Author Topic: !!!!!!!!NEW Solomons Map, Friday In the CT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3285 times)

Offline Geeesy

• Zinc Member
Well I'd also prefer to finish off F4F's with hammerheads rather than long E dragging turnfights. Of course you need alt advantage for that but that shouldn't be that much of a problem since the A6M2 should be climbing better than the F4F doesn't it? As already said: keep your enemies below you and you won't have to worry no matter what crate you're flying. ;)

Still think this sounds like a pretty nice setup and am looking forward to fly for the poor japanese. :D

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Originally posted by Löwe
A6M2 is a freakin bore against the P-40, against the F4F it's a death trap. Just my 2 cents. Add A6M5 or your not going to have any Japanese players.  

Heh heh, Lowe, you usually don't have many Japanese players no matter what the match is.  A6M5s will dominate the allies in this setup.  I kind of enjoy the A6M2 against these planes (well, don't know about the Corsair, hope there aren't too many of them around).

Your better point, though, is that numbers are going to make all the difference.  A bunch of zekes will overwhelm a fewer number of wildcats, and vice versa.  Given what we've seen in the CT over the past week or two, I have a suspicion that it will be a Real Challenge to fly for the Emperor.

- oldman (sending lock of hair to his loved ones, writing last Haiku)

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
Aw well Oldman, guess I'll just have to guzzle some saki, and do the Emporers bidding in one of his paper airplanes.;)  The A6M2 does have people that love it, but I'll be damned if I can figure out why. The a6m5 on the other hand, I love that plane.

Offline ygsmilo

• Silver Member
Great looking setup, I will write my death Hiku.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
WTG, key! If any squad can do it, your guys can. :)

Originally posted by keyapaha
cool looks like a good set up I dont mind flying a6m2's against f4f's but p40e why not use the p40b any way we will just have to make do with what we got.

BTW Reschke looking forward to meeting VF 17 again in the skies.:)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
you forgot the 109 f :)

cool looking skin
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline najdorf

• Copper Member
I don't mind going up against either the f4f or P40e coalt one v. one.  It's having to deal with both of these planes in the same furball that sux.

Will fly for the emperor, may he live forever, anyway.

Offline keyapaha

• Nickel Member
Najdorf,

I see your numbers are coming along nicely I knew it would take long for ya to get the hang of AH.we got our work cut out for us this week in the CT.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
One thing I spaced when Writing this late last night is that the P40E is not going to be widley available either.

Offline keyapaha

• Nickel Member
rgr that

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Originally posted by Löwe
LOL Shane "Touche"!

As for the A6M2 vs the F4F. The F4F will best the A6m2 in speed, and turns so well your head will spin. The effective cannon rounds on the A6M2 are very low, plus you have to get close to make them count. While your cutting the distance another F4F will saddle up, and blow you away with its 50 cals, that can reach out and wreck our day. Give the A6M2 a dirty look and it catches fire. Add to the fact the F4F has a very liberal damage model, and it's a long week of flying A6M2's. A6m2s vs P-40Bs, and Hurri I's is bad enough. The a6m2 vs P-40Es, and F4Fs is B.S. in my opinon, then again it's my opinon. Not yours:)

Ah, If I want to kill Wildcats, I take the A6M2. It will dominate the F4F-4 in low-speed turnfights. Moreover, the F4F-4 is SLOWER than the A6M2 at all altitudes above 5k. Not only that, but the F4F-4 is a very slow climber.

As to the damage model, Grumman built the Wildcat like a brick toejamhouse. It weighs nearly twice that of the Zero, and is a smaller fighter. It could suck up hits that would kill 5 Zeros. Japanese pilots were in awe of the Wildcat's ability to shrug off gunfire.

I have no doubts that the A6M2 will hold its own with the Wildcat. On the other hand, the P-40E, if flown to its strengths, is almost untouchable by the Zero.

I think that there will be plenty of people willing to fly Japanese.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
The F4F4 seems to be far to manuverable compared to what I read about it.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Wildcats turn, turn, turn
Mean Tigersharks Boom and Zoom
Zeros Brightly Burn

eskimosan

Offline XNachoX

• Silver Member
Originally posted by eskimo2
Wildcats turn, turn, turn
Mean Tigersharks Boom and Zoom
Zeros Brightly Burn

You should be a poet. :p

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
here we go again...same toejam different week...flight model disputes again that is.......:rolleyes: