Author Topic: Well...  (Read 490 times)

Offline Mox

• Copper Member
Well...
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2000, 01:55:00 PM »

Originally posted by Nath-BDP:
I was a PK (Player Killer) which basically meant we went around killing other players, but all the newbies and everyone started to whine and Origin was losing money so they patched the game and everyone good left. They ruined it by making it so that if you killed a certain ammount of players, and then if you died you would instantly lose 25% of your stats and skills, thus making your character a n00ber again.

All we realy cared for was the PvP or Player vs Player combat, which was intense, us PKs usually fought outnumbered against the 'anti pks' and won. We realy didn't care about killing newbies(but we did it at times when we were bored ;p), which is what Origin thought.

So when they patched the game I deleted my account and all that, if I had kept it I could have sold it on ebay for some good $$, but i'm an idiot.

The very best times I've ever had in a PvP enviroment were the early days of UO I still have a lot of those times burned into my brain and still laugh about them to this day!

What server?  I was Mox of Inner Circle on Atlantic in the closed beta and very early pay.  Babamonkey, Thumper, Morbius, Miller, Dr.Stranglove, Darkhosis, Trajen, and many others were the infamous IC (Inner Circle).

Designer Dragon was the one that ruined Ultima Online along with the pressure of the investors for the almighty dollar.  I played closed beta phase 1 of EQ then their designer's ruined it when they decided to cater to the whinners just as UO did.

Both of those games could have been soo much more!

Mox

Nath-BDP

Well...
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2000, 02:16:00 PM »
I came into UO final about the time IC left I think, on Atlantic.

I ran with the The Regulators then, when we had battles around Despise, was fun as toejam I tell ya... never in a game since UO have I actually had my palms sweat.

I never knew IC in-game but i've heard stories of ya's bug abusin. ;p It seems you all quit after they patched the 1 kill magic arrow bug.

Anyway, after they implemented stat-loss and TR broke up the first time, I quit for a while then came back and ran with The Mercs. then joined the 2nd TR, then when TR broke up again, I ran with TM again.

I was Nathaniel/Kep on Atl.

As of now, I just quit playing Rogue Spear about a month ago because of all the cheats, my clan BDP was #1 on the xl2000 RS ladder for about a month, was a fun game before the mods and cheaters took it over. I also played tribes with BDP at the beginning of '99.  Had a breif stint in EQ with TR untill about lvl 16, all I cared for was PKing and making a rep for myself, which I did then quit out of pure bordem, leveling like that aint my thing.

I'm looking forward to Tribes 2, Team fortress 2, Covert Ops, and as for ORPGs, Anarchy Online, UO 2(hopefully their will be a dedicated PVP server this time around and itll be a blast), and Shadowbane. Unfortunatly I'm not in the beta for the latter.

Never thought I'd see a fellow UO PvPer in a WW2 flight sim... its a small world after all.

[This message has been edited by Nath-BDP (edited 09-13-2000).]

-=Silo=-

Well...
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2000, 02:32:00 PM »
Hey Nath, I moved to ATL in Feb. Used to play on Pac (connects were better even though I live in New York... go figure).

Youre right, it was total BS and caving in to newbie cry babies that got 1) Reds sfafted and 2) Thieves nerfed to nothing.

I miss the old days of UO as well. It was actually "fun" roleplaying a thief in those days  . Hunted by Reds and Blues alike. Stealing house keys and getting all D4 PH4T L33WT. RoXXORiNG some Newb with my Hally. Hell, stealing a broadsword from some poor sap then spanking his donut with it.. LOL. **sigh** Those were the days.

I didnt quit though, I just made some new characters and tried other pursuits. I hope Factions will bring back the old "feel" of the UO I once loved.

Offline Mox

• Copper Member
Well...
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2000, 05:37:00 PM »

Originally posted by Nath-BDP:
I came into UO final about the time IC left I think, on Atlantic.
I ran with the The Regulators then, when we had battles around Despise, was fun as toejam I tell ya... never in a game since UO have I actually had my palms sweat.
I never knew IC in-game but i've heard stories of ya's bug abusin. ;p It seems you all quit after they patched the 1 kill magic arrow bug.

