Author Topic: A little birdie told me....  (Read 1746 times)

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
A little birdie told me....
« on: April 02, 2003, 06:44:02 AM »
There are some very interesting changes on the horizon for ***KOTH***.   I am unable to expound currently, but, you are going to be pleasantly surprised at the innovations that are being worked on.  I'll post more in a few days, once I make sure everything will fall into place.

Offline najdorf

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2003, 08:34:49 AM »
Hey Big Max,

Great event.  March was my first KOTH.  Damn, you guys are good.  One kill, one assist and 10 deaths.  Don't worry DIV, my kill on you was a proxy, just flying by while you hit the side of hill.

Can't wait till next month.  Big to anyone able to win a round, Huge to Wildthing for the win.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2003, 09:24:53 AM »
I wish people would read the rules!!! Then read them again so they understand them and not ruin someones night.
Yes, I do mean ruin. I'm still 'somewhat agitated' over fridays event.

fuzeman
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2003, 04:46:50 PM »
Great Naj!, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself...

KOTH takes a few times to really get the feel for it.  I think WldThing said a really brilliant thing Friday night.  He said "It's all about knowing when to engage" which I think is 100% accurate.  When I die early in a round, it's almost always because I got tied up and a third plane enters the melee with advantage...

I can't remember which ace said it, but another quote that really makes sense is "If you are involved in a fair fight, you didn't plan very well".

:D

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2003, 04:47:46 PM »
Originally posted by fuze
I wish people would read the rules!!! Then read them again so they understand them and not ruin someones night.
Yes, I do mean ruin. I'm still 'somewhat agitated' over fridays event.

What has you so stirred up?  I must have missed something.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2003, 02:45:06 AM »
Maybe I just need a thicker skin.
I'll buy a case of Duct tape and wrap myself up in it.

fuzeman
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
New Terrain...
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2003, 10:37:45 AM »
Just to catch everyone up-to-speed:

Several weeks ago, I asked our "Terrain Team" to design a terrain specifically for 'OUR' event.  Last night I got the word that it is very close to completion.  It will have a Beta and evaluation period so it probably won't be ready by October's event, BUT, November could see its inagural run... {Cross your fingers}

P.S.
There is another surprise in the works too... I can't tell you exactly what it is since it isn't approved yet, but I will ask you a question.  Do any of you have any radical ideas for skins?

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2003, 02:48:31 PM »
black planes for a night time koth:D
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
Re: New Terrain...
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2003, 04:13:42 PM »
Originally posted by BigMax
 Do any of you have any radical ideas for skins?

What day is the nov KOTH? New skins hmm I bet I have a good idea what you mean.  2 weeks right ;}
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
Re: Re: New Terrain...
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2003, 07:42:00 PM »
Originally posted by icemaw
What day is the nov KOTH? New skins hmm I bet I have a good idea what you mean.  2 weeks right ;}

I really can't expound other than to say that their won't be a singular theme... Ice, if you are thinking it's tied to AH2, it's not.

My sole thought here is to let the KOTH players get their creative juices flowing, then see their ideas in action...

Prolly said to much already... lol:eek:

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2003, 01:59:27 PM »
Ok this is prolly way to much work to do every month. But how about a billboard area on each plane. On that space write the handle of the previous months KOTH winner. Something like
"Who's your daddy XXX is" Ok stupid maybe but fun.
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2003, 10:10:47 PM »
That would require changing the skins, all of them, every month.  Yep, lotsa work..... But, what if we could get the terrain team to put it on one plane, winner's choice, each month.  Or maybe the one that they won their third round in?

ie ManeTMP (Sep 03)

I don't do terrain & skins, but I think it should be possible...

Offline TracerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2003, 02:28:00 PM »
Yeah BigMax, I like it.  A plane skin with a big Target on it that says shoot here! :p   However, I think you meant one plane TYPE rather than a single plane, cause I would love to see WildThing in a Pink and Yellow Mustang!  Hehe, I know I am a marked man now, so for the sympathetic, send flowers to Over the Hill Mortuary.  Look for WT's logs to end in "Shoots down TracerX in 'Planetype'" every flight next month. :D

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2003, 02:42:13 PM »
Originally posted by tracerx
Yeah BigMax, I like it.  A plane skin with a big Target on it that says shoot here! :p   However, I think you meant one plane TYPE rather than a single plane, cause I would love to see WildThing in a Pink and Yellow Mustang!  Hehe, I know I am a marked man now, so for the sympathetic, send flowers to Over the Hill Mortuary.  Look for WT's logs to end in "Shoots down TracerX in 'Planetype'" every flight next month. :D

I see nothing wrong with a pink and yellow mustang,  i shall be the pimp of the skies in my caddy! :D :p

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2003, 02:51:38 PM »
On a purely fantasy level.......

I really like the skinning aspect in AH; and I really enjoy flying "colours" during events.

In the same way; while it'd never do in the MA or an event; in the DA or DA type events I'd really like to see squad or even individual skins (has anyone seen that FB film of an Italian squad of 190's doing an aerial display?).

I'd hope that some time in the next two to three years I'll be flying in a KOTH event and knowing that the Yak stalling out in front of me is Wildthing's by seeing his "duelling colours" rather a big green sign on his head.

Then I'll shoot him.

(oh well, it's a dream....... :)  )