Author Topic: Get your hands off me you damned dirty dweeb!  (Read 1219 times)

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
Get your hands off me you damned dirty dweeb!
« on: March 13, 2003, 11:33:37 AM »
Immortal words from Charlton Hesten.  Words indeed to live and die by.  My name is Zippatuh and I fly the P51D.  This is my attempt to shine the tarnished image of the bird I so like to fly.

1)  I’m not running, I’m extending.  Unless the 2 plus bad guys on my tail are now 5 plus, then I’m not extending, I’m running.  Actually if the 2 plus doesn’t drop to 1 I’m running.  Feel free to flip a coin between the two of you to see who breaks off so that I may turn and engage.

2)  I never vulch or cherry pick.  I am only making sure that my convergence is set correctly for the next 1v1 that arrives.

3)  I live to shoot all things in red icons down, especially if the icon indicates that it is some type of slower early war plane.  Shooting fish in barrels may not be sporting but it sure is fun.

4)  I never hide in ack.  The rounds from the AA are small enough you can see me anyway.

5)  I will fight when at a disadvantage.  I’m 5K above 10 bad guys with 300 mph indicated.  10v1, yeah, I’ll take those odds.  At least until my energy equalizes, then refer back to my first point.

6)  I will fight low and slow.  Actually only if squad mates are making me.  Personal note… I am very glad the 13th’s experiment with Yugo’s completed about the time I joined.

7)  Not all 51 drivers want fields far away.  In fact I want them as close as the early war guys.  I can always take off from the second line base to get the altitude I need.  Refer back to point 2.  Practicing gunnery is extremely important.

8)  I’m not flying it because I like it.  I only fly it because everyone else is.  It’s just simply impossible that an aircraft with that much history and perfection would want to be flown by anyone of there own accord.  I’ll be making my appointment with the therapist soon after I commit this thread.

Eight is all I can come up with and it’s lunch time.  So… there you go. :D

Offline dracon

• Nickel Member
      • http://myweb.cableone.net/decon14/
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2003, 12:01:01 PM »
Sir

"If a man forgets his History, then he is doomed to relive it."

Offline bizket

• Copper Member
Re: Get your hands off me you damned dirty dweeb!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2003, 01:08:44 PM »
Originally posted by Zippatuh

2)  I never vulch or cherry pick.  

Actually the PC term we dweebs like to use is "swooping" :D

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2003, 01:17:05 PM »
paws

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Get your hands off me you damned dirty dweeb!
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2003, 01:35:51 PM »
Originally posted by bizket
Actually the PC term we dweebs like to use is "swooping" :D

No we dont.   Swooping (TM) is what I do, only I am allowed to do this and everyone else merely dives.  Even the other pretenders to the name are not allowed to swoop (TM).

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2003, 01:54:26 PM »
I'll cut a banana on any gorilla that'll let me.  I'll also run about 2.0 out then turn around and come at the baboons again.  I'll press the HO if I think I can win it.  I have to - as a Rooke I'm usually outnumbered and limited to 25% fuel (tip: if you don't like fighting against Mustangs, don't pork the airbase fuel).  I don't like to vulch airbases, though - all that smoke and objects slows my graphics card down too much and I can't hit anything or alternately I slam into the ground during the slideshow.

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2003, 02:15:09 PM »
Is this a confessional or a Mustangs Anonymous meeting?

Hi, my name is Midnight and I fly Mustangs. I do it all the time. Almost every tour I score over 95% of all my fighter kills while flying the Mustang and at least 80% of all my kills in all other combined catagories. I'm a Mustang addict. I fly it for a lot of reasons. I've been flying it since I started playing AW over 5 years ago. It's always been my favorite plane and it always will. I started a squad that is focused on the Mustang and is all about Mustangs. The name of my squad even uses the word "Mustangs". I've done all kinds of various flight testing in the Aces High Mustang. I love the speed and the power and the ability of the Mustang to dominate a fight. If I were religious, the Mustang would be god. If I were supersticious, the Mustang would be my good-luck charm. I am a virtual fighter pilot, and the Mustang is my ride. My name is Midnight and I fly Mustangs :)

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2003, 02:18:03 PM »
You don't swoop (TM) in them though, right?

Offline jonnyb

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2003, 02:45:09 PM »
I am also a mustang addict.  I like to fly the green bird because that silver one is just too shiny.  I don't need 6 .50 caliber machine guns, I only need 4.  I am in a squad with mustang in the name.  If I see a red icon, I turn for it.  If he is higher than me, I tempt him to come on down.  If he's lower than me, I'll dive down upon him.  I'll boom and zoom or knife fight.  I'll turn with the spits and race with the La7s.  If I am outnumbered it just means more targets for me to choose from.  I'll shoot you in the sky, or on the ground.  I'll harrass you in your bombers or egg you in your tanks.  I am a mustang driver.

The path of the righteous mustang driver is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am a mustang driver when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Offline JimBear

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2003, 02:50:22 PM »
Whenever I try to Swoop™  it usually ends up Sw...oops  ;)

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2003, 02:51:40 PM »
I couldn’t think of any rhymes at the moment….I am a P-51 pilot, and for the rest you can make your own judgments ;)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2003, 03:05:41 PM »
P-51 Rap!

(make noises with your mouth as you read)

Yo Yo Yo

I drive a pony
I ain't no phoney
ain't nuthin fastuh
cept that commie bastuh (d)

I'm the cadie o' the sky
leather panties just die
I'll pop a 1k M-2
wit luv from me to you

I'm the caddie o' the hood
them other posers ain't no good
that shiny bright and blingin skin
makes me higher than juice n' gin

yo yo yo

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2003, 03:50:22 PM »
LOL :D

<- dweeb
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2003, 04:17:16 PM »
John Belushi voice: Mustang, Mustang, Mustang.

I am thankful that others don't see how sweet a ride it is.  I wish I could come up with stuff as clever as the rest of you witty gents.

Love the pony!!!
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Texman11

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2003, 06:24:37 PM »
So, MA really does stand for Mustang Anonymous!  I would hide
behind all the rap I could too!

Texman

109 driver