Author Topic: !!!!!!!!!Slut Stats!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1661 times)

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
!!!!!!!!!Slut Stats!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: March 14, 2003, 07:59:40 PM »
(Solomons 3-7-03)

Overall A6M2 k/d  = 0.99

A6M2 vs.  F4F-4  > 1235/1303 = 0.95
A6M2 vs.  TBM  > 240/74 = 3.24
A6M2 vs.  Boston  > 233/35 = 6.66
A6M2 vs.  P-40  > 197/240 = 0.82
A6M2 vs.  SBD  > 62/27 = 2.3
A6M2 vs.  F4U  > 8/41 = 0.2

Overall F4F-4 k/d  = 1.04

F4F-4 vs. A6M2 > 1303/1235  = 1.06
F4F-4 vs. KI-67  > 131/70 = 1.87
F4F-4 vs. D3A  > 85/27 = 3.15
F4F-4 vs. B5N  > 56/3 = 18.7
F4F-4 vs. JU-88  > 25/12 = 2.08

For the first time in a long time, the CT Axis actually put forth some good numbers, and even significantly outnumbered the Allies a few times.  Because of this, I found myself flying Allied for about 1/3 of my online time this past week.  The Zero vs. the Wildcat made for a classic and enjoyable match up.  

While the zero was clearly the better plane flight wise, the speed, dive-ability, durability, and gun package of the Wildcat more than made up for its (comparatively) lack of knife fighting ability.  If flown smartly, the Wildcat always had a way out.  The range, rate of fire, and ammo count of its 6 x .50s were truly the feature that gave it the edge over the zero.  500 - yard spray and pray snap shots often paid off.  Zeros fell apart and caught fire much like I’ve read about as long as I’ve studied WWII aviation.

In the Zero, get above a single Wildcat under 2,500’ and 250 MPH, and he’s as good as dead.  The key is waiting until you are well within 200 yards before you even think about using a few precious cannon rounds.  Lack of range, rate of fire, and ammo count are what made the A6M-2 tricky to get kills in.  Its lack of speed, poor high speed handling, and E retention, made it easy to get anchored in.  Too often I found myself low and outnumbered.   When that happens, the only real question is whether or not you can take a blue plane down with you, before his buddies turn you to confetti.  I think that my greatest foe while flying the Zero, was my own overconfidence in the aircraft’s (and my own) abilities.

In the Wildcat, I played it much safer, because I knew that giving the advantage to the Zero meant certain death.  I often told myself, “If I were in that Zero, I would be able to kill me very soon.  I’d better egress.”

eskimo
« Last Edit: March 14, 2003, 08:02:35 PM by eskimo2 »

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2003, 09:03:48 PM »
Interesting Number's, again TY for doing this Eskimo.

Well said  btw eskimo.

I think the numbers would of been a bit wors for the Zero, had it not been for a couple vulch fest's that I myself witnessed/partook in, one sortie I had 7 kills before ack got me over 32.

The bomber numbers are interesting to, I got a few Bostons by the Tag, and Bag methhod, whear i wold tag em and let ack finish them as they dove into the fleat.

Same with the Peggy and the Wildcat, although I caught a few low and slow after take off.

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2003, 11:53:39 PM »
yep yep yep

most of my flying time was in the zero for this tour.

cause the numbers were alway hedging that way of course.

Offline keyapaha

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2003, 11:12:18 AM »
This was a very good set up to all mpst fun I had in the CT in a while...

I looked at the numbers for the 13th as a squad we were bearly above a 1 to 1 in K/D in the a6m2....
« Last Edit: March 16, 2003, 11:14:47 AM by keyapaha »

Offline Grissom

• Zinc Member
Amen...!
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2003, 03:09:01 PM »
Eskimo:  Where do you get this information from?  Fascinating stats!:)

Keyapaha: Great to fly with you this past week in the PTO.  Tons of fun, even if I did get whacked a few times.  But at least I took 2 and 3 with me at a time. :D

Brady: New set up looks great!  Only I have a hard time seeing icons of GV's until about D1.3...  Is this the normal vis setting?

Haven

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Re: Amen...!
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2003, 03:20:07 PM »
Originally posted by Grissom
Eskimo:  Where do you get this information from?  Fascinating stats!:)

Haven

On the score page, click on stats.

You can look up individual plane stats for a given player, squad, country, whole arena, player Vs. (any from the above), etc.  

Its really the coolest part of the entire score page/site.

I sometimes like to track how I am doing in individual planes... which planes I do well in, the ones I suck in, etc.

Check it out.  (HTC home page > comunity > scores > stats)

eskimo

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2003, 05:38:34 PM »
" Brady: New set up looks great! Only I have a hard time seeing icons of GV's until about D1.3... Is this the normal vis setting? "

That is Normal for AH in the Ct and the MA, 1.4 is Icon range for GV's. Unless your in a GV then their is no Icon for enemy GV's.

I Like Hunting GV's in planes (and GV's) so I can typical spot them from the air prety easy, the spawn point arows for GV's realy give it away, just fly out the spawn point and back track toward the base or town they are atacking, after a while you will be able to see them aganst the terain prety easy, way beyound Icon range.

Offline Grissom

• Zinc Member
AHA...!
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2003, 05:48:32 PM »
Eskimo: Many thanks. :cool:  I went there, and you were 110% right. >S<

Brady:  What spawn arrow?  (is such a newb) :o

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2003, 05:52:55 PM »
There's a button on your kneeboard which will show arrows from bases leading to all their spawnpoints. Brady uses it extensively. ;)

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2003, 06:49:01 PM »
:)

Offline Grissom

• Zinc Member
Why am I...
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2003, 11:00:07 AM »
Originally posted by Arlo
There's a button on your kneeboard which will show arrows from bases leading to all their spawnpoints. Brady uses it extensively. ;)

...always the last to find these things out? :o :p