Author Topic: Western Europe, 1943-45: ZZZZZZZZZ  (Read 264 times)

IL DUCE

Western Europe, 1943-45: ZZZZZZZZZ
« on: August 05, 1999, 08:06:00 PM »
Am I the only one who's completly saturated with p-51's, Spit IX's and 109g's? It's always the same. I'd like to have the chance to fly OTHER aircraft in an INTERESTING context. I can't fly a Hurricane I or a I-16 if everyone else is flying Spit 14's or Me109k4's. Why not historical/regional arenas???? Is this so hard? Example: Pacific/China: 1941. Brewster Buffalos,P-40B's(yeah baby), Hurricanes, Oscars, Hawk 75's. France 1940: Me-110, 109E, Hurri, MS406. The possibilities are many, and a well deserved break from the same old sameold!!! I don't even want to see a P-51D anymore! Now, a nice LaGG-3 or Finn Fokker DXXI, that would be DIFFERENT. I suspect however, that the LCD (lowest common denominator) will prevail once again... Am I the only one sick of WETO/1944 sims? (I mean there WILL be a ETWO, anyway right?) This type of distinction will, I feel, distinguish this sim from others. The views, the flight models, the colors ect ect,  eventually become tedious humdrum, if you're tied to one type of aircraft (or two or maybe, 3) because to fly something else is suicide! Please, some ideas.

Offline Carrot

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.carrot.warbirds.org
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 1999, 09:07:00 PM »
No, your not the only one.

I much prefer the early plane sets, and I am very saddened by the lack of Japanese planes in the beta. (Or any pacific area rides.)I want my zeke!!  

But have heart.  Im guessing that new planes will be added very quickly.  After all, this game is by the guys who did a lot of the planes in WB.  

------------------
Carrot
RNZAF
"Outta my way!! Lawndart in Progress."

Bad Omen

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 1999, 11:08:00 PM »
I agree about the late-war planes. I find myself enjoying the early war stuff. Once the SpitIX comes on the scene, that's all you see.

If we have a version of the RPS, I just hope its done more proportional to real time, not adjusted towards late war like Warbirds is now.

kkoori

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 1999, 12:14:00 AM »
Agreed in total - im sick of the late war super planes and the "1946" type aeroplanes.

As I've said before and I'll say it again, having 15 flavours of Bf109 and F4U Corsair while there isn't a decent early war plane set is ridiculous.

------------------
P/O kkoori
75 Squadron RAAF Australia
http://www.geocities.com/pentagon/bunker/6545

Hat Trick

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 1999, 01:58:00 AM »
Well, the LCD will prevail in the beggining.

P51D's and FW190's pay the bills.  HiTech Creations Inc. has been hard at work without a source of income for a while now.  

Once they get the Game up and running.  Im sure these options will be but a short time away. Have Faith gentelmen.

http://sites.netscape.net/thomas26wh/homepage

------------------
Hat Trick
-htrk-
War Birds Beta Tester
Confirmed Kill Beta Tester
Air Warrior one month and hated it!
Aces Hi Wannabe Tester
HiTech Devotee

IL DUCE

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 1999, 02:06:00 AM »
Your word is good enough for me, Mr. Trick! (can I call you Hat?) Like I said, or tried to say, we'll have an WETO 1944 anyway, the other arenas would be, it seems to me, for the trully afflicted. I feel better now (how does one make those little yellow and red faces, anuway?) I hope the dolares come in fast enough to get them going! (i can smell my I-16 already) Where is my wallet.....

funked

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 1999, 02:06:00 PM »
I couldn't agree more Il Duce.

From the Allied side that campaign consists of brave efforts to uhhhh bomb women and children.

From the Luftwaffe side it consists of uhhhhh thrilling battles against 5:1 odds or so.

Double yawn!

Audie

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 1999, 08:12:00 PM »
But at least it won't be 5:1 odds in AH ;_)

------------------
Audie VF-17 The Jolly Rogers 8X in WB
The dweeb formerly known as -audi-