Author Topic: Slaughter at the Bridge of Death  (Read 4021 times)

Offline -Concho-

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Slaughter at the Bridge of Death
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2003, 02:53:17 PM »
I feel sorry for the Marines.  

They have looked the lion in the mouth and faced death itself.  

I hate that civialians had to die, but that is a part of war.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2003, 02:54:59 PM »
Oh yea, this is unbiased reporting....

Amid the wreckage I counted 12 dead civilians, lying in the road or in nearby ditches. All had been trying to leave this southern town overnight, probably for fear of being killed by US helicopter attacks and heavy artillery.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2003, 03:00:42 PM »
SADDAM HATES THIS WAR ..STOP IT STOPIT, and also stop giving food and water to the people, it's makes saddam look bad.

saddam, the light of islam

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2003, 03:03:55 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz
Btw. AKIron, what unit are you guys flying in Guadalcanal?

The 24th Hikotai. Hope you join us.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2003, 03:06:12 PM »
Originally posted by blitz
Sure ya government can give a crap what I think, but it better SHOULD care what the Pope, the churches, The UN, old friends and the majority of people on this planet has to say them.

THEY ARE AGAINST THIS BLOODY WAR AND WANT YOUR GOVERNMENT TO STOP THAT CRAP!

Regards Blitz

America was threatened by Iraq in no way, it was just plain ridiculous.

Nope, we could care less about:

Pope, churches, UN, or majority of people on the planet.  Our friends we care about, but they are with us, and not selling arms to Iraq.

Except for lord darth vader.  I'm not sure where he's from, but he isn't included in us or we.  Since I was obviously talking about the US, I'm assuming he's from there.  Or retarded.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2003, 03:08:18 PM »
This is exactly why i'm against this war.

Wrong, analysis by politicians "This will be a cakewalk" " They will cheer for as as we are the liberators"

President Bush nor any of the other key players never said this war would be a "cakewalk."  Quite the opposite, almost every time he has been on TV, he reminds the country that this war will be long and difficult.

Its the media that has injected this "cakewalk war" into the minds of everyone.  

The war will not be easy - but lets blame the right people for stating it will be.

Offline Rockstar

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2003, 03:11:32 PM »
Sure ya government can give a crap what I think, but it better SHOULD care what the Pope, the churches, The UN, old friends and the majority of people on this planet has to say them.

LOL  the pope? churches? egads man!  Old friends?  Where did they go when it came time to carry out the resolution everyone so heartly agreed upon.  They ran scared, like a bunch of old women, they left us holding the bag.  Funny thing is those old friends who ran away under a banner with UN written on it thinking it could hide their cowardice will be first in line for a hand out and dictating how to divide the spoils of war, a war they were afraid to help with.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2003, 03:14:39 PM by Rockstar »

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2003, 03:15:25 PM »
Not to mention the Pope and church is far to busy trying to cover up their child molesting priests to worry about us ridding the world of a brutal dictator.

Offline stegor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2003, 03:16:49 PM »
If I'm understanding you correctly then I'm somehow caloused for blaming Saddam for killing his own people. Are you blaming me and/or the US for pushing Saddam to this?

If so, then perhaps you feel the US is responsible for the millions of deaths in WWII that might not have occured had we let Hitler and Tojo run their course unopposed.

Am I reading this right?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing of what you wrote.
I feel sad cause I think that "unnecessary casualties" are horrible, where for that or "collateral damages" I mean innocent people dying, as well young smiling boys forced to become bloody killers to defend their own life, and I think those things dont need to "rest where deserved" but  have to be strongly considered.
Far from me the idea of excusing Sadam or others, I think anyone can or not support this war as better one thinks, but we can show a bit of human feelings anyway
:)
Sorry if I misunderstood your words, as if I didnt catch well yours; its not easy for me to explain such concepts in a language thats not my first one maybe
Nibbio
4° Stormo C.T. "F. Baracca"

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2003, 03:16:59 PM »
If Saddam were to stay in power, eventually die and pass the terror reigns on to his putrid sons, do you really think the Iraqis would be better off to suffer terror for generations rather than to suffer this war and its tragedies now?

To suffer now, get it over and try to improve their lot as a people seems to make sense to me.  But the European and vegetarian perspective appears to be "screw the Iraqis, let em bleed slow.  They are not a concern of we free nations".

Ashamed of you dolts.  Shame!
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2003, 03:17:36 PM »
The Pope was also against the 911 war in Afghanitan.... It's what he does,

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2003, 03:20:25 PM »
BTW trust nothing from http://www.counterpunch.org its has always been a blame america firsts USA hating pice of trash. Every article ever written on it has only shown the USA in a bad light.  They too were against the Afghan war and also called it an illegal im,erialits blah blah oil cheney whatever war.  Its what they do.

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2003, 03:24:16 PM »
Blitz how many Iraqi civilians has Saddam killed?

Research the UN estimates of the number of dead Iraqi  civilians over the past 12  while under Saddams rule.

Research the UN estimates for the number of expected Iraqi civilians deaths over the next 12 years if things remained as they were before the war.

Then go research gulf 1 and look up the number of civilian deaths caused by the allied forces then.

Now research the number of civilians deaths attributed to the coalition so far.

Then tell us who the "humanitarians" are.

You are a blinded hypocrit that is so anti-Bush its pathetic. Regardless of what you think the motives are for this war the fact is the faster the world gets rid of Saddam the fewer Iraqi civilians casulties there will be.

If you are "concerned" for human life and a real "humanitarian" then thing you should support is Regime change in Iraq.

Look up those numbers up before you reply. I could quote umm but I am sure you would say its "propaganda". If you cared 1 bit about Iraqi civilians you would support getting rid of Saddam.

All your anti-American Bush hating has clouded your view of the reality of the conditions in Iraq.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2003, 03:24:24 PM »
So which is it Blitz?

Blitz quote: "You go there as Aggressors without UN permission and 12 years of Un sanctions with 1,5 million iraq people dying didn't help much to win their hearts. "

Blitz quote:"This is exactly why i'm against this war."

By your estimates, over 100,000 people a year are dying in Iraq.  So, if you are against the war, you must be in favor of us staying out of Iraq, which in turn means you are in favor of over 100,000 people a year dying there.

Blitz, you're talking out of both sides of your mouth.. you can't have it both ways.

Tell you what though.. let me set the table for you: What would you do Blitz?  Give us your solution to this mess.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2003, 03:36:26 PM »
Sure ya government can give a crap what I think, but it better SHOULD care what the Pope, the churches, The UN, old friends and the majority of people on this planet has to say them...

LOL, the pope and the churches.

how many folks have that regime killed?

F.

The pope was threatened by pagans in no way, it was just plain ridiculous.