Author Topic: Readme for new patch:  (Read 1230 times)

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Readme for new patch:
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2003, 10:03:51 AM »
Originally posted by BNM
Agree the 'not landing directly on the airstrip' sucks and should be changed.

I don't think that this should be a problem, forcing players to land on the strip adds a bit of excitement to landing a damaged plane.

Doing a deadstick approach and then landing and coasting to the rearm pad gives a sense of satisfaction to me since it isn't necessarily easy to do, not that it's that hard but it does add to the excitement IMO.

I think you can forget about this being changed for this version of AH, maybe HT has taken this into consideration for AH2. If he does then I'd like to see the terrain surounding the base to be spotted with potholes and mud bogs...just to keep the excitement level up yaknow ;)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Readme for new patch:
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2003, 10:22:32 AM »
Originally posted by MrLars
LOL, just wait for AH to be available for the PS2 or Xbox.

Wasn't WB3 supposed to come out on the Xbox?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Readme for new patch:
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2003, 10:28:47 AM »
I'm not sure, but I dont have an XBOX so I will probabally never know :)
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline crowMAW

• Silver Member
Readme for new patch:
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2003, 10:59:24 AM »
Doing a deadstick approach and then landing and coasting to the rearm pad gives a sense of satisfaction to me since it isn't necessarily easy to do, not that it's that hard but it does add to the excitement IMO.

Great!  Nothing will prevent you from continuing to challenge yourself if you choose should HTC decide to make the model more realistic in regards to landing.

I'm a pilot in real life, and at the field where I fly, 9 times out of 10 I prefer to land on the grass next to the runway (either in power or in my sailplane...personally I find that more challenging).  When I do this, folks don't come running out of the FBO asking me why I ditched!  :)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2003, 12:49:14 PM by crowMAW »

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Readme for new patch:
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2003, 11:44:21 AM »
I think no more trees is a step backwards...

SKurj

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
Readme for new patch:
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2003, 12:59:36 PM »
Originally posted by crowMAW

I'm a pilot in real life, and at the field where I fly, 9 times out of 10 I prefer to land on the grass next to the runway (either in power or in my sailplane...personally I find that more challenging).  When I do this, folks don't come running out of the FBO asking me why I ditched!  :)

Maybe HT will model a mud bog at each field and dedicate it to you....could call it Cromagnon bog ;)

How 'bout some potholes: Mawtholes

Then we could see some of the sights seen on the unpaved fields during the war....wouldn't it be fun to do a propstand or have a part of your landing gear collapse while you were trying to eek the highest score possible for that flight!

Gotta have the bad if you want the good on this particular point IMO.

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
Readme for new patch:
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2003, 01:44:22 PM »
Originally posted by SKurj
I think no more trees is a step backwards...
SKurj

I agree.  I had no idea that HT was considering this as a "fix" to people complaining about blowing up when hitting one.

Offline crowMAW

• Silver Member
Lars Attacks
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2003, 01:50:46 PM »
Hmm...Lars I'd say you Men of Leisure (or is it light loafers ;) ) have been lazily sipping on too many over-iced lemonades...it's given you a brain freeze.

When you have a good argument and not a bunch of vitriolic comments aimed at me or my squad come back.  Till then..bu-bye.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2003, 02:00:06 PM by crowMAW »

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Readme for new patch:
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2003, 01:58:00 PM »
Landing anywhere on ANY BASE TILE should be a successful landing, friendly or otherwise.

If an enemy base is capped enough to the point that you can land safely, then what is the REAL fundemental problem with receiving a safe landing.

I can't believe that HTC changed this. There have been previous posts on this subject, and from what I can remember, there wasn't such an overwhelming call for this change to justify this change.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline FortyDog

• Copper Member
Readme for new patch:
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2003, 04:00:25 PM »
Originally posted by Meatwad
Alright!! No more running into some dead object or town stuff in my Tiger and getting killed. I should get a refund for the perks I lost for that!! LOL j/k.

MeatWacker......I'm with you on this one.  I've lost at least 90% of my tigers due to a sliver of wood on the ground.  I'd like my perkies back too.  I'm pretty sure I won't get them but....you know....wishful thinking

40DogMAW
M.A.W. Commander And Chief
Marine Air Wing

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Lars Attacks
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2003, 04:32:33 PM »
Originally posted by crowMAW
Hmm...Lars I'd say you Men of Leisure (or is it light loafers ;) ) have been lazily sipping on too many over-iced lemonades...it's given you a brain freeze.

When you have a good argument and not a bunch of vitriolic comments aimed at me or my squad come back.  Till then..bu-bye.

MOLs drink Flak Panzer Oil, not over-iced lemonades.  They also wear lime green leisure suits but that's a different topic.

Ack-Ack (ex-MOL)
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Aircorps

• Zinc Member
Readme for new patch:
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2003, 09:03:58 PM »
Will they be making a new patch to fix this white water bug... I gotsta know!

Offline Shiva

• Silver Member
      • http://members.cox.net/srmalloy/
Readme for new patch:
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2003, 09:11:49 PM »
LOL, just wait for AH to be available for the PS2 or Xbox.

Not unless HT is willing to give control of AH over to Mickey$oft; from what I understand, online games have to be hosted on Microsoft's servers. And the eternal crap involved in having to recertify the game for Xbox every time they released a patch or added/updated a terrain.