Author Topic: NY Times....fair and balanced  (Read 220 times)

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
NY Times....fair and balanced
« on: April 02, 2003, 10:49:07 PM »
Hmmm..........  

Former Secretary of State Lawrence Eagleburger revealed late Wednesday that the New York Times recently asked him to write an essay on the Iraq war - but only on the condition that he would be critical of the Bush administration.

"About ten days ago I was approached by the New York Times to write an op-ed piece," Eagleburger told Fox News Channel's "Hannity & Colmes." "When I talked to them about it I was told, 'What we want is criticism of the administration.'"

"They told you that?" asked an incredulous Sean Hannity.

"Yes, right out, flat out," Eagleburger replied. "He told me, 'We want criticism of the administration.'

"Needless to say," the former Secretary of State added, "I did not write the op-ed piece."

Read more on this subject in related Hot Topics:

Media Bias

Editor's note:
"CATASTROPHE" Reveals Bill Clinton’s Role in 9/11 - Click Here to find out more
http://newsmax.com/showinsidecover.shtml?a=2003/4/2/224608

Offline UserName

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2003, 11:04:13 PM »

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2003, 12:39:17 AM »
why the hell would they alter that photograph, it really dosnt portray anything different. makes it slighty more dramatic i guess. oh and you have yours(fox news)

http://www.fair.org/extra/0108/fox-main.html

Former CBS producer Don Dahler resigned from Fox after executive John Moody ordered him to change a story to play down statistics showing a lack of social progress among blacks. (Moody says the change was journalistically justified--New York, 11/17/97.) According to the Columbia Journalism Review (3-4/98), "several" former Fox employees "complained of 'management sticking their fingers' in the writing and editing of stories to cook the facts to make a story more palatable to right-of-center tastes." Said one: "I've worked at a lot of news organizations and never found that kind of manipulation."

and we have ours (the new york times)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2003, 12:53:46 AM by Frogm4n »