Author Topic: A Community Vote On The La-7  (Read 5520 times)

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
A Community Vote On The La-7
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2003, 01:27:44 PM »
No need to perk the LA7.  The fuel multiplier does enough to keep it in check.

I think the FM2 should be perked before the LA7.  The FM2 is so slow it can't actually kill stuff on its own, so the only people who fly it are no-skill leechers and kill-stealers who weasel in and take the kill once somebody else does all the work.    :D

J_A_B

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2003, 01:54:22 PM »
No perk. LA7 sucks and La7 pilots suck. :D

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2003, 02:00:55 PM »
Originally posted by Pongo
The weekly " I got shot down by an La7 when I thought I kept enough E to run like a girl" thread
Dont perk it. Its no were near good enought.

Kinda like the "I got shot down by a Chog when I thought I could avoid the snap shot" threads waaay back when?  Ahh, memories!

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2003, 02:11:03 PM »
I say let HTC do whatever they want, and worry bout bigger, more important things, like ...oh, I dunno...are my sock matching, today (assuming you're wearing socks):D

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2003, 02:11:33 PM »
Originally posted by Tequilla
thanks again for reminding me:D might I suggest you actually read the post?

You are most welcome and I did.

It says, someone shot you down or you saw too many of them or it bothered you in some way that it was being flown against you.  To say that this thread is anything other is nonsense.

Offline Terror

• Nickel Member
      • http://walden.mo.net/~aedwards
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2003, 02:17:25 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
following this logic, the PzIV should be perked as well.

Not yet.  There is no alternative to the Panzer....  If there were 60+ other tanks to choose from and it still had 10-15% of usage, then yes.

Terror

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2003, 02:33:16 PM »
I'd wait to see the %'s before starting to scream about perking this or perking that.

To make an 'intelligent' reply, as opposed to a 'witty' insult-  I don't believe the La-7 will be perked.  The only reasons that people have come up with that may be a justification for perking a plane are :  superior performance, rarity (IRL), or overusage.  Which of these criteria HTC uses to perk planes is unknown.  We don't even know if it is one of these criteria.  

While it is perfectly clear that the La-7 does possess superior performance vis a vis any other nonperked plane, there remains the issue of "Well, there will always be a 'best' plane"- perhaps the La-7 is the 'limit'.  If a plane comes out in the future that is better than the La-7 it will be perked, if not it will become a free plane.  I suspect that when the Ki-84 is added it will be a free plane.  HTC needs a plane (or planes) that are better than the rest, or people simply won't play.  That is really what it comes down too.  Most people who fly the fast planes aren't very good at traditional 'dogfighting'- which is why they fly the fast planes.  Most people that fly the La-7 are even worse pilots, they need the La-7 so they can fight on even terms with the pilots of the Dora's and P-51s.  So, in my opinion the La-7 is a crutch, but it is a nescesary one.  If the La-7 wasn't in the game, and there wasn't another plane that was clearly superior to the rest, a lot of the people that fly it would simply quit playing- which is bad for HTC.

Overusage isn't an issue, the La-7, P-51, and Spit IX have been holding steady at about 10% usage apiece, the F4U-1C was at ~20% when it was perked.  

Rarity in real life isn't an issue as far as I know, the La-7 was a fairly common late-44/early-45 fighter.  

What does confuse me is why the Ta-152, F4U-4, and Spit XIV are perked.  None of this planes are better than the La-7 in my opinion.  None of the action in the MA happens at altitudes above 12k (on the outside, I'd guess 99% is 5k and below), so none of those perk planes will get into their 'comfort zone' where they are superior to the La-7.

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2003, 02:39:06 PM »
LA7's don't need to be perked. If you pay attention, and don't fly an emil or some other trash, they'll make a few stabs at you and run away. And if you're in something that accelerates well, you might even catch them with their pants down :)
Army of Muppets

Offline afool

• Zinc Member
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2003, 02:55:54 PM »
Originally posted by J_A_B
I think the FM2 should be perked before the LA7.  The FM2 is so slow it can't actually kill stuff on its own, so the only people who fly it are no-skill leechers and kill-stealers who weasel in and take the kill once somebody else does all the work.    :D

J_A_B

:p I fly the FM2 mildcat a lot. I get more assist by getting hits on a faster plane only to have it run away for someone in a mustang to kill.

afool

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2003, 03:03:37 PM »
La7's are fine with me...the whole perk thingie is really not needed me thinks....still, HTC runs the show.

As to 51's not fighting.....I know a few that will not only fight you but kill ya as well....Shane, Fester, WldThing, Urchin, Manx and some 13thTAS members as well....and I'm not talkin boom and zoom ya...I'm talkin takin the fight to ya and makin ya work for it.

I've seen guys being timid in spits, yaks, etc, etc. It's not the planes that are the issue, but rather the pilots who fly them.

Long live the La7!

Offline Birddogg

• Copper Member
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2003, 03:03:52 PM »
NO PERK!

But i got an idea  to solve this problem..:)

Right now you have to destroy all hangars in order to prevent planes from taking off.Its either 0 or 100% plane types avialable. Disabling 50% of hangars doesnt effect fucntionality of an airfield at all. All types of planes can still take off as nothing happened providing theres no vulchers.

What  if destroying certain Fighter/Bomber hangar would disable centrain types of fighters/bombers.
What is mean is if you knock out 2 out of 4 Fighter Hangars then only half of all fighters types would be available at that field.

1 hangar destoyed  - disables late war rides like La7, P-51, etc

2 hangars destroyed - disables 1944 109G10,Spit9, etc

etc etc

With smaller fields 1 FH disabled would have proportionaly larger effect on number of planes out of commision.
Something similar to what we already have in action with fuel loadouts, if 50% of fuel tanks destoryed = 50% fuel available.

I dont know what kind of implication this would have on base defence/capture and current situation in MA, but it could help end all these endless  perk this perk that discussions. :)

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2003, 03:13:13 PM »
Its in my nature to know a whine when I read it. Its apperently in your nature to deny your whining.

Offline Tequilla

• Zinc Member
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2003, 03:20:00 PM »
sorry pongo learn to read lol
« Last Edit: March 03, 2003, 03:22:12 PM by Tequilla »

Offline udet

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.angelfire.com/nd/mihaipruna/dogfight.html
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2003, 03:24:24 PM »
PERK! PERK! PERK! PERK! PERK! PERK! PERK! PERK!

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2003, 03:50:02 PM »
Its annoying mostly, but they can be dealt with, most of the annoying part comes when some skilless dweeb follows your shot-up ride home with his la7 to vulch you then die to ack 1 sec later.

Maybe perk the 3x20mm loadout and leave the 2x20 free as that cut the spray time by a couple of seconds.
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!