Author Topic: Request for Film Viewer in AH2  (Read 153 times)

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Request for Film Viewer in AH2
« on: March 03, 2003, 08:28:03 AM »

I request some more dynamic camera works in the film viewer for AH2! :)

The one camera work I would really prefer to see would be the option for the 'fly-by view'. Anyone who is keen on making films from AHF files can feel that this option is a must! :) Sorry for comparing to IL-2 again, but the "F3" fly-by view in IL-2 is absolutely one of the best camera works I have seen...!

Another interesting feature would be the ability to 'script' camera views.. for instance, in IL-2, the 'fly-by' option can be shortened or lengthened by simply editing the general txt file script that determines how long the camera work is in action. You can make something like a real short and fast, dynamic 'fly-by' camera work, or a long, panoramic 'fly-by' camera work by simply editing the script file.

The film viewer probably would be low in the list of priorities, but after AH2 is running stable.. it would be greatly appreciated if HTC gives some consideration about the film viewer and more interesting camera angles/works. :)

Offline AKWeav

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2003, 05:58:13 AM »
A closer zoom function in fixed view would be nice too:D

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2003, 12:13:29 PM »
The ability to take control of a plane while the film is running would be awesome. Air Warrior had this feature although not many knew of it. You could start the film, and then take control to try to correct a mistake or learn a new maneuver. There was also a command to put up a drone that flew the exact path the plane you took control of did.

These types of film viewer controls can lessen the sharp learning curve AH currently has.

Elfie
Armageddon Pile-it

HiTech give us Napalm
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.