Author Topic: Funny he has no qualms making his living in America..  (Read 2299 times)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Funny he has no qualms making his living in America..
« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2003, 02:48:08 PM »
Originally posted by Saurdaukar
Lets look at them:

1.)  Actor Johnny Depp makes statements which are considered to be of an inflamitory nature towards the United States.
2.)  Actor Johnny Depp makes these statements during an interview with a German magazine.
3.)  Actor Johnny Depp lives in southern France.
4.)  Actor Johnny Depp is married to a French woman.
5.)  Actor Johnny Depp, upon the public outcry over his remarks, has his public relations people write and submit a public apology.
6.)  Actor Johnny Depp, in this apology written by his staff, states that he was misquoted and his words were taken out of context.  He states that he loves America.

Now which conclusion would you think is more likely based upon the above:

1.)  Actor Johnny Depp, considering the quotes in the interview, his chosen nation of residence, his chosen mate's citizenship, thinks very highly of the United States.  In fact, he loves it so much that he plans on returning to the US, wants his kids to live in the US, and is outraged at the seemingly backstabbing actions of the French government towards the United States over the conflict in Iraq.  His apology is deep, meaningful, and honest, even though he was completely misquoted when he refered to the US as an 'aggressive puppy' who can bite you with its 'teeth.'  His was also totally misquoted when he stated that he would not return to the US until the political climate changed.  He was also misquoted when he stated that he wanted his children to 'get a feel' for the US and then 'get out.'  The German reporter didnt like Pirates of the Caribbean and this was his way of getting back at Johnny - in fact, he disliked the movie so much, that he just put words into Johnny's mouth.

2.)  Actor Johnny Depp, considering the quotes in the interview, his chosen nation of residence, his chosen mate's citizenship, thinks very poorly of his birth nation and thats exactly what he meant to say during the interview.  His 'apology' is a knee jerk reaction to save his 'well liked' celebrity status and preserve his income level and popularity with fans.

Im trying to see things from your viewpoint here, MT, but I cant get my head that far up my ass.

Oh but Saur, its already is there.

Your "facts"... :rolleyes:

1.)  Actor Johnny Depp makes statements which are considered to be of an inflamitory nature towards the United States. assuming the German periodical didn't "insanely twist" his words. Hardly a "fact"
2.)  Actor Johnny Depp makes these statements during an interview with a German magazine. The sky is blue
3.)  Actor Johnny Depp lives in southern France. His wife is French. I hear the South of France is very beautiful... many people vacation there.
4.)  Actor Johnny Depp is married to a French woman. A very beautiful French woman. The bastard.
5.)  Actor Johnny Depp, upon the public outcry over his remarks, has his public relations people write and submit a public apology. Or maybe he saw the misquotes and poor interpretation of his words when it was reported by the US press, and chose to do something about it.
6.)  Actor Johnny Depp, in this apology written by his staff, states that he was misquoted and his words were taken out of context.  He states that he loves America.
"I am an American. I love my country and have great hopes for it," Depp said in a statement released by his Los Angeles-based publicist. "It is for this reason that I speak candidly and sometimes critically about it. I have benefited greatly from the freedom that exists in my country and for this I am eternally grateful." - RELEASED BY, NOT WRITTEN BY.

That darkness surrounding you can be cured Saur.... pull your head out and make room for your Gerbil.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2003, 03:02:50 PM »
Brittany says we should all trust our President.

Offline scJazz

• Copper Member
« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2003, 03:32:56 PM »
I think the part that amuses me most is that Depp is living in a country that had something on the order of 10000 deaths relating to heat exhaustion. 3X more ppl died in this 1 week in Aug than did in the WTC attack. They died despite Frances wonderful socialized medicine. They died despite the "cradle to grave" living arrangements. They died because they didn't have a freakin air conditioner or couldn't get a response from emergency dispatch.

Oh ya the French government is far superior to our own.

NOTE: The US government has done some incredibly brainless things as well I'm not defending them just pointing out the folly of the concept of the superior French government.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2003, 03:37:46 PM »
I'll take him at his most recent word and forget whatever he may or may not have said before.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #94 on: September 05, 2003, 06:08:46 PM »
MT - that was pretty weak - I expected more from the pride of the tribe.

In order to make a convincing argument, youre going to have to do a little more than question the validity of the events which transpired simply because I relayed them to you.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: September 05, 2003, 08:09:50 PM »
Originally posted by Saurdaukar
MT - that was pretty weak - I expected more from the pride of the tribe.

In order to make a convincing argument, youre going to have to do a little more than question the validity of the events which transpired simply because I relayed them to you.

Uh huh.

OK, then. I choose to accept the words "written by" Depp, as opposed to the words "quoted by" the German Language magazine.

There are no real facts here, just degrees of possibility. I think it is much more likely that Depp's self ascribed words are more "factual" than the quotes from a known sensationalistic magazine. YMMV

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: September 06, 2003, 05:11:27 AM »

3.) Actor Johnny Depp lives in southern France.
4.) Actor Johnny Depp is married to a French woman.

Muahahah  !
straight facts that cannot be negated :p