Author Topic: KOTH adjustments  (Read 875 times)

Offline Ratbo

• Copper Member
KOTH adjustments
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2003, 05:15:42 PM »
You started your own problem in Post #3.  :)

A real AW wouldn't have sniped like that at a little provocation provocation, he'd slowly plot the utter destruction of the forum nanny that dared challenge his carefully considered choice of venues.

All you succeded in doing with that little snipe was insuring the thread went down the path it did, and succeeded in rekindling the AW/AH BS.

Good Job!!

-W

Originally posted by Dano
I asked a simple question. POST 1
Someone, who thought their do-do didn't stink decided to come along and correct my mistake. POST 2
At which point, I felt that this correction to what, in reality is an insignificant mistake, was not called for and decided to post a rebuttle. POST 3

Offline Hornet

• Nickel Member
KOTH adjustments
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2003, 07:40:40 PM »
A real AW wouldn't have sniped like that at a little provocation, he'd slowly plot the utter destruction of the forum nanny that dared challenge his carefully considered choice of venues.

lol my thoughts exactly, the first "wrong forum" comment was like that newbie keeping his nose pointed up at ya even tho u clearly have an extra 25knots of airspeed to bleed out of your wings before flipping over to finish the rope. Reading on I was surprised to see the thread go the way it did. HT prolly just stepped in because he was annoyed to see someone blow a set like that
Hornet

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
KOTH adjustments
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2003, 08:11:18 PM »
Originally posted by WldThing
But anyways...A good idea would be to go back to the DA map with the 3 roll places..It was alot bigger, since the map we have now is pretty small IMO.

I agree WT & Dano... We do need more room.  Next KOTH will have a larger map, might only be the DA terrain but it's a start.

As for the rest of this stuff, c'mon guys...

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
KOTH adjustments
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2003, 08:15:01 PM »
Originally posted by Lazerus1
Questions tha have been raised about the map in the KOTH could be solved by adopting the WW terrain.

I have already looked at it.... It's almost the same size as the rumble terrain...  So I guess the consensus is that we do in fact need a larger map to work with...

Good, constructive feedback (in whatever forum) is good.

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
Re: Scheduling KOTH
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2003, 08:18:47 PM »
Originally posted by Gooss
I'd like to see KOTH on a regular schedule.   Knowing that KOTH will be, for example, on the 1st Friday of the month makes it easier to plan participation.

Agreed, however, until KOTH pulls in a larger share of the community, we'll have to settle for the Friday that TODs are "off".

Simply put, TOD draws a bigger crowd so it has a higher priority.  You guys help me with ideas to get it BIGGER & BETTER, I'll fight for a regualr slot... deal?

I have been posting the KOTH (March 28th) dates about a month out.... They hit the calendar about the same time.  Being the schedules and planning is somewhat fluid, any farther advance notice might prove self destructive.  Jordi also sends the schedule updates with his newsletter.

If there are any of you that would like a personal invitation to KOTH, please feel free to email me (button in signature) and I'll start a KOTH mailing list.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2003, 08:31:18 PM by BigMax »