Author Topic: British Government Resignations  (Read 713 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
amazing ...
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2003, 10:53:18 AM »
and the brits think this is a good thing??

"What has come to trouble me most over past weeks is the suspicion that if the hanging chads in Florida had gone the other way and Al Gore had been elected, we would not now be about to commit British troops."

looks like they need more of these curly wurly eating wimps to pack their bags and get out of their countries political business....
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
British Government Resignations
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2003, 12:22:53 PM »
Quitters.

Now they have no say at all, even to argue.

lame.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2003, 12:30:43 PM »
Originally posted by Kanth
Quitters.

lame.
I was thinking the same thing.

MiniD

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2003, 12:33:53 PM »
They're saving face...in a few weeks when the world finds out how bad it really was in Iraq, these guys won't have to search for answers in their wrongful thinking.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2003, 02:22:29 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
They're saving face...in a few weeks when the world finds out how bad it really was in Iraq, these guys won't have to search for answers in their wrongful thinking.

was thinking about what we'd find in Iraq and realize it won't matter ...

those who don't believe now will still not believe but rather believe the US/Brits planted whatever we find to justify the war
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Pei

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2003, 04:37:11 PM »
Originally posted by Kanth
Quitters.

lame.

They resigned from the government: they are still MPs and have a right to speak in the House have their say in debates (and vote as well of course). You can't resign from being an MP you can only get yourself disqualified.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2003, 04:38:01 PM »
Originally posted by Lance
Saw his speech on CSpan.  He got a standing ovation from all of the other members of the house of commons.

I think Blair's days are numbered.

Excuse me (and the rest of you yanks) but did you watch the speeches in the Commons last night? Not only did Blair give a good speech, but the opposition party came out in full support of him. Pommies did a bloody better job than Bush.

Just because a couple of 'appeasers' quit doesn't mean the poms are pulling out.

Even those that are against the war gave Blair the nod of a job well done.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2003, 04:41:09 PM »
Cook's speech has been widely regarded as having more content and authority than Blair's. He's a very well respected MP.

It seems we have plenty of oratory talent in the House of Commons. Maybe Bush could learn a thing or too. ;)
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.