Author Topic: Dixie Hicks show ignorance...  (Read 3054 times)

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Dixie Hicks show ignorance...
« Reply #120 on: March 18, 2003, 10:06:39 AM »
Since radio frequencies are controlled by the FCC I would imagine that the owner of a station may be limited in the amount of censure he may employ. I could be wrong though.

You would be wrong when it comes to playing entertainment content.  Those country stations would probably never play rap music for example.  It's not censorship.  Or censureship.  They can play what they want, within obsenity laws, etc., and not play what they want.  The Dixie Chicks alienated a large chunk of their fan base, and the radio stations are responding.

ra

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #121 on: March 18, 2003, 01:04:26 PM »
Originally posted by Martlet
To me, flag burning is hipocritical.  Here's why.

Protesting your government is fine.  It's your right as an American.

The flag is a symbol of our country.  It isn't a symbol of republicans, democrats, green party, or the judicial system.  As an american burning the flag, you are showing your hatred for it, and all that it stands for.  Including yourself.  And you are using the freedoms that the flag provides you to do it.

If you hate the country, then move.  If you hate the government, then protest it.  Or better yet, do something to change it.  Run for office.

Burning the flag is disrespecting yourself, me, and my ancestors that worked to make this country what it is.  I will, and have, take care of any flag burning that take place in front of me.

I'll go to my grave defending the right of U.S. citizens to burn the Stars and Stripes.  I'll also continue to not only defend, but exercise my right of free speech (a right to many people tend to believe as "free") to say people who live in the United States and wish to burn the Flag..... are one of, if not the most, ridiculous spectacles of stupidity and hypocrisy there are.  Seriously.. all I can do is laugh at them :D
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #122 on: March 18, 2003, 01:06:54 PM »
Originally posted by straffo
Caveman that's why the last time I spoke politic with a fellow american in france we ended completly drunk ....

and before feeling asleep I'm pretty sure we were speaking the same language :D

The language of LOVE? :D

(sorry straffo... you opened the door, I just couldn't resist hehe)
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: March 18, 2003, 01:09:49 PM »
Originally posted by Dowding
Irony. Delicious irony, Grunherz.

Oh I diasgree. I'm assuming you mean to compare that to what america and Bush are doing. We arent telling anyone to shut up alltogether and not voice their opinion or face getting kicked out of the UN. Were just asking for their support and if they wont give it to us we will just do it by ourselves. If they disagree we will just not that and move forward in knowledge that we are right and that we must act in our self defence.  

Again i ackgnowlege you may have dificulty seeing this through your bush hatred biut it's plainly obvious that we arent telling countries to shut up, were just trying to argue our case.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: March 18, 2003, 01:21:53 PM »
Originally posted by Tumor
The language of LOVE? :D

(sorry straffo... you opened the door, I just couldn't resist hehe)

I didn't open anything !

hmmm ...I've trouble sleeping since this time  .... perhaps should I see a psychiatre ? ;)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: March 18, 2003, 06:36:33 PM »
Originally posted by fd ski
Country Music.... heheheh... 2 gitars, 3 chords and lyricks about author's inability to score with chicks :)

That would be GUITARS and LYRICS. Perhaps you should have spent more time in class and less time listening to Hip Hop.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #126 on: March 18, 2003, 06:40:55 PM »
Originally posted by straffo
Freedom of speak ?

Yes, freedom of speach and also freedom to chose who's records one buys.

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #127 on: March 18, 2003, 06:46:09 PM »
By the by, I resent this group being called the "Dixie Hicks."

Most of the "hicks" I know support our troops AND the President during time of war.  They might criticize Bush in private conversation, but they wouldn't be crass enough to do it overseas in front of foreigners.

Maybe they need to change their name...wonder what would be a good one for them?

Shuckins

Offline Rasker

• Silver Member
« Reply #128 on: March 18, 2003, 06:55:54 PM »
"Hollywood Liberals" comes to mind, dunno how much of a future they have among country music fans.  It's pretty much right of center fan base.

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #129 on: March 18, 2003, 07:01:11 PM »
Originally posted by Rasker
"Hollywood Liberals" comes to mind, dunno how much of a future they have among country music fans.  It's pretty much right of center fan base.

...but not necessarily one with a very long memory.

F.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #130 on: March 18, 2003, 07:34:09 PM »
Originally posted by Shuckins
Maybe they need to change their name...wonder what would be a good one for them?

I recommend "Unemployed Chicks"
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #131 on: March 18, 2003, 07:38:21 PM »
AkIron,

That works for me!

Regards, Shuckins

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
« Reply #132 on: March 18, 2003, 08:25:08 PM »
Dixie Chicks-"Takes a big mouth to sing country and it helps alot when inserting both feet!"

Offline Rasker

• Silver Member
« Reply #133 on: March 18, 2003, 08:29:10 PM »
hmm, I wonder if they could do a lot of USO touring in Iraq as a penance, or would the troops hoot em off the stage? :)