Author Topic: Well...  (Read 489 times)

Nath-BDP

Well...
« on: September 12, 2000, 07:00:00 PM »
I wanted to say that I'm not quitting AH, and with such a major change to the FM, I got excited and overreacted... which I have a history of doing in games since UO, when Origin totally ruined their game for my playing style and I deleted my account, but thats a different story.

My 'Quiting' and 'Keep me in AH...' topics were silly... and with all the excitement over the new FM I never got to thank HTC for such a great new version... so, Thank You HTC, and <S> to Nate and Supa for great art.

As for the flight model, lets start with the fact that I have had no experience in WW2 sims since I played AW2 about 4 years ago, I started playing AH since beta tour 1. Recently, Citabria asked me to DL Warbirds and try the FM offline and see what its like... all I can say now is that AH FM is much better and I take back all the things I said negativly about Aces High FM, I never would have thought aircraft would perform like this in real life, guess I was mistaken.

With such a major change to the flight model, and with all the success I have had with the old FM in the dueling ladder, and in AH in genral, I suppose I was afraid of change and what it would do to my playing style.

Later,

------------------
BEAT DOWN POSSE
 www.theregulators.org/bdp

Aces High Scenario Corps

[This message has been edited by Nath-BDP (edited 09-12-2000).]

funked

Well...
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2000, 07:07:00 PM »
Your flying style may have to change, but cream always rises to the top.  

Offline tshred

• Copper Member
Well...
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2000, 07:17:00 PM »
And with age comes patience and wisdom, or so they say  . I'm getting old and losing my patience waiting for the wisdom!

Well said Nath, won't be long before your back in the 'groove'.

ts

Offline TRiMmer

• Copper Member
Well...
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2000, 08:25:00 PM »
Nath,

Well said! Glad your not leaving....cya up.  

trm

Offline wells

• Copper Member
Well...
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2000, 08:35:00 PM »
Good One,

Sorry I bashed you in the other thread

Offline kbman

• Copper Member
Well...
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2000, 08:52:00 PM »
NATH I think you must have put ALOT of sage in that humble pie...doesnt taste so great but it's really nutritious <S> cya up!!

kbman

Offline Sharky

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.31stfightergroup.com
Well...
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2000, 09:03:00 PM »
Nath,

That took a lotta guts <S>

Sharky

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Well...
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2000, 09:07:00 PM »
What wells said, It'll just take some getting used to. You'll just have to relearn some stuff, no big deal. Young guys like you learn faster than us old farts anyways...

Offline By-Tor

• Zinc Member
Well...
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2000, 09:17:00 PM »
 Gutsy move...gets you a clean slate in my book

AKSeaWulfe

Well...
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2000, 09:18:00 PM »
Hey Tagert, if you read this(udie send him this way).. doesn't this thread remind you of someone from a few years back?

-SW

Ice

Well...
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2000, 09:19:00 AM »
I knew ya had it in ya Nath

Dont sweat it....It will be my turn to overreact to somthing soon I'm sure...prolly to something RAM says

<S>

I'm Out!

Offline Rooster

• Copper Member
Well...
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2000, 09:29:00 AM »
yer still a twit

Offline -duma-

• Zinc Member
Well...
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2000, 12:17:00 PM »

Originally posted by Nath-BDP:
I have a history of doing in games since UO, when Origin totally ruined their game for my playing style and I deleted my account, but thats a different story.

Let me guess, you were a fisherman? Damn undermodelled lures  

RPGs are funny old things. I still remember making fun of hardcore roleplayers back in a few week long trials of Meridian 59 (Think this was about 1995) as Jack The Necrophiliac.

Luckily WarBirds saved me  

Nath-BDP

Well...
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2000, 01:21:00 PM »
I was a PK (Player Killer) which basically meant we went around killing other players, but all the newbies and everyone started to whine and Origin was losing money so they patched the game and everyone good left. They ruined it by making it so that if you killed a certain ammount of players, and then if you died you would instantly lose 25% of your stats and skills, thus making your character a n00ber again.

All we realy cared for was the PvP or Player vs Player combat, which was intense, us PKs usually fought outnumbered against the 'anti pks' and won. We realy didn't care about killing newbies(but we did it at times when we were bored ;p), which is what Origin thought.

So when they patched the game I deleted my account and all that, if I had kept it I could have sold it on ebay for some good $$, but i'm an idiot.

Offline Mox

• Copper Member
Well...
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2000, 01:54:00 PM »
delete please

[This message has been edited by Mox (edited 09-13-2000).]