Author Topic: Why the Left Loves Osama [and Saddam]  (Read 1917 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Why the Left Loves Osama [and Saddam]
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2003, 04:36:08 AM »
Its funny how you consider people who have allready decided  that no matter what happends the USA will plant any significant WMD evidence to be  people who understand the "true complex nature of democracy and the dichotomies therein."

Sorry KB i just dont cobsider rabit anti-americansim to very democratic or patriotic.

You may disagrre, but I dont care. This country has touched my life 10,000 times more in the past 14 years alone than it has in your whole life- its little wonder thsat you take it for granted.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2003, 04:45:19 AM »
I've found many immigrants that, having lived without the things those of us that are born here begin to take for granted, appreciate and understand the groundstone of America far better than those of us raised under the protection of it's umbrella.

Not all, probably not even a majority, but many.  And those ones that truly get it, probably do more for this country than those of us that spend our lives here, taking advantage of the freedom we are given, without really understanding how lucky we are.

Offline kbman

• Copper Member
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2003, 05:28:40 AM »
Grun,
         That is precisely my point. In a democracy, none of us has the right to tell anyone else to leave because we disagree with their point of view. It is here for everyone to partake of and contribute to and everyone's opinion carries the same weight. I am glad your life has been touched and enriched in the fertile soil of this great land. That you would attempt to deny that ability to anyone who disagrees with you bespeaks your immaturity and misunderstanding of the basic principles of democracy and freedom. America's strength derives from the diversity of it's people from it's founding onward and may it always remain so. I sincerely hope you will grow to understand and accept this fact and refrain from your tendency to attack those who differ from you.

kbman

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2003, 06:17:23 AM »
Originally posted by 10Bears
 Holden McGroin; Lets assume for a minute that the agenda for Project for a New American Century is the correct one.. that is American/British military control all the way from Syria to the western border of China.. Now.. if you were Russian president wouldn’t you be at the very least concerned America would have sole control of the oil spikit? That means any nation that steps out of line their price of oil would jump to the moon. Already we think France will have the highest prices for fuel in the world..

Wow! did I advocate US/UK world domination?  I didn't think so, I thought that I wrote that there is more here to US policy than oil, and oil is indeed a part of the French/German/Russian agenda.

Loïk Le Floch Prigent, a former chief of ELF Aquitane (French Oil Co.) was convicted and is serving time on corruption charges that had something to do with  Elf Aquitaine giving vast amounts of money to the Gaullist party of President Jacques Chirac, and other political leaders / parties.  I call it bribery, they called it 'subvention'.

"Some politicians were not inclined to support our activities in Africa. We had to silence them," said the former Elf CEO. With money, that is. Around five million euros.

French Company which has signed contracts with Saddam?---> Elf

I believe that the opposition to the military option in Iraq was not pure and clean.  That is what I thought[/b] I said.

Another point, non intervention and continuation of sanctions and inspections costs the lives of innocent Iraqis.  According to UNICEF, more than 1.2 million children since Gulf War 1.  So a continuation of Hans Blix looking where Saddam allows is not the most humane policy either.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline blitz

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2003, 06:53:23 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
Lets see:

He basically said

Any WMD found in Iraq will likely be a planted US lie.  He said that America just attacked a country for some other reason and that the reason presented was a lie, so america is a lying evil invader of an innocent country..

Seems to me if thats how he views america then he should pack up and leave, it must be a tererible place for him.

Don't blame America, boy, blame ya government, they alone are responsible for this political mess!

Regards Blitz
« Last Edit: April 06, 2003, 12:01:16 PM by blitz »

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2003, 07:42:03 AM »
Holden can you explain me why you are linking ELF trial about corruption and Saddam ?

Africa is not middle-east if my geography is not too bad :)

This corruption trial must be more compared to the Enron scandal.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2003, 07:56:22 AM »
Originally posted by Torque
Those supertankers can't pole vault to the west coast.

They can't fit through 1914 locks either.  Supertankers need to go around Cape Horn.

So the answer to my question of how much oil for the ousting of Noreiga, is still "zero"

Now where did I put my Bush family conspriacy parody?
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline firbal

• Nickel Member
« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2003, 11:46:26 AM »
I think the the reason is that the left hates Bush more than anything. It doesn't matter if it's right, if Bush is for it, "I'm against it". I haven't seen such hatered for an President since Nixon.
Fireball
39th Fighter Squadron "Cobras in the Clouds"

Offline Erlkonig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2003, 11:56:03 AM »
Originally posted by firbal
I haven't seen such hatered for an President since Nixon.

Were you living under a rock from '92 to '00???

Offline blitz

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2003, 12:00:35 PM »
Originally posted by firbal
I think the the reason is that the left hates Bush more than anything. It doesn't matter if it's right, if Bush is for it, "I'm against it". I haven't seen such hatered for an President since Nixon.

I don't hate him, i love him :)

Don't want to think of the horrible political scenario if he was a little bit smart.

Yet, he is like an open book with the title: "How to miss a barn with a shootgun from 20 feet distance" :D

Regards Blitz

America was threatened by Iraq in no way, it was plain ridiculous- It's a classic "Agression War.

When will this tough little country of Vietnam get that apology?

Americans and Vietnamese have something in common:

Their pride