Author Topic: Commuting  (Read 508 times)

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Commuting
« on: April 14, 2003, 02:06:10 AM »
What is it with the huge non fighting flights ? I've seen this from time to time, mostly on week ends...

Country A sends a big flock of fighters to an undefended enemy field. flatten it, Cap for 15 minutes (4-5 vulches before the nme realises he's undervulched) capture it. Country B sends a similar flock of birds to one of country A's undefended fields...

both flights cross each other no further than one sector appart. No, or very little fighting is done. I logged off yesterday, as the only options offered were:

Milkrun
Vulch (a little)
Get Vulched

What is more fun in hitting a static, non dangerous target than having a nice knifefight with aproximately the same number of oponents ?

Or am I getting it all wrong, and this is turning into "MS FS High" ?
I know the dusk/dawns are nice to look at but geeeez....
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
Re: Commuting
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2003, 05:53:46 AM »
Originally posted by Saintaw
What is more fun in hitting a static, non dangerous target than having a nice knifefight with aproximately the same number of oponents ?

[Bish mode ON] Piling no less than 20 planes, and subsequently suiciding on a non-dangerous target killing all defenders by mean of own plane's blast radius[Bish mode OFF] :D

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Commuting
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2003, 06:47:09 AM »
Tu as pensé au covoiturage ?

hips ! (j'aurais pas du reprendre de pinard ce midi :D)

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
Commuting
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2003, 09:21:51 PM »
Getting boring my book.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
Commuting
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2003, 09:45:41 PM »
Oh....forgot.   If you're Bish generally only fights that can be found are where the hordes are.  So Wilbuz, Apar and I decided to go to the DA and just play.......was fun.  Also a great alternative to the mass take base game in the MA.

It would be a good idea imho to make it more difficult to take a base.  GV spawn points can be eliminated and a GV area for battles as in the trinity map in all terrains would suit the armour freaks.

This is Aces High.....never knew M3s and Panzers had wings.

Roger Dodger...over and out okie dokey
- The Flying Circus -

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Commuting
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2003, 10:17:40 PM »
We launch tonight sweep of fighters.
This time perk ride tempest
Even dweeb la7 runn away when saw 5 tempest's in right formation passig over at 20k;)
We cap one of bish fields, its hard to keep  stady formation when many easy targets passing below:)
We spot a 20 raid/mission/? I send 3 to intercept low and keep pair  high as cover. When we kill all a20 and play a while with starting la7's all head south of field to form up.
Single high pony try to attack last of rejoining battle planes.
But was easy intercepted by covering planes. We take small battle near our cv and head home.

this is best funn for me,

ramzey

Offline niknah

• Zinc Member
Commuting
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2003, 03:24:35 AM »
this behaviour comes from experience, people in all countries learnt that if you up from a field with a big red dar bar approaching & no friendly dar bar, it's almost as useless as getting vulched, this is especially true during the busy hours.
So no one gets up, and the friendly dar bar stays low, so no one else ups.

I have a suggestion: maybe make it so that you can only take off from the same field(or a close by field) that you last landed/took off from, that way everyone's spreaded more evenly across the map.

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
Commuting
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2003, 11:15:16 PM »
There is nothing greater than intercepting a mass raid from a good high perch.  Myself and two squaddies intercepted a Bish typh raid a few weeks back.  Bagged 15 between the 3 of us, including the 2 goons they had with them.  Why wait for a horde of countrymen to come and steal your kills?  Get some alt and bounce the enemy pack as they come in, great fun... :)

Offline mia389

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Commuting
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2003, 05:35:28 AM »
Welcome to AH Gangbang or get banged...or fly a bomber wich is quite fun if not on trinity.... or gv somewhere LIKE tank town

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Commuting
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2003, 07:53:32 AM »
Bring air combat back to AH!!!

closer fields and more CV's equal.... more fighting.

Late war centric maps equal.... More hiding from any decent fights.  "it's like the real war man"
lazs

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Commuting
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2003, 08:07:54 AM »
is that not depends from players only?:D

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
Commuting
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2003, 08:12:14 AM »
Originally posted by ramzey
We launch tonight sweep of fighters.
This time perk ride tempest
Even dweeb la7 runn away when saw 5 tempest's in right formation passig over at 20k;)
We cap one of bish fields, its hard to keep  stady formation when many easy targets passing below:)
We spot a 20 raid/mission/? I send 3 to intercept low and keep pair  high as cover. When we kill all a20 and play a while with starting la7's all head south of field to form up.
Single high pony try to attack last of rejoining battle planes.
But was easy intercepted by covering planes. We take small battle near our cv and head home.

this is best funn for me,

ramzey

while you did that...I whacked your cruiser.....whacked your CV got me 11 PT boat kills......porked your fuel at the big base....got me 5 kills in my hell kitty.....

I understand what you mean saintaw.....I make my own fun.....like bringing my mossie to a knife fight.....now thats a challenge...yet I land many kills in it......find your own fun instead

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Commuting
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2003, 08:22:16 AM »
somone care about starategy here? lol:D

Offline AaronGT

• Zinc Member
Commuting
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2003, 10:58:12 AM »
If I'm in a formation of jabos going
to do a mission, it isn't my job to
jettison my ordnance and intercept
a raid. It's my job to alert base to the
raid, radioing in as much information
as possible, and let them put up
an intercept!

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Commuting
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2003, 12:19:37 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
Bring air combat back to AH!!!

closer fields and more CV's equal.... more fighting.

Agreed. We need more ports so we can have more carriers.  Seafires, Zeros, FM-2s, Hellcats, and Corsairs are great planes that are horribly underutilized because they can't compete against the LA-7s, Spit IXs, P-51Ds, N1k2s, and Yak9Us.  We need more carrier-vs-carrier fights!