Author Topic: 2 login's on 1 IP address?  (Read 293 times)

Offline bockko

• Nickel Member
      • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blackoutboys/
2 login's on 1 IP address?
« on: March 21, 2003, 11:18:54 AM »
I have a friend who may visit (squaddy) and I have a question. Can you log two people in on one IP address? I have cable modem with a linksys router, so getting two pc's connected is easy. Just wondering if AH will let two accounts log in from the same connection.

Thanks, bockk

Offline San

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2003, 11:26:42 AM »
bockko

Sure you can, Teebone and I do it all the time. We have a Linksys router also.

Offline bockko

• Nickel Member
      • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blackoutboys/
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2003, 01:03:46 PM »
wow, thanks! I suppose with two of you in the same room you don't need vox!

bockk

Offline Falstaff

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2003, 02:11:39 PM »
The flying part of this setup (2 computers, linksys router) works for me.  However, in my case at least, vox messages are sent to a random computer of the two.  Plus, if both computers were going to recieve a transmission,  two voice messages are sent to one of the computers, with the second transmission out of phase by a half second or so from the first one.  This makes it hard to understand what people are saying, giving the message a techno/rap quality.

Support has confirmed that this is a known problem, since the voice messages are both sent to the same ip and port number.  I didn't ask them if a different router would fix it -- but I am silly enough to buy a different router just to get this to work.  I rashly assumed that all routers would have the same problem; does anyone have it working for both flying and voice messages, and if so, what kind of router do you have?

I am using a Linksys BEFSR41 (cable modem router + 4 port switch.)

Once again, I will mention that the flying part works fine, it's *only* the voice transmissions that give me problems.

Offline San

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2003, 02:29:52 PM »
Falstaff is correct there is a little lag maybe a second or so with vox and it can be annoying we switched to headphones and it does not bother us anymore.