demands" upon him early in their marriage.  Good for Lizzie.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2003, 06:26:24 PM by Curval »
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline takeda

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2003, 01:10:53 AM »
Update:

I heard today that later, Jeb Bush went to meet the King, and Juan Carlos said "Greet your brother, the King of USA ,in my name".

He was lucky our King is mostly a well humored chap... If not he would have been chained, thrown in a dark and wet dungeon and beheaded the next morning. :D

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2003, 09:52:42 AM »
lol