Author Topic: 109g6 Double Attack  (Read 1134 times)

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
109g6 Double Attack
« on: February 18, 2003, 06:42:19 AM »
Double Attack

EDIT (its a zipped ah film; you can either view it in the AH stand alone film viewer on through AH clipboard. To view on the clip board unzip the file to your HTC/AH/Films Folder. Thewn go into ah and click on the "film" button. )

Double Attack is a derivative of Loose Deuce. The pair still will switch rolls when necessary but the "other" pilot is more actively involved in the attack, not just waiting on the perch until the engaged pilot calls him down. This approach demands very close contact, and communication is very important.

With Double Attack each member will have to be able handle his responsibilities and understand when to switch. It is important to keep SA not just for the enemy but for each other. You dont want to killshooter youself or your wingman. When setting up a Double Attack in a 2 vs.1 its best to "bracket" the enemy. The two fighters split slightly away from each other in order to get on either side of the enemy. This way what ever way the enemy breaks one of the pair can saddle up. The idea here is for the pair to keep their energy state up and pressure of the enemy. If the enemy is making wild evasives the pilot attacking doesnt need to bleed energy to stay on his 6. He can break off and reposition while the other pilot takes up the attack. This type of attack doesnt allow the pair to maintain the greatest SA. So its important not to enter into a double attack unless you are reasonably sure the area is clear.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2003, 06:46:24 AM by Batz »

Offline Nath[BDP]

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
109g6 Double Attack
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2003, 08:02:07 AM »
lol
++Blue Knights++
vocalist of the year

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
109g6 Double Attack
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2003, 08:54:02 AM »
Gangbangers! :D ;)

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member
109g6 Double Attack
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2003, 04:37:05 AM »
S!

Finns call this tactic as a "Keinutuoli taktiikka" which means Swingchair tactic or Pendelum tactic. Paralel attack runs & hi-yoyos ie. As one pilot is attacking (Attacker) another pilot pull hi-yoyo (Support). Roles are changing flueltly.
Support responsible is maintain tally&visual AND sametime makea  fast check to the near by air space if new threats are inbound. Both have prety good SA and E-state. Sometimes its better disengage together and gain some E.

If you find yourself in Finnish swingchair with Finns, its better read fast a pray which start with word... Amen. :D

Common 2vs1 mistake is that when both are attacking same time and even worst, if both continiously pulling horizontaly for the gun solution. Poor common SA and E-state. One higher con and sitution could turn fast to the 1vs2...

For the "Gangbangdweeps" whiners. Next time login to the DA for dueling... Big arenas are just too much for you.. :D ;)

Offline WOZ30BAT

• Zinc Member
109g6 Double Attack
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2003, 05:59:40 AM »
Very nice teamwork..........:) ...People who complain about "ganging" don't understand the game
IN Game: Sidious

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
109g6 Double Attack
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2003, 03:14:33 PM »
Originally posted by Xjazz
For the "Gangbangdweeps" whiners. Next time login to the DA for dueling... Big arenas are just too much for you.. :D ;)

If you can handle yourself in the DA .. Then there shouldnt be much trouble in the MA..

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
109g6 Double Attack
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2003, 03:39:23 PM »
Originally posted by WOZ30BAT
Very nice teamwork..........:) ...People who complain about "ganging" don't understand the game

I agree Woz

If you want to be immersed in a WW2 Simulation of real war air fighting, then you need to accept that WW2 pilots always "gangbanged" when given the opportunity, it was the whole point wasn't it? Shoot down the enemy plane whenever the opportunity arose to eliminate any future threat from that aircraft. I like most people hate to get jumped, but, I admit it is usually my fault for being in that position anyway.

NwBie
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline Nath[BDP]

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
109g6 Double Attack
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2003, 07:18:45 PM »
holy idjit

don't equate games with real life
++Blue Knights++
vocalist of the year

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member
109g6 Double Attack
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2003, 01:47:27 AM »
Originally posted by WldThing
If you can handle yourself in the DA .. Then there shouldnt be much trouble in the MA..

And looking opportunity for a "Gentlemans A2A Dueling" in MA :confused:

Originally posted by Nath[BDP]
holy idjit

don't equate games with real life

BTW Did you hear that the HTC is planing new name for Aces High II? The Tie Fighters Extra High.

Hitech start feeling like he is mixing way too much real life ww2 planes & history etc BS,  to the game.
Lucky us, he get real.. I mean... you know... eeh...
;)

My bet allways for small, tight & well co-operate squad vs bigger so call squad with "Wingman? Fukit, My K/D first" kind of team work...

Batz
Bit short but good film anyway. Very informative site too.

Offline bockko

• Nickel Member
      • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blackoutboys/
109g6 Double Attack
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2003, 09:12:57 AM »
there is a distinct difference between being ganged and being attacked by a coordinated team. When 6 planes dive out of the blue straight on your 6, that bites. When two 109's line up on you at your 3 and 6...that is cool (respect for their flying), I kinda enjoy seeing how good they really are. Being bracketed by skilled pilots puts you into a difficult situation that you just gotta tip the hat to. Definitely a difference between skilled coordination and no skill ganging.

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
109g6 Double Attack
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2003, 10:13:42 AM »
What im guessing here is that you guys actually thought i cared about being engaged by two cons..  

My statement was a joke in the first place, i engage multiple cons on every occasion so its not a big deal to me..

I respect good wingman tactics and doing what they can do down the opossing force..

Offline Nath[BDP]

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
109g6 Double Attack
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2003, 01:04:45 PM »
Originally posted by Xjazz
[B
BTW Did you hear that the HTC is planing new name for Aces High II? The Tie Fighters Extra High.

Hitech start feeling like he is mixing way too much real life ww2 planes & history etc BS,  to the game.
Lucky us, he get real.. I mean... you know... eeh...
;)

My bet allways for small, tight & well co-operate squad vs bigger so call squad with "Wingman? Fukit, My K/D first" kind of team work...

Batz
[/B]

Can someone translate this?  I think he's saying that HTC sucks.
++Blue Knights++
vocalist of the year

Offline Tsingis

• Copper Member
      • http://www.kanttorinkone.com/llv32/
109g6 Double Attack
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2003, 06:51:19 AM »
A pair of Finns in 109s is the deadliest combination out there.
In the Fin-Rus map we had a lot of fun with the pendulum.
The basic idea is that when the other guy goes up, you go down and vise versa to keep the pressure on and energy high.

Here's a series of pictures representing pendulum "in action":

Pendulum: Initial attack.

Pendulum: Continued.

Pendulum: End game.
Tsingis of Lentolaivue 32