Author Topic: graphics engine on AH2  (Read 4402 times)

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
graphics engine on AH2
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2003, 08:35:47 PM »
PLEASE MAKE IT BAD ASSS..I want to have my comp hurting for more..

so if you have somthn 900 mhz..u aint playing...tuff toejam..

I hope we dont have to lower our Graphics for some poor bellybutton chumps...i bougth a 1.4 gig..and ati 8500 setup for 700 bucks!!! come on,..thats cheap sht

Wonder if they can do the AW thingy...u have the option to play on crayola graphcs or the "3d"

Love
BiGB
xoxo

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
graphics engine on AH2
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2003, 10:58:50 AM »
Exaclty
900 is a neandrethal system.
Hop it up to 2ghz and a radeon 8500
gforce 3 ti500 minimum..
yeesh. its 2003.

Why waste development dollars on making an obsolete game.

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
graphics engine on AH2
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2003, 12:41:59 PM »
Originally posted by Pongo
Exaclty
900 is a neandrethal system.
Hop it up to 2ghz and a radeon 8500
gforce 3 ti500 minimum..
yeesh. its 2003.

Why waste development dollars on making an obsolete game.

Agree.

Offline weaselsan

• Silver Member
graphics engine on AH2
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2003, 05:44:28 PM »
test

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
graphics engine on AH2
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2003, 07:09:18 PM »
Like Marv Albert says....
 YeeeeeeEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dam i love the way that water looks..

Its in the HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
graphics engine on AH2
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2003, 07:24:12 AM »
The most important thing about modern flight simulator graphic engines is just the scalabilty. You always have a ton of options to adequate the graphics to your system specs. The same may also be applied to audio options.

Offline acepilot2

• Silver Member
graphics engine on AH2
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2003, 07:12:32 PM »
Wow...thats pretty...nice looking water, but how smooth is it?  What game is that from?

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
graphics engine on AH2
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2003, 02:02:39 AM »
AW

:cool:

Offline Ike 2K#

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
graphics engine on AH2
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2003, 03:30:07 AM »
wait till you see the "LOCK ON: MODERN AIR COMBAT"

you will be drooling on this sim.

russian arsenal

THIS IS NOT A B1B

every pilot's dream is to get in a MiG-29

Offline Ike 2K#

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
graphics engine on AH2
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2003, 03:31:41 AM »
I WARN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU WILL NEED AN ALIEN WARE PC OR YER OWN CUSTOMIZED HIGH POWERED PC TO GET SMOOTH FPS AND NICE GFX.

Offline jonnyb

• Nickel Member
graphics engine on AH2
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2003, 10:37:14 AM »
With a reference system of 900 MHz and a GeForce 2, HTC has set their standards well below the median system to attempt and accomodate a broader player base.  I feel this move my in fact hurt the company in the long run.  Firstly, existing players may become disappointed by the lack of upgrades suitable for their machines.  Many of the existing base is driving a >1GHz machine with a GeForce3 or above.

The competition in the MMPG WWII flight sim market is thankfully very small.  For now.  The competition in the video card market was very small, too, when 3dfx was king.  Suddenly, a little upstart called nVidia came and in the course of a couple years bankrupted the once-king.  This analogy can be applied to Aces High.  Currently, AH sits on the throne, ruling all the WWII flight sims.  It balances graphics, playability, range of aircraft/vehicles and community very well.  Sure, IL2 may have FAR better graphics, but their multiplayer code will not allow the 700+ players the servers at HTC do.

Imagine an Aces High on the IL2 graphics engine.  How far off is that?  What will happen to HTC's customer base if this theoretical game is released?  I contend that a lot of veteran players will move on.

The second area I see making a game accomdating a 900MHz/GeForce2 hurting HTC's business is in the recruitment of new customers.  People will hear of this great game, Aces High II: Tour of Duty and want to check it out.  Heck, free download, free 2 weeks of unlimited online play, updated graphics engine.  They download it, install it and get ready to run it.  When it boots up, they think, wow, great flight modeling, nice ballistics, but...um...is this 1999?  Why should I stick it out here, when I've got Joe Blow's WWII simulator that looks stunning, and sounds fabulous?

My suggestion is to utilize a system that many other games have done for years: adjustable detail levels.  You have a P4 3.06GHz with a Radeon 9800?  Excellent.  Max this puppy out.  Turn on smoke, particle effects, photorealistic landscapes.  You'll still be pushing 80 fps.  On the other end, you're running a 1GHz machine with a GeForce2.  Ok, unless you want to be watching a slide show, turn off some of those effects and turn down the detail.  Now, you, too can be playing this game with great framerates.

This would be a win-win situation for HTC.  Not only would they attract new business -- on both ends of the hardware spectrum -- but they would also keep current players' dollars.

Of course, this may already be on the way ;).

Offline Exile

• Gold Member
      • http://www.simladder.com/
graphics engine on AH2
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2003, 12:39:41 PM »
Originally posted by jonnyb
My suggestion is to utilize a system that many other games have done for years: adjustable detail levels.  You have a P4 3.06GHz with a Radeon 9800?  Excellent.  Max this puppy out.  Turn on smoke, particle effects, photorealistic landscapes.  You'll still be pushing 80 fps.  On the other end, you're running a 1GHz machine with a GeForce2.  Ok, unless you want to be watching a slide show, turn off some of those effects and turn down the detail.  Now, you, too can be playing this game with great framerates.

Abso-diddlyin-lutely!!

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
graphics engine on AH2
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2003, 05:04:17 PM »
Some good points jonny

BUT!!  I have to ask you what minimum specs are stated for IL2?

Here ya go....

PII 400, 128 MB RAM, 3D Accelerator with 16 MB RAM (voodoo3 at least or equal)

tho recommended:

PIII 600 or better, 256 MB RAM, 32-bit 3D accelerator with 32 MB RAM or better.

HTC has to compete graphically, and I sure hope they aim abit closer to bleeding edge.  With AW we all saw what the result of catering to the masses did...  The product was so outdated an upgrade wasn't possible, and the whole thing had to be started from scratch to come even close to modern standards...

I guess HTC is stating recommended as 900 or better that probably means the minimum will be somewhere around what IL2's recommended is..  I sure hope HT is gonna give us something more WOW than IL2 +)

SKurj

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
graphics engine on AH2
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2003, 05:16:37 PM »
hehe, minimum specs, what a joke

I always use recomended

Offline weaselsan

• Silver Member
graphics engine on AH2
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2003, 06:00:30 PM »
My system specs are $5,812.51 ......Maxed out graphics get in the 30 FPS. Two new Alienware on order. One with new NVidia the other with 9700 I'll benchmark and let you know the winner.