Author Topic: gawd damit, ya all shoot pilots in chutes now?  (Read 2435 times)

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
gawd damit, ya all shoot pilots in chutes now?
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2003, 10:33:10 AM »
Chute shooting is a deplorable act and should be dealt with accordingly.

MiniD

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2003, 10:35:38 AM »
Shooting a chute = Less ammo for the next one.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2003, 10:37:24 AM »
only dishonor in chute shooting is missing   :p
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2003, 10:41:15 AM »
You not killing anyone here.

If it was war... I'd still shoot the GD chute of the sob that just shotup my buddie and tried to kill me.

Chivalry was a concept invented by tards on horses in armor that wanted to handicap the normal poor old sob w/notta but a spear and no armor. Maybe a bow if they where real lucky. It was cowardly to kill from a distance...to hide behind a tree and shot etc. It was fine to take the charge in open when all the advantages was w/the guy on the horse in the heavy armor.

America got over the Chivalry crap during the French-Indian war.
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2003, 10:46:24 AM »
Originally posted by nappy
gah.. i cant believe what im seeing here, virtually none
of u guys have any ethical problems shooting a guy
hanging in a chute :o

Being that it's a game, I don't see the ethical conflict. Unless of course you feel that this is cheating.

As slapshot points out, there are some uses for people in chutes, especially near an enemy airfield. Since the onyl time I ever get kills is when I catch my opponents napping (no pun intended) the idea of a floating "Check-6" Machine is undesireable to say the least. But then, I don't have enough ammo or aim to shoot chutes lol.

[edit] blatant troll removed. I don't feel like explaining it to the slow kids again
[/edit]

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2003, 10:50:21 AM »
todays new pilots..no chivalry, no spine and no respect for their opposition

Define "new."  I've been flying Air Warrior or Aces High in one form or another for seven years now, and I absolutely love to shoot chutes.

In fact, if I go for a long time without shooting any chutes, I get stressed out, short-tempered, and twitchy.  I try to get my fix by making the offline drones bail so I can shoot their chutes, but that never works.  :(

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2003, 11:02:43 AM »
I, for one, am certainly glad to see that the killing of chutes is once agian illiciting a negative response from our cadre of virtual heroes.

I was worried there for awhile that the community as whole had become complacent to the point of condoning, in general, this most hienous of acts.

I am truly hopeful of a time in the MA, CT, SEA, etc. when all pilots will bail out of their unfortunate wrecks with utter abandon.  

Please, let us band together and howl in righteous fury over channel 1 when one of our brothers is slain in this cowardly manner.

F.

Offline Moloch

• Copper Member
Re: gawd damit, ya all shoot pilots in chutes now?
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2003, 11:04:47 AM »

but im a man..err pilot of integrity

so yer not a man?  that WOULD explain the whinning..

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2003, 11:07:10 AM »
I shoot chutes, even in the hallowed CT. Unless they gave a good fight, in which case I don't.

In CAP I do it, because I know I'll be ruining someone's streak. :D
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline HFMudd

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2003, 11:17:02 AM »
What the heck are you doing bailing anyway!?!?!?!  By bailing you are depriving the victor of the immersive enjoyment of seeing your plane tumble to the ground!

That other guy is paying $14.95 a month and you are playing for free!  It's like stealing!  AND YOU TALK ABOUT ETHICS?????

(I'd attach a smiley at this point, but I don't know which one to use...)

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2003, 11:18:55 AM »
I don't shoot chutes.... doesn't seem right.... and I never have.   A couple of days ago in the MA I shot somebody down with an Osty.  When he landed his chute, he walked over to me and asked me to shoot him.  I refused.  He continued standing in front of me and I continued to refuse..... checking my views at the same time in case he was acting as a distraction..... which he did hint he could be - just before someone in another GV nearby shot him instead!  Problem was, he thanked me for shooting him - while I protested my innocence!   :rolleyes:
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2003, 11:22:51 AM »
Originally posted by Flossy
 Problem was, he thanked me for shooting him - while I protested my innocence!   :rolleyes:

you lost your innocence quite a while back.

:D

it's all attributable to the influx of AW degenerates, anyway.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2003, 11:43:15 AM »
Once i was going to a town in a M16 to defend , as i got there i was strafed and my gun was knocked out. about the same time a enemy pilot chuted close to the town and me .
I wondered if i could run him down so i tried , he ducked behind a rock then got behind me . there i was driving in circles trying to hit him and he was running behind my M16.
People watching it said it was the funniest thing they ever saw, a M16 going in circles with some guy chasing it.

i never even try to shoot chutes, i have a hard enough time trying to hit great big airplanes.

44MAG

Offline Don

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2003, 11:50:29 AM »
>>xept for
the fact that chute shooting seems to be the defacto standard
in here<<

Nappy: I think it is a by product of the "virtual hate" some feel in the game; it is an aspect of immersion :)
Also, picture a guy who attempts to vulch your field; he gets away with a kill and then gets chased. He sees he has no chance of running away, and won't turn and fight...so he bails out right in front of you; he denies you the kill and will land with a higher portion of perk points for his cowardly deed :)
More often than not, that is a scenario that is played over and over again in the MA. Other simply like to shoot chutes so, don't bail :) you get back to HQ a lot sooner and can re-up in less time.

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2003, 11:54:48 AM »
People shoot pilots in chutes ?!?

Shameful. What's next? Thread titles with profanity? People that don't know the proper spelling of y'all?

Squads with disgusting names?

Unbelievable, I tell you.
myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling