Author Topic: A Community Vote On The La-7  (Read 5542 times)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
A Community Vote On The La-7
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2003, 04:14:53 PM »
I dont know what kind of implication this would have on base defence/capture and current situation in MA, but it could help end all these endless perk this perk that discussions.

Nothing ... I repeat ... NOTHING will ever end the endless "perk this perk that" discussion.

DON'T PERK IT !!!
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline brendo

• Copper Member
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2003, 04:26:47 PM »
I used to have MAJOR problems with the La7, until I learnt that if you fight one above 5000 feet, his major advantage speed is reduced dramatically.

The one thing I dont understand is why the Spix 14 is so expensive at 60 Perks. Many thousands fought in Europe with the 109G10 Dora and 109K. As soon as the enemy sees the big SPIT14 icon, everyone wants a piece of you.

Offline Noctilux

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.718tfw.com
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2003, 04:35:46 PM »
I believe two things:

1.  No self-respecting AH pilot flies the La-7 regularly and considers himself "good."

2.  Only a small fraction of the pilots who fly the La-7 often ever actually heard of the La-7 before they played Aces High.  

So with those two things in mind: perk it - about 5-10 perks.  This way, only those actually serious about the plane will really fly it.

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2003, 04:46:08 PM »
This is a stupid thread.  No matter what happens in this thread, the rantings in the MA will continue.  If people don't rant about the La-7 in the MA they will rant about something else.

Hooligan

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2003, 04:50:13 PM »
Originally posted by Noctilux
I believe two things:

1.  No self-respecting AH pilot flies the La-7 regularly and considers himself "good."

2.  Only a small fraction of the pilots who fly the La-7 often ever actually heard of the La-7 before they played Aces High.  

So with those two things in mind: perk it - about 5-10 perks.  This way, only those actually serious about the plane will really fly it.

Wrong and wrong !
Tilt is a feked good LA7 pilot very sport and he got all my respect even if he can't stop shooting me down cause each time I meet a LA7 I think "hmmm food" :D and he is a dam good pilot.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2003, 04:54:19 PM »
So you start a thread that asks if people want to perk a plane. You are tired of the whining you say. then the first post in the thread is you calling to perk it in caps.
Your whining bud. Although maybe you dont have any trouble with La7s.. But its just a whine. I can read fine. Including between the lines.
Perk the pony instead. Even if everyone had heard of it before they started Aces High. Great handling and speed. Great vis. Great range. great fire power and Jabo. Only issue at all is acceleration.
Perk it.
Hell its more popular then the La7 probably by a long shot in real sortis flown.
Oh ya. Thats your favorite plane and your cool so we cant perk that can we..
whiner.
lol

Offline Noctilux

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.718tfw.com
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2003, 04:58:05 PM »
Tilt can only manage a 3:1 k/d in the La-7?  That's not great.  That's mediocre.  I do better than this in my slower, less-maneuverable F4U-1D.  Try again.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2003, 05:21:16 PM »
I believe two things:

1) How do I sleep at night ... I guess I need to see a shrink ...  :rolleyes: ... please

2) Prior to starting in AH about a year ago, I had only known about a handfull of the planes that are offered and I am probably not in the minority in this category. So what's your point ?!?!
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SACWB3

• Zinc Member
LA-7
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2003, 05:32:11 PM »
Dont perk it

Park it

Whaaahahahahahahahaohohohohoh hlolololoolweeeeeeeeeeee...
Cough cough

Oh man...Whew that was a good one.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2003, 05:47:18 PM »
Originally posted by Birddogg
NO PERK!

But i got an idea  to solve this problem..:)

1 hangar destoyed  - disables late war rides like La7, P-51, etc

2 hangars destroyed - disables 1944 109G10,Spit9, etc

etc etc

That is an awesome idea

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2003, 05:56:06 PM »
DONT CARE

Offline Tequilla

• Zinc Member
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2003, 06:00:44 PM »
Pongo I can certainly tell you the P-51 is not my preferred ride but then again from your rantings I can see the La-7 is yours.
have a nice day:D

Offline akak

• Silver Member
      • http://www.479thraiders.com
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2003, 06:08:48 PM »
Originally posted by Terror
Perk the "Big Four".  3 perks each!

P51D
La7
Spit9
N1K2

They have about 33% of the total Air kills....

Terror

None of these planes unfavorably tip the scales on gameplay.  With smart, well thought out tactics, these planes are amongst the easiest to shoot down, you just have to know basic BFM/ACM.  

Ack-Ack

Offline akak

• Silver Member
      • http://www.479thraiders.com
« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2003, 06:12:24 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
exactly, you'd be putting "noobs" at even more of a disadvantage.

Not to mention pretty much eliminating why the perks are assigned to a plane.  The only reason why planes are perked in AH is because of gameplay balance.  Those planes that are perked would effect the balance of gameplay if they weren't perked.  Neither of the planes that Terror or Kweassa do that and shouldn't be perked.

ack-ack

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2003, 06:13:23 PM »
I believe :

i do and i do.

:D
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798