Author Topic: Icon Settings?  (Read 131 times)

Cuff

Icon Settings?
« on: August 11, 1999, 11:56:00 AM »
Has there been anything said of icons and their settings in AH?

It would be fun to see a new approach to the icons other than the WB approach.

A couple of ideas I set forth on AGW:

1.  Slower aircraft see icons further away - faster see them closer. (Really just a way to give slower types a chance against B&Zers)

2.  Inverse icons - icons would disappear in close.  (Would like to see this)

3.  A great idea from someone else - delays in the icon display - you would have to look (scan) for several seconds to see the icon display - further away would take longer to acquire.  (IMO this one should be implemented for sure).

Since WB changing icons settings is really not likely to happen, how about a new, novel, thoughtful approach to them in AH?  That way if you started out with certain settings, people couldn't whine about putting them back to the "old way" since there would be no such thing.

Please, please, please, Pyro, Hitech and the rest of the HTC gang, take a look at a novel and new way of doing icons - would be a great way to make the game different and better than WB!  

Offline jedi

• Zinc Member
Icon Settings?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 1999, 07:34:00 PM »
Punting this to the top...

In another topic, we found out we get 8-letter IDs if we want em.  Now, in a furball, that's a whole LOT of letters gumming up the works  

What kind of icon settings are we talking about here, and what sort of options for displaying them do we have?  If I have to see huge icons on everyone, can I chop em off at 4 letters, or are they just "on" or "off?"

Can I send a six call without having to type out a message to the guy?  Eight letters is asking a lot for six calls I reckon.

Lots of room for new ideas on updating the WB icon system for AH, I reckon  

------------------

Offline Gazoo

• Zinc Member
      • http://plaza.v-wave.com/SolarStorm/index.htm
Icon Settings?
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 1999, 09:11:00 PM »
One of the things I really like about the EAW "icon" is that you can only get information about 1 aircraft at a time.  This is much more realistic to me.  I know when I scan the circuit, I have to look, ID Cessna, look at next aircraft ID Taylorcraft and remember that the aircraft infront was the cessna.

I would like to see a next and prev aircraft key with only one icon on screen at a time.  And pick any plane with the mouse for icon information.

------------------
"Just Plane Nuts"
Gazoo
 http://plaza.v-wave.com/SolarStorm/index.htm