Anyway, after they implemented stat-loss and TR broke up the first time, I quit for a while then came back and ran with The Mercs. then joined the 2nd TR, then when TR broke up again, I ran with TM again.
(edited 09-13-2000).]

I used to know a few of the Regulators (like and The Mercs (remember stealing a castle or two from them hehe).  I actually liked most of the Mercs then.

For the record I knew 50% of all of the original IC members personaly and they never used a hack program or any of that toejam we were always accused of.  In fact I played with Thumper and Babamonkey on my dedicated ISDN router WAY back then (they lived next door).  So when you saw one of us the other 2 were there in waiting, hidden of course (GRIN).  Yes I do believe my connection gave us good reaction time because few people had better than a modem back then and I usually could catch anyone (you know they ALL ran when they saw a PK hahaha).  Most of IC is closer to being 30 years old than 20 so we were all not a bunch of kids like most people thought, we were hard core EVIL RP's!  Just typing this makes me think of the game changes that were implemented just because of us, man that brings back some laughs!  

Yes we did do the old snoop bugs and all that toejam just like all the Dreads did so they could go into town.  We never used that UO assist crap.

Here's something that's really funny:  I sent a email to one of the very few people I still know at UO and they checked for me and my main account "Mox" is STILL there with all of his gear and his early stats!  I thought about re-opening it but I heard it's totaly easy now to max out you stats and still no good PvP fights like the old days.
I was one of the few early people that had a magic resist of 100, and I think it's still 99 to this date.

I wish I was in Shadowbane beta too  

Mox

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
Well...
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2000, 08:06:00 AM »
LOL Nath,

Before you explained, I had already guessed that you were a PK'er. It wasn't hard to see the connection in mentality.

Now everything about your behavior in AH  makes perfect sense to me.

I hope you're a lot more mature in person than you are behind a text buffer.

Nath-BDP

Well...
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2000, 08:15:00 AM »

LOL Nath,
Before you explained, I had already guessed that you were a PK'er. It wasn't hard to see the connection in mentality.

Now everything about your behavior in AH makes perfect sense to me.

I hope you're a lot more mature in person than you are behind a text buffer.

Aww... and let me guess, you're a newbie whiner that got out-played and PK'ed a little bit too much? I remember quite a few people from UO who resembled you.
They have no skill but instead try to make up for that by spewing words. :P

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
Well...
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2000, 08:23:00 AM »
Nath,

Getting back to the original topic, don't sweat it.  I've seen how you fight and you'll be fine.  In fact, you should do better, because the new FM allows for more maneuver 'room' within any given e-state.

------------------
leonid, Kompol
5 GIAP VVS-KA, Knights

"Our cause is just.  The enemy will be crushed.  Victory will be ours."
ingame: Raz

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
Well...
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2000, 08:25:00 AM »
Nevermind...

Confucious say "Never argue with a fool, people may not know the difference."

Have a nice life, Nath.

[This message has been edited by banana (edited 09-14-2000).]

Nath-BDP

Well...
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2000, 08:36:00 AM »
You proved my point again.

Just one question, what's your beef with me? I have no idea who you are, except being a CM which i've never seen run an event.

you can email me at nath@zyan.net, im interested in hearing what your problem is...

Nath-BDP

Well...
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2000, 08:40:00 AM »
Hi leo,

Getting back to the original topic, don't sweat it. I've seen how you fight and you'll be fine. In fact, you should do better, because the new FM allows for more maneuver 'room' within any given e-state.

Now that I've played with the new FM I love it... especially in 190A8, I find myself fighting 4 v 1 odds on the deck and making at least 1 or 2 people auger. ;P Its quite challenging, which is what I like.

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
Well...
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2000, 11:32:00 AM »
Welcome back!  

I would told you that I would have told you so, but you seemed to mad at the time when I would have told you.

WTG

------------------
Mino
The Wrecking Crew

"Who's next?"
Naso

funked

Well...
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2000, 12:37:00 PM »
If you guys wanna argue about Dungeons & Dragons or whatever, go to that board please!

Nath-BDP

Well...
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2000, 04:11:00 PM »
Why, this is one thread on a board with 50 other topics, you don't need to click on this one.

kthx