Author Topic: Liked it..especially when he addressed the Iraqi people.  (Read 1520 times)

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
Liked it..especially when he addressed the Iraqi people.
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2003, 03:32:12 AM »
Originally posted by Rockstar
Ping pong anyone?

www.kvi.com

Real good link.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2003, 03:35:16 AM »
Hey, I found some sig line material from GWB.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2003, 03:43:38 AM »
Iraq is not a terrorist state, any more than Saudi is.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Engine

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2003, 04:09:30 AM »
Doesn't the royal family of Saudi Arabia reward the families of Palestinian suicide murderers with thousands of dollars?

Iraq does as well.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2003, 04:11:57 AM »
Has this money that is reported to be given to the families of suicide bombers ever actually been seen to be given?

Personally, I've yet to hear of a single case, with corroborating evidence.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2003, 04:13:30 AM »
Originally posted by Dowding
Has this money that is reported to be given to the families of suicide bombers ever actually been seen to be given?

Personally, I've yet to hear of a single case, with corroborating evidence.

Now you're stretching.  I love seeing the other side of an argument so backed into a corner, they resort to this logic.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2003, 04:24:15 AM »
Originally posted by Curval
Re: Liked it..especially when he addressed the Iraqi people.
I haven't seen it, but that sounds like the address made by GB1 12 years ago. He began a sentence in the middle of his address by saying: "People of Iraq, we have no quarrel with you" etc., and went on to add that it was the Iraqi leaders that were the only target.

The real worries are going to be Iraqi sabotage of oil installations, and chemical weapons. But wait - Saddam says they don't have any - lol.

Let's hope the job can be finished this time, now that the Unnecessary Nannies are out of the way.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2003, 04:32:40 AM »
Now you're stretching. I love seeing the other side of an argument so backed into a corner, they resort to this logic.

Backed into a corner? Don't flatter yourself.

So asking for evidence of a claim is now unreasonable? You could run a court system based on that principle. You wouldn't be the first, however. Saddam has beaten you to it.

Now there's irony.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2003, 04:34:35 AM »
Saddam Is Sending Money to Families of Suicide Bombers

Saturday, July 27, 2002
By Jennifer Griffin

GAZA — The friendship between Saddam Hussein and Yasser Arafat dates back to the Gulf War.

Arafat stood by Hussein through that time, and Palestinians cheered when Iraqi Scuds landed on Tel Aviv.

Now Hussein is returning the favor, sending $25,000 checks to the families of suicide bombers and $10,000 to those killed attacking Israel.

At a ceremony on Monday in Gaza, three Palestinian families received checks. Their sons belonged to Hamas and Islamic Jihad.

One recipient of the money was Fayez Shehade, the brother of the top Hamas commander assassinated by Israeli F-16 jets Monday night. His son was killed carrying out an attack in March on Israeli soldiers patrolling near a Jewish settlement. His mother said her son was defending her honor after Israel's soldiers ransacked their home looking for the Hamas leader.

Asked whether Hussein was simply using the Palestinian people by buying their friendship, Amina Shehade said no.

"To the contrary, he is in the same situation as us," Shehade said. "He is under siege and we are under siege. We are under attack and he is under attack."

From the Palestinian perspective, Iraq is the only Arab nation that hasn’t forgotten them in the last two years.

Other Arab states pledge millions each year to help the Palestinians, but the money never shows up. When Saddam Hussein promises them money, he delivers.

In two years, the Iraqi leader has signed more than 500 checks for a total of $20 million distributed at ceremonies attended by top officials from Arafat's Palestinian Authority.

Speakers at these gatherings deliver blistering attacks against President Bush and America for supporting Israel.

Shehade said the Palestinian people will rally around Hussein if the U.S. ever attacks him.

"Our support will be for Saddam," Shehade said. "He is for us a symbol, a father, and a leader because he is the one who feels our pain."

Saddam hopes that pain expressed for Palestinians throughout the Arab streets will turn into support for him if America strikes Iraq. That’s what he’s banking on.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2003, 04:39:18 AM »
Can I have a source on that please? You didn't post where that report came from.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2003, 05:01:29 AM »
sorry.  I found it from several different news sources in several different countries.  The one I copied is this:  http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,58871,00.html but they all say basically the same thing.  It was apparently several seperate incidents.

Offline Engine

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2003, 05:13:56 AM »
Here's another for you.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Story/0,2763,912938,00.html

Another.  AP, so your 'ACHTUNG ACHTUNG BIASED NEWS SOURCE' alert doesn't go off.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030313/ap_wo_en_ge/me_gen_palestinians_saddam_s_money_3

Here's one from Reuters, written by an Arab:
Palestinians Receive Checks From Hussein
By Nidal Mughrabi
Reuters
Thursday, March 13, 2003; Page A15

GAZA CITY, March 12 -- Palestinian families, one related to a suicide bomber and 22 others whose relatives were killed by Israeli forces, received $245,000 in checks from Iraq today, underscoring President Saddam Hussein's support for the Palestinian revolt even as he faces the prospect of a U.S.-led war to destroy his government.

The family of a Palestinian suicide bomber received a check for $25,000. The other 22 families, of Palestinian fighters or civilians killed during Israeli army ground attacks or airstrikes, received $10,000 each.

Another AP release:
Iraq stepping up support of Palestinian uprising
By IBRAHIM HAZBOUN
The Associated Press
9/13/02 7:31 AM

JERUSALEM (AP) -- Iraq has increased its payments to Palestinians and is supporting their uprising against Israel in other ways, a Palestinian activist said Friday, also hinting that Iraq is supplying arms.

Iraq has been giving money to the relatives of Palestinian suicide bombers and others killed in the two-year conflict with Israel, but now it is increasing the payments, said Ibrahim Zannen, a spokesman for the pro-Iraq Arab Liberation Army in Gaza.

Asked about Iraqi weapons shipments to the Palestinians, Zannen said, "Iraq is supporting the Palestinian uprising by all means."

Dowding, please let me know if you'd like more links.  I understand that Iraq supporting terrorists is hard to swallow.  I almost didn't believe it myself.

Pffft.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2003, 05:26:35 AM »
Dowding has been getting desperate lately.

Offline Engine

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2003, 05:29:54 AM »
I noticed.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2003, 05:48:00 AM »
engine can you search before 2002 please.