Author Topic: Hey i know a guy who knows a guy who married a girl from Finland?  (Read 285 times)

Offline stardog

• Zinc Member
Im just going to say this, I dont really support FH or oppose FH but I wouldnt want to do Alpha, Beta or any other kind of testing on your precious little sim, nor can I believe that you actually find people that will pay and hourly fee to fly a Flight Sim when there are so many great sims out there that dont cost a dime to fly online. But hey if you find people stupid enough to pay it then by God take their money and enjoy it!
You will sure as hell get none of mine neither does warbirds. If anyone wants to find a good alternative to spending half your paycheck just to fly with your friends try Kali or the Zone.

S!

Offline Sascha JG 77

• Zinc Member
Hey i know a guy who knows a guy who married a girl from Finland?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 1999, 09:44:00 AM »
Very constructive, thanks  

S.

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 1999, 12:37:00 PM »
"when there are so many great sims out there that dont cost a dime to fly online"

Name one bonehead  

------------------

Bartlomiej Rajewski
S/L fd-ski Sq. 303 (Polish) "Kosciuszko" RAF
   www.raf303.org  

Offline Windle

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 1999, 02:08:00 PM »
Souns like stardog ' ' is a little upset that his checkbook wont allow him the pleasure of flying AH in the near future

Can you say 'Sour Grapes'?

------------------
Windle
*Future* Aces High VF-17 'Jolly Rogers' 8X

cram

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 1999, 04:15:00 PM »
LOL...

Did you hafta come all the way to this board to post that?

Me  thinks his FH conscience is getting to him....  

------------------

-----------------------
Cram 501FF

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 1999, 04:26:00 PM »

Name one bonehead   (Image removed from quote.)

There's a sim called Bonehead? (g,d,r)

DH
(w/ my luck, I'd be good at it)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 1999, 05:16:00 PM »
No offense stardog but your post conveys a genuinely clueless state of mind regarding what *quality online simming* is about.  

I have spent the last week at the zone flying EAW since the patch and yes, its worth the free admission but thats about all.  I personally dont understand why people like you, slam people like me.  Do whateverthehell you want with your money and thats fine by me.  At least afford me the same courtesy.

As far as freehost, Im now more convinced than ever that participating in a freehost session is the equivalent of online software theft.  Just another movement in human devolution.

No offense
Yeager  
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Sascha JG 77

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 1999, 07:32:00 PM »
Why bother Yeager? Just a waste of breath..err..ink..well you know what I mean!  

Sascha

[This message has been edited by Sascha JG 77 (edited 08-19-1999).]

zuni

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 1999, 10:20:00 PM »
Wow...yuch!

Stardog. I never respond to this stuff, but you caught me in a weak moment. Don't worry, my response is civil enough. I suspect you like the attention anyway?

My initial reaction is that high quality entertainment is worth the price of admission - its different for everyone. Your level of entertainment is obviously at another level, so you are free to not spend your money if you get the most out of another form of entertainment.

You cannot deny that Warbirds is a well crafted piece of work. Some people appreciate that.

People spend their money where they get the most fulfillment and AH will fit the bill for sophisticated flight simmers, especially those who appreciate the comradarie of a close community of like-minds. Either you haven't had the opportunity to realize this, or you are simply miffed about something. Bummer.

Was your post a heat of the moment thing, or is this how you communicate? It doesn't appear to be a healthy way to handle things in the long term - e.g. stress-related, heart attack potential, alienation of people subjected to such statements which inevitably compounds the problems of someone in such a condition, etc...

Your post can easily be interpreted by the average person as saying something like this: "I don't respect other peoples' choices. I have a right to publicly call people stupid, even if they could be making wise choices. I can't afford to spend money for online play, so I have a right to berate those that do. I wish I could experience the comradarie of like-minds, but nobody seems to like mine, because of what I say. I am an angry and furstrated person. I need to vent, even if it attacks other peoples' sensibilities. I need help getting along with people."

Did I read to much into it?

Don't worry stardog, help is just around the corner. The AH community does have it in its collective heart to offer some humility and kind words when you are ready. But, just like most communities or individuals, we can only take so much abuse. Care to retract that statement about "stupid" decisions of other people? AH is going to be a great place to hang!

Zuni

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 1999, 10:32:00 PM »
Ummm, is this "Dr." Zuni?

Man you're good.

DH
(feeling relaxed already)

Ozymandias_KoK

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 1999, 11:10:00 AM »
FWIW, Stardog is prolly the kind of guy who makes a post like this and goes back to tell his friends how he "showed us".  Some people just like to go in and stir up the hornet's nest 'cos when the bees (to mix a metaphor) get their ire up it's funny to see.  Somewhere along the same lines as "Large Man" when this board first opened.

------------------
TKoKFKA-OZDS-

Offline Flathat

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 1999, 12:24:00 PM »
Okay, let's modify the topic...how much would you pay for a sim that will keep stardog and that lot out?

I know it would be worth something to *me*...  

Flathat

Hurc

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 1999, 01:52:00 PM »
Zuni, I think you will need to change your callsign to drzuni for AH,  

We have saved your seat in the Rough Raiders briefing room, but its getting a bit dusty.

Snort!
Hurc

------------------
Steve "Hurc" Crane

[This message has been edited by Hurc (edited 08-20-1999).]

[This message has been edited by Hurc (edited 08-20-1999).]

Janne Hakala

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 1999, 06:00:00 AM »
"Hey i know a guy who knows a guy who married a girl from Finland?"

No since when a word "Finland" has
become a swearword !?!

I don't know anything about itmo's FreeHost(tm),
but if it made all Finnish people suck, then IT sucks...

Don't believe one of those quotas, I've read
about denying all Finnish people to be as a
alpha (beta?) testers, what a crap  

This whole thing sucks and it sucks good,
I have lots more to say, but I wisely keep
it and smile  

Janne