Author Topic: !!!!!!!!NEW Solomons Map, Friday In the CT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3307 times)

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
This Friday Were are Very Happy ! to bring to you the New and Improved Slot Map 10Bears headed up an elite map making team of deadicated CM Terain experts in the colabrative effort to compleatly rework the old Slot map. Ramzey and Dux both Worked long and hard to make a ton of New Skins all represent ing planes that Were In theater at the time the epic strugle for Guadalcanal was taking place.

New Features include:

Shore Batrires!

Manable AA guns

Custom Airfields that LOOK like Jungle airstrips

New TF configurations and A Zuikaku CV skin the way she realy looked.

More Bases

More and much Better GV spawns.

New Clipboard map by Dux

NC 17 rating

Custon skins for:

A6M2, Kate, Val, Tabby, Ki 67, JU 88, F4F-4 ,TBM, SBD, Boston III, P40E, F4U-1a (the later 3: Austrailian, and New Zeland Collors respectivaly), Buildings and SB reskined, All GV's Junglified, pluss more...

Now this was not just done for the CT, all this hard loving was done for a wounderfull new Event being put on by the CM's Operation Watchtower, Please see the link bellow:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mikebowman/Guad/Guad-web.htm

The set up in the CT will feature the following plane set:

Allied:

F4F-4
 SBD
 TBM
 Boston III
 P40E
 F4U-1a
 The M's and Both LVT's
 Tabby

Japanese:
 A6M2
 Kate
 Val
 Ki 67
 Ki 61
 JU 88
 Tabby
 The M's and Both LVT's

Now the F4U-1a will be based at only 1 or two rear fields do to it's uberness, to counter this the Japanese will get the Tony at fields boarding these if they take them, like wise the Tony will be available at the rear Japanese bases(one or two). The reasion for this is that I want to inlude these planes but not have them domnate the set up, their fore we can all spend most of our time reliving the battles from Aug to Dec 42 ( and a little later) with the Wildcat and the Zero over the slot as the primary fighters.
  The JU 88 is included only at three bases A15 A11 and A9 the reasion for this is that it is being used in the Event and the CM's wanted to do some testing of it, it's vulnerabality offset's it's A hsitorical bombload so that coupled with it being limited should not cause a balance issue.
   LVT's will be enabled on the DD and CA fleats Not the CV fleats.

Areana setings will be:

CT Norms except: (ack .7 is normal CT seting)

Fuel Burn 1.8

Down time's:

Hangers 15min
   Ack 30min
   Field objects 30min
   Fleat respawn 10min

New Zero Skin By Ramzey:
« Last Edit: March 05, 2003, 03:12:31 AM by brady »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
A6M2 is a freakin bore against the P-40, against the F4F it's a death trap. Just my 2 cents. Add A6M5 or your not going to have any Japanese players. Guys scream and scream about ballance . The F4F is the most uber plane in AH. The PTO's just plain suck for the Japs if you leave them with the A6M2. And everybody and their mother will be flying the F4F. Yes I know the A6m5 is too much plane for the time period, but there is no A6M3. I know you added the Ki-61, and F4U at rear bases, thats not going to help anything it's going to be F4F city, and nothing to counter it with.

Yeah yeah I know whaa whaa whaa!:D
I wish the hell they leave the PTO out until the F4F was ubered down, and some more damn jap fighters come out. The The A6M2 was being replaced as early as the battle of midway. Nice work on the skin it will look very nice as it's falling out of the sky as a fireball.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Geez,  I really appreciate all the hard work you guys put in on the maps and stuff!   I don't doubt it was a lot of hard work.

Its too bad there's not a better plane balance.    The A6M2 is likely to have its hands full with just the F4F-4.    The F4F/P-40E combo is a one-two punch against the A6M2.   Plus, the Japanese are going to be outnumbered, probably badly.

The A6M5 may be a bit much, but I hope you consider adding it to address some of the play balance problems this setup is going to have.   It might be needed to bolster the IJN and help the outcome be more realistic...

