Author Topic: gawd damit, ya all shoot pilots in chutes now?  (Read 2431 times)

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
gawd damit, ya all shoot pilots in chutes now?
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2003, 01:44:46 PM »
Parachutes are the reason God invented cowl guns.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2003, 02:07:47 PM »
I don't mind getting whacked in my chute.

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2003, 02:08:18 PM »
I wish HT would issue .45s to pilots so we could at least pop off at the planes trying to ventilate us as we float slowly to th ground.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2003, 02:08:26 PM »
shooting the cowardly bailers is not only good target practice but is one of the most important parts of our complex strat and scoring system.  

lazs

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2003, 02:20:29 PM »
Originally posted by Mickey1992
I think that chute shooting should be somehow changed because this directly affects the other player's score in many cases.  Do you want to lose out on $50 because some banana killed you while you bailed out?

Holy crap, I hadn't thought of it that way before, Mickey.  Now I've got to make an extra effort to shoot down absolutely every chute I see just in case it's one of the little scorepotato contest weenies.  I can't go around making things easy on them.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2003, 02:25:17 PM »
see levi... it is a part of our complex score and strat.
lazs

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2003, 02:35:06 PM »
Now that HTC is giving cash prizes to the players with the highest scores, I think that chute shooting should be somehow changed because this directly affects the other player's score in many cases.  Do you want to lose out on $50 because some banana killed you while you bailed out?

I keep losing out on $50 because some bananas keep killing me while I'm in my plane.

I'm figuring some bananas owe me some money.
myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2003, 02:35:50 PM »
Now that HTC is giving cash prizes to the players with the highest scores, I think that chute shooting should be somehow changed because this directly affects the other player's score in many cases.  Do you want to lose out on $50 because some banana killed you while you bailed out?

This is the best reason I've heard yet why we should shoot at chutes.

- oldman

Offline Samiam

• Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2003, 02:36:06 PM »

If we're going that far, Mickey, I prefer the banana not kill me in the first place. I would have easily won $50 by now if all you bananas (and you know exactly who you are) would stop ruining my score by shooting me down!

I personally like that little extra drama - can I pop the chute at the last moment, touch down, have stick centered, up clipboard, and go to tower before that moral infedel manages to strafe me?

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2003, 03:13:18 PM »
Show me a perfectly good airplane and I won't jump out of it.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2003, 03:15:12 PM »
What's wrong with shooting chutes? If you don't want to have your chute popped, don't die. And if you can't manage that, don't bail.
Army of Muppets

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2003, 03:19:10 PM »
Originally posted by Flossy
I don't shoot chutes.... doesn't seem right.... and I never have.   A couple of days ago in the MA I shot somebody down with an Osty.  When he landed his chute, he walked over to me and asked me to shoot him.  I refused.  He continued standing in front of me and I continued to refuse..... checking my views at the same time in case he was acting as a distraction..... which he did hint he could be - just before someone in another GV nearby shot him instead!  Problem was, he thanked me for shooting him - while I protested my innocence!   :rolleyes:

Girls:rolleyes:

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2003, 03:21:37 PM »
Originally posted by wetrat
What's wrong with shooting chutes? If you don't want to have your chute popped, don't die. And if you can't manage that, don't bail.

This type of crap has got to stop right now.

STOP TELLING PEOPLE NOT TO BAIL OUT!!

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2003, 03:21:39 PM »
Originally posted by Flossy
I don't shoot chutes.... doesn't seem right.... and I never have.   A couple of days ago in the MA I shot somebody down with an Osty.  When he landed his chute, he walked over to me and asked me to shoot him.  I refused.  He continued standing in front of me and I continued to refuse..... checking my views at the same time in case he was acting as a distraction..... which he did hint he could be - just before someone in another GV nearby shot him instead!  Problem was, he thanked me for shooting him - while I protested my innocence!   :rolleyes:

I'd have killed him on the grounds of extreme annoyance.
Army of Muppets

Offline nappy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.cs.uit.no/~kennethj
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2003, 03:25:27 PM »
Originally posted by myelo
People shoot pilots in chutes ?!?

Shameful. What's next? Thread titles with profanity? People that don't know the proper spelling of y'all?

Squads with disgusting names?

Unbelievable, I tell you.

hey give me a break, im norwegian. Not everybody can spell
perfect english(american?) :cool:

nappy