Author Topic: Skins  (Read 619 times)

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Skins
« on: March 19, 2003, 10:04:26 PM »
Hmmm, this is bloody crazy !! Why is it soooo hard to make a skin in AH?

In warbirds (sorry) All you have to do is use a blank templet. All the lines, rivits etc are there. All you have to do is paint it. The lines stay and you just simply change the paint scheam. If you do the same thing for AH birds, well, I guess I have just completely forgot how to do it!! When I paint it, all the lines are gone and it looks like a piece of cardboard.

Make it easy for me. Can someone just take the P-47-11 and paint it uplike this...........,

:(

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Skins
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2003, 04:38:36 AM »
Youre right P6EHawk, it is difficult to make skins in AH: they are very little files (256 x 256 pixels) and there are no blank line presets available.

IL2's skins are 512x512 pixels and they have good blank tables with lines.

I think Ramzey has made that kind of "line art" from AH skins, we must ask for him!;)
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment

Offline F6Bomber

• Zinc Member
Skins
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2003, 04:54:06 AM »
Its not hard hes your Ac Skin.

Offline F6Bomber

• Zinc Member
Skins
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2003, 04:54:48 AM »
and the other one too :0.

Offline F6Bomber

• Zinc Member
Skins
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2003, 04:58:59 AM »
had to re-edit number 1. big bo bo on my part.

Anyway this was done under 10 minutes too.

Offline F6Bomber

• Zinc Member
Skins
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2003, 05:11:35 AM »
High Quality Texutre here too.

Offline F6Bomber

• Zinc Member
Skins
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2003, 05:13:17 AM »
Here is what it looks like.

Offline F6Bomber

• Zinc Member
Skins
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2003, 05:28:20 AM »
edited the texture alittle for the body. Picture and also finaly texture files.

Offline F6Bomber

• Zinc Member
Skins
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2003, 05:31:51 AM »
Finaly post before i go into the MA, and this is my MA name in the actualy MA.

F6bomber.

Anyway, i dont do alot of texturing. I know there is a hell of alot of other guys who do this kind of work down to the last texture.

But this is somthink anybody can ram together in 20-30 minutes.

Offline F6Bomber

• Zinc Member
Skins
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2003, 05:42:45 AM »
Difference between source and texture.

Pretty damn close. Just need to adjust brightness to textures, add some markings and she will be done. I will leave it up to you, to finish her off.

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Skins
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2003, 06:38:39 AM »
F6bomber, of course you can edit quicly the skins (I've beeb done my FinRus 198F4 in one hour, it's ugly as Helsinki metro train :D )

But if you are making the skins REALLY 1:1 it is not so easy. I mean if you make all the details, camouflages, markings, numbers, panel lines etc. just as they were in the original historical plane it is hours and hours work. Good example is my Finns Bf 109 G2 (MT-222 = same as HTC's original and not correct skin) in FinRus Winter terrain:

I have make it better and better to every FinRus update and still the bottom side's panel lines are not finally ready. But I think it is now 95 % ready and ALL the upper fuselage details are just correct in the skin. That means I cannot make it better with AH skins.

And I must say it has been a really pixel by pixel work! :D

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
Skins
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2003, 06:42:16 AM »
Here's MT-222 and very good and historical profile picture that you can compare them. For ex. the camouflage on the wings is just ABSOLYTELY correct!;)

Offline F6Bomber

• Zinc Member
Skins
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2003, 06:54:31 AM »
CC very very nice work dud.

I am more into 3D modeling than the texturing side of things. Though, i dont spend alot of time in the editor making everthink 100% correct, because it can never be 100% corret with such low 8 bit textures that we currently have right now.

I have seen some very good skin artists and they do a great job, just i dont like siting down and re-texturing everthink over and over again, i rather do that with lines of code :).

But also, the worlds best 3D model is nothink without a good texture to rap around it.

Also, one last note. I havent been intrested in taking my texturing skills higher in aces high, because they cannot really be used. Unless you count SEA and other events were they use your textures.

Got to get some sleep.

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Skins
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2003, 09:24:28 AM »
Hehehehee TTHHHAANNKSSSSSSSSSSS F6Bomber. You are my hero. Sorry for the late thank you but I got kind bzy.

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Skins
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2003, 09:43:09 AM »
F6Bomber can you sent or post this without the nose art or number on side of fuselage? I will use it as a templet and start learning.
Thanks