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
how dare you question the emperor!!  

you know what to do!

as long as them nasty clouds are gone....
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
Yes Shane I know what to do, and once I make the cut. I know I can count on you to behead me!:D

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
Originally posted by Löwe
Yes Shane I know what to do, and once I make the cut. I know I can count on you to behead me!:D

that's only available to the men.

;)
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline Geeesy

• Zinc Member
Don't you think the Ki-61 evens the plane balance out a bit? It's a pretty nice fighter against all the allieds got in this setup, so who would wanna fly A6M anyways? ;)
Besides the A6M2 is still a rather nice ride against the F4F and P40 but that's just imho.

P.S.: Löwe can you explain me stupid how the F4F can be a death trap for the A6M2? Just in 1 on 1 I mean...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2003, 08:23:46 AM by Geeesy »

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
Originally posted by Shane
that's only available to the men.

;)

LOL Shane "Touche"!

Geesy how does the Ki-61 at rear bases even it out? You got F4Us to counter the KI-61. As for the A6M2 vs the F4F. The F4F will best the A6m2 in speed, and turns so well your head will spin. The effective cannon rounds on the A6M2 are very low, plus you have to get close to make them count. While your cutting the distance another F4F will saddle up, and blow you away with its 50 cals, that can reach out and wreck our day. Give the A6M2 a dirty look and it catches fire. Add to the fact the F4F has a very liberal damage model, and it's a long week of flying A6M2's. A6m2s vs P-40Bs, and Hurri I's is bad enough. The a6m2 vs P-40Es, and F4Fs is B.S. in my opinon, then again it's my opinon. Not yours:)

Offline keyapaha

• Nickel Member
cool looks like a good set up I dont mind flying a6m2's against f4f's but p40e why not use the p40b any way we will just have to make do with what we got.

BTW Reschke looking forward to meeting VF 17 again in the skies.:)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
I think Lowe means the A6M2 is a deathtrap because the F4F-4 is modelled so optimisticly.   It seems to turn almost as well as the A6M2, and its durability is so high it can take nearly all the ammo a Zeke carries to bring down a single F4F.

The patient Zeke driver who presses home the attack and stays in the saddle long enough to get the kill, finds himself whacked by 3-4 of the Wildcat's buddies.

P-40Es and F4Fs fight the Zeke with different styles - the P-40E stays fast and BnZs while the F4F can turnfight the Zero.   Fill the airspace with these two very different threats and any Zeke will have his hands full.

You're right, the Ki.61 is more than a match for either, however it sounds like it will be placed out of reach unless the Allies really roll up the territory (which is very possible).

The A6M3 would be a marginal improvement over the A6M2.  Speed and climb performance were nearly the same, but the A6M3 had faster firing cannon, with more ammo carried.    Range was reduced compared to the M2 but that's not an issue in AH.   Early A6M3's had clipped wingtips, and the shorter wingspan resulted in a faster roll rate, though I don't have specs.

Moot point though - no new planes in AH for months to come, and even then it seems unlikely they would be Japanese models.

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
Originally posted by oboe
You're right, the Ki.61 is more than a match for either, however it sounds like it will be placed out of reach unless the Allies really roll up the territory (which is very possible).

i find the p40e can take on a ki61 on fairly even terms.

Offline keyapaha

• Nickel Member
by oboe
The patient Zeke driver who presses home the attack and stays in the saddle long enough to get the kill, finds himself whacked by 3-4 of the Wildcat's buddies.

And there is the problem u cannot be patient when flying a zero u get in get hits and get out might not always get the kill but u live to fight again.

If cannot close to with in 200 in the first few seconds of saddeling up on one six then I am off I takes too long to close and like you said there will be another f4f trying to saddle your six.

But like in any air combat  keep your enemy below you and with a zero atleast you do have a climb advantage you should win just about every time

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
You guys keep this up.  Your making AH better than the guys the designed the damned thing  WTG~!

"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
I don't doubt you can do well in a P-40E against a Ki.61, Shane!

You're probably right- its a closer match than I said.   Still, the Ki.61 has a speed, climb rate, and firepower advantage with those twin nose-mounted 20mms (until you run out of ammo, that is).

Come to think of it, you have to be pretty careful in a Ki.61 vs an F4F, too.    I'd still rather be in the Ki.61 though.