Author Topic: Slaughter at the Bridge of Death  (Read 4020 times)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Slaughter at the Bridge of Death
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2003, 03:39:21 PM »
Originally posted by stegor
Nothing of what you wrote.

Ah, my misunderstanding then.

FWIW, I'm not calloused to the deaths of Iraqi innocents. In fact it  greatly angers me that some Iraqis would create the conditions that will likely result in US troops killing innocents. And not just because of the bad PR but because I do feel for the husbands and wives losing their loved ones and the children losing their parents and the parents losing their children.  I also feel for the US troops that will have to live with this on their conscience.

Why is hard to believe that a leader capable of doing this to his own people is capable of do much worse to others?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2003, 03:40:49 PM »
Originally posted by Furious
LOL, the pope and the churches.

how many folks have that regime killed?

F.

The pope was threatened by pagans in no way, it was just plain ridiculous.

Especially in the region lol.

Seriously, I imagine that the Pope is one guy we don't want supporting a war in the Middle East lol.  Maybe  our Service men could all wear King George's Cross on their Kevlar, and start yelling in latin.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2003, 03:44:02 PM »
Originally posted by funkedup
OMG I'm shocked!  It's almost like they're having a war or something!

LOL yeah, everyone was expecting a party, like most of Gulf War I

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2003, 04:00:57 PM »
if we dont win the PR battle during and after the war we might as well chalk it up to a lose. Unless we roll through baghdad with everyone waving little american flags, we wont look like liberators but the imperialists the world community thinks we are. And dont kid yourself that we are fighting for our freedom when we start wars in other countrys. terrorists are not out to take away our freedom but to kill us for our governments position on isreal. If anything we are fighting to stop more attacks.

Problem is we are fighting this like we are fighting the drug war. We havnt changed our stance on Isreal(one of the big reasons these people hate us so much) ,instead we are trying to destroy countries(like the cartels) that support terrorism. only problem is that like the cartels once we get rid of one it just leaves a bigger market for others to come in. And i for one am not looking forward to perpetual war.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2003, 04:09:13 PM »
Originally posted by AKIron
I doubt there's more than a handful here that would want to be included in a "we" with you.

Roger that!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Rockstar

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2003, 04:12:12 PM »
They may hate us for our stand with Israel but who else will?  Israel has no friends but the U.S.  Everyone in the middle east would just as soon drive them into the sea.  They want Israel destroyed, to them nothing else matters.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2003, 04:14:32 PM »
Thank you Batz. Saved me a bunch of typing. ;)

The Pope, eh? Hey Blitz... how do you feel about the role of the Vatican in that last big genocidal conflict, WW2? How'd you think the Pope did, pretty good or what?

Just remember every time you're out there waving your sign, you're doing your best to keep a genocidal killer in power over helpless, innocent people. Not to mention the 12 years of ignored sanctions that have turned the UN into a meaningless entity. You buddy.. you're helping do all that.

Tell you what, you're a carpenter right? Let's have a race. I'll make a 6 x 6 centimeter miniature wooden tombstone for every innocent Iraqi killed in this conflict and you make one for every innocent Iraqi killed by Hussein and his mininons since Hussein gained power.

I'll bet I get done a long time before you do, and I'm not good at woodwork. :D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2003, 04:16:26 PM »
Originally posted by Rockstar
They may hate us for our stand with Israel but who else will?  Israel has no friends but the U.S.  Everyone in the middle east would just as soon drive them into the sea.  They want Israel destroyed, to them nothing else matters.

Maybe they should start acting friendly, or better yet, civil?

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2003, 04:17:55 PM »
Originally posted by blitz
Sure ya government can give a crap what I think, but it better SHOULD care what the Pope, the churches, The UN, old friends and the majority of people on this planet has to say them.

THEY ARE AGAINST THIS BLOODY WAR AND WANT YOUR GOVERNMENT TO STOP THAT CRAP!

Regards Blitz

America was threatened by Iraq in no way, it was just plain ridiculous.

Nope we dont give a crap about what any of yall think.
If you dont like it you can try to stop us.

ROTFLMAO!

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2003, 04:19:36 PM »
Blitz i don't care what the pope says. And i'm not the rest of the world to.(i'm dutch)

Saddam is a kind of nazi

and Nazi's should be whiped away.

Just that simple

How many people will die to the regime if there is never a war against the regime.??

The war has begun now it has to be finished.

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2003, 04:22:05 PM »
Thank God iraqis use 7.62x39 and 7.62x54R bullets that usually leave clean wounds and allow most wounded to suvive instead of fragmenting projectiles that shred insides of a human body with dozens of pieces and cause devastating, deadly wounds even if the medical help is available.
 Like those M193 and M855 that I use in my rifle...

miko

Offline Rockstar

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2003, 04:54:53 PM »
In what way Animal?  Look at their lifstyle, form of government, freedoms they enjoy, though not perfect compared to surrounding nations I'd say they are very civil, friendly and restrained.   However I do see a nation (Israel) in fear for it's life, threatened from almost every side.

Offline N1kPaz

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2003, 04:59:05 PM »
Dudes...their resistance is futile...they will be assimilated into the peace loving and decent folks of the  world...or they will die!

yes...i like borgs so what :D

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2003, 05:01:59 PM »
Thank God iraqis use 7.62x39 and 7.62x54R bullets that usually leave clean wounds
====

Oh my!  a ballistician no less.

One of the prevailing thoughts on using the 5.56 is that it maims rather than kills its victim outright.  This is a two bladed sword so bear with me and see if you agree.

Blade one: The 5.56 causes wounds that require medical treatment of wounded soldiers on the battlefield.  A wounded soldier requries no less than two soldiers to clear from the battle area.  Therefore three soldiers are disabled from the fight.  This works out nicely if your fighting an organized army the fights with the same ethics as we do.  Never leave a soldier behind etc etc.

Blade two: the 5.56 has been found over and over, time after time to do either one of two things:  Pass so sharply and quickly through the body of the victim so that the combatant doesnt realize instantly that he has been wounded and continues fighting for some time (not good), or requires multiple hits to disable permanently.  Unfortunately, most of the armies or fighting units on the recienving end of the 5.56 dont give a damn  about their wounded.

As far as the AK is concerned.  The way most armies use the AK is as an general assault weapon of uneducated untrained paramilitaries.  That is, they dont take aim and fire.  They tend to shoot large bursts in the direction of the enemy.  Not that this is a bad thing.  Just doesnt tear down the fighting units like one would really want in a fight.  If you watch some of the 101st fighting in the Raq, you will see them taking aim and firing single rounds.  Far better IMO.

Afterthought:
In the battle of Somalia, one of the special forces, I recal a SEAL, insisted on using a rifle chambered in 308.  I think it was a M14 but dont call me on it.  Over and over the soldiers fighting their way out of the Mog were dismayed to see skinnies continue fighting after taking mutiple hits with 5.56 and this guy with the 308 had everyones lust because his rifle, although heavy and unwieldy, was dropping the skinnies flat after a single shots through the midsection.

We fight to live and will prevail against those that fight to die.  Its simple human economics.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2003, 05:10:15 PM by Yeager »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2003, 05:04:10 PM »
Originally posted by miko2d
Thank God iraqis use 7.62x39 and 7.62x54R bullets that usually leave clean wounds and allow most wounded to suvive instead of fragmenting projectiles that shred insides of a human body with dozens of pieces and cause devastating, deadly wounds even if the medical help is available.
 Like those M193 and M855 that I use in my rifle...

miko

What the 5.45 AK74 shipments from the motherland were delayed at syrian customs?