Author Topic: Rodney King  (Read 3105 times)

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Rodney King
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2003, 07:34:25 PM »
Originally posted by osage
Oh yeah,

I'm sposed to say something about the topic.

King was under the influence of lots of drugs and alcohol.

It looks real nice when he's all sober and urging people to "just get along."

The beatdown was fully justified.  Rodney took a taser and still fought like a wild man.

Long ago, I was busted by NYC cops when in wildman mode.  Broke one's nose and got more in return.

It doesn't matter if you are black or white.  They will beat you down just the same if you act like a wild man.  Equal opportunity.

I have a scar on my chin from getting slammed into a wall when handcuffed, but I still support the cops that beat down King.

Won a suit against the city though :)

What were you arrested for, and what was the docket #?
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Rodney King
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2003, 09:42:47 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Whooo eeeee!

The white sheets are back from the cleaners I see.

Gotta love the race card when it's played... guess you think the white folk are too blame for slavery too ya revisionist bastard!

:rolleyes:
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Rodney King
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2003, 04:37:12 AM »
It's nice to see so many support what I call 'situational justice'.

Meaning if you really want to do something, it really isn't illegal because the rules don't apply equally to everyone all the time.

Fills me with hope and admiration for my fellow man as well as with respect for the judicial system.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Rodney King
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2003, 08:38:27 AM »
most of the beating was more than justified... it went on too long tho if you consider that they were police.  If it were a private citizen beating poor harmless rodney then I would say that it didn't go on long enough.  

L.A. has had to rent an empty  warehouse to hold all the looted goods that are being returned by looters ashamed of rodney.
lazs

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Rodney King
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2003, 05:03:51 PM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
Gotta love the race card when it's played... guess you think the white folk are too blame for slavery too ya revisionist bastard!

:rolleyes:

You are a funny little man Bohdi...

Putting words into my mouth then telling me I'm wrong for saying them.. thats rich.

But just to ease your mind a little....

"White folks" aren't too blame for slavery, but some dead white folks are, along with some dead African folks. Now go back to your meetin bubba.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2003, 05:11:56 PM by midnight Target »

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Rodney King
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2003, 05:11:02 PM »
MT how come you are so insensitve and call other human beings by derogatory titles like "Bubba."

Did you miss the last mandatory california comrade citizen sensitivity workshop? :D

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Rodney King
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2003, 05:21:06 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
MT how come you are so insensitve and call other human beings by derogatory titles like "Bubba."

Did you miss the last mandatory california comrade citizen sensitivity workshop? :D

Dammmit! When was that... Can I get your notes?

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
Rodney King
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2003, 07:10:31 PM »
Here comes MT and his "piano theory"
:)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Rodney King
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2003, 12:08:15 PM »
I've revised it....

There is a black man and a white man. The white man drops a piano on the black man......

everyone say's how sorry they are, but secretly think it is the black man's fault for standing under the piano.

I hope that clarifies things for ya ...

:p

Offline -Concho-

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Rodney King
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2003, 12:14:53 PM »
I belive Rodney beat the hell out of a cop (female i think) and choked them down before the cavalry arrived.  

choking a cop alone will get you an bellybutton beating around here...  but this is the wild west too.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
Rodney King
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2003, 01:16:33 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
I've revised it....

There is a black man and a white man. The white man drops a piano on the black man......

...And the black man is charged with posession of a stolen piano, and is sentanced under three strikes to life in prison....

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
Rodney King
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2003, 01:34:47 PM »
Originally posted by -Concho-
I belive Rodney beat the hell out of a cop (female i think) and choked them down before the cavalry arrived.  

choking a cop alone will get you an bellybutton beating around here...  but this is the wild west too.

Concho, this is why I believe our peace officers should have to dress up in clown costumes, ride unicycles and be armed with nothing more dangerous than joy buzzers and cream pies.

Had the LAPD adopted this dress code policy then Rodney King would have suffered nothing more serious than cream filling in his eyes.

Offline -Concho-

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Rodney King
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2003, 02:18:52 PM »
lol

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
Rodney King
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2003, 03:02:45 PM »

choking a cop alone will get you an bellybutton beating around here... but this is the wild west too.

I often wonder why it's considered ok for cops to get revenge when someone hurts them or theirs.  but the rest of us are suposed to trust in the justice system to handle it.

you fight a cop and win other cops will arive and beat your ass, no trial before punishment, no legal representation. just beat your ass, then arrest you and take you in for trial.

but if someone jumps my brother, son or whatever and I get my hands on them, and beat their ass. then I end up locked up for assault.  I'm suposed to have faith in a system that has no faith in it's self.

cops should be expected to have more self controle than your average 'man on the streets' not a free excuse not to follow the same rules as the rest of us.

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Rodney King
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2003, 03:14:06 PM »
For those that say the beating was justified, would you say the same if it was a family member or friend of yours in Rodney's place? How about if it was you getting beat up?

Taken from:

Los Angeles Police Officer's Trial Page

Second-by-Second Account:
0:00 King begins to get up from his hands and knees.  
0:02 King is up and charges in the direction of Powell.  
0:03 Powell hits King in the shoulder area with his baton and King falls on his face.  
0:04-0:14 Video out of focus.  King hit by numerous blows from Powell to various parts of his body--probably including one blow to the head.  
0:14-0:17 Video clears.  King is on his stomach. No blows are struck.  
0:17 Powell has baton raised and appears ready to strike King.  Briseno puts his hand in front of Powell.  
0:20 King is rising.  Powell strikes King in arms and chest.  
0:21 Wind strikes King near buttocks.  
0:23 After Powell strikes King in upper chest, King topples over and turns.  
0:25-0:26 Powell strikes King in arm and shoulder area.  
0:27-0:28 Powell strikes King in back while King attempts to rise.  
0:30 Powell hits King in left arm as King rises from his knees.  
0:31 Wind swings at King as King begins to fall.  
0:32 King falls.  His face appears to hit asphalt.  
0:33 Powell strikes King on knee, while Wind hits King in shoulder.  
0:34-0:40 King's head his up.  Powell and Wind deliver hard blows to King's back, buttocks, and thighs.  
0:41 King rolls to left and noodles right leg.  
0:43 After two-second break, officers resume force, striking King's legs.  
0:44 King lifts his upper torso.  
0:45-0:47 Powell strikes King's ankle while Wind strikes his back.  
0:51 King rolls on ground while Koon puts arms in form of cross, showing the position he wants King to assume.  
0:54 King, on his back, noodles his left leg.  
0:56-0:58 King rolls as Powell strikes his hand.  
1:02-1:04  Powell reaches for his handcuffs.  
1:04-1:06 King raises his torso.  Briseno stomps on Kings shoulder and Kings head hits asphalt.  
1:08-1:09 Briseno points to King. Powell and Wind strike King's right arm.  
1:10 King is on his hands and knees.  
1:12-1:13 Wind strikes King's back three times.  
1:16 Powell strikes King's left arm.  
1:17-1:21 Wind delivers three kicks to King's shoulder and back area.  
1:21 Video back in focus.  Powell swings at King.  
1:25 King is sitting on his calfs.  Koon is pointing at King.  
1:30 King puts his hands on his head.  
1:35 Briseno begins handcuffing King.  
1:43 King is put in handcuffs after officers.
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell