Author Topic: Offline Bomb marker  (Read 603 times)

Offline BadRad1

• Zinc Member
Offline Bomb marker
« on: April 18, 2003, 01:28:33 PM »
During offline practice, I used to be able to get a green "X" showing me where my bombs (or rockets) were going to hit. but I don't remember how to set this up. Could somebody help me out with this?  Thanks,,,

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Offline Bomb marker
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2003, 02:25:02 PM »
Click Setup on Clipboard, then Arena Settings and FlightModeFlags - you will find the precision bombsight there.  Make sure it is selected.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline BadRad1

• Zinc Member
Offline Bomb marker
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2003, 07:55:07 PM »
Thanks Flossy !! Greatly Appreciated !:)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Offline Bomb marker
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2003, 12:31:16 PM »
Sticking my nose where it might not be wanted...
Doesn't the 'Precision Bomb Sight' eliminate the calibration required and get you back to the old 'Bomb in the Pickle barrel from 35k feet' with no green + involved?
Isn't it the 'Dive Bomb Sight' that gives you the green arrow and requires calibration? I know your not dive bombing with B17s or Lancs but it effects those bombsights.
[ OK I'll shaddup and crawl back under my rock. ]

fuzeman
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline xHaMmeRx

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.netaces.org
Offline Bomb marker
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2003, 09:00:27 PM »
fuze,

The 'precision" site is excellent for seeing how you did in calibration.   In the TA or off-line, go through the normal calibration settings.  Once you exit calibration mode, you can see how far off your calibration (the black cross-hairs) is from the bomb's actual point of impact (the green cross-hairs).  Keep working at it until you get it right!

Hammer
netAces.org - Info, Tactics, and More!

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Offline Bomb marker
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2003, 02:15:12 AM »
Originally posted by fuze
Sticking my nose where it might not be wanted...
Doesn't the 'Precision Bomb Sight' eliminate the calibration required and get you back to the old 'Bomb in the Pickle barrel from 35k feet' with no green + involved?
No, that bombsight simply doesn't exist anymore.  All it does is show a cross where the bombs will hit.  ;)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Offline Bomb marker
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2003, 04:02:04 AM »
Something wacky on my system then, I guess.
When I check 'Precision Bombsight' I do NOT get a green + that shows where my bombs will impact. Also, when I go into the bombsight and hit U to calibrate, my joystick will not move the + at all to allow calibration. My bombs hit directly on the black + with no input or calibration from me, 'pickle barrel bombing.'
When I hit 'Dive Bombsight' I do get a green + that shows the impact point and they hit the green + and not the black + and I can go into calibration mode and calibrate the way we do now. My bombs impact on the green + not the black + and I do see how accurate my calibration was by viewing the distance between the black and green +s.
I just checked all this offline so I'll stand by my first post.
I sure don't want to start a conTROVersy.

fuzeman
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Offline Bomb marker
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2003, 03:44:23 PM »
Something wacky on my system then, I guess.

fuzeman

Nah Fuze you've got it right. Flossy gave the right directions to bring up the dialog box, but you're right--you want the *dive bomb sight* turned on (that gives the green X) to check your calibration. All the *precision bomb sight* does is bypass all the calibration rigamaroll and your bombs hit where the crosshairs are just like in the olden days of AH. I'm guessing you shouldn't be able to go into calibration mode with that turned on. Make sense?

Drano
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Offline Bomb marker
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2003, 03:58:05 PM »
Only thing that makes cents to me is when I find two pennies.
Otherwise I'm in a permanent state of confusion, and getting more so.

namezuf <--

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Offline Bomb marker
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2003, 04:49:13 PM »
OK, just checked offline and you are right, Fuzeman.  :o  I was simply seeing the calibration instructions in the top left corner and presumed it was the new bombsight.  I hadn't realised it was still possible, and thought it just meant you got the green cross as confirmation.  I stand corrected.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Offline Bomb marker
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2003, 03:42:06 AM »
I best crawl back under my rock.
Bad karma is a definate result of pointing out a mistake to a Guru.
Well .... not a mistake but maybe an area where clarification was in order.

[thud] ok, all covered up

fuzeman

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Offline Bomb marker
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2003, 04:51:42 AM »
I best crawl back under my rock.
Bad karma is a definate result of pointing out a mistake to a Guru.
Well .... not a mistake but maybe an area where clarification was in order.

[thud] ok, all covered up
LOL!  :D Well, as I always say, "Pobody's Nerfect!" and I must admit there are some settings I have never really fiddled with - that was one of them.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline BadRad1

• Zinc Member
Offline Bomb marker
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2003, 12:47:39 AM »
Hey Gang ! :)  Ya, I just did a lot of off-line practicing today and you are right fuze. Between you, Flossy, Drano, and xHaMmerx, you were all right ! :D  Flossy helped me with finding where it was at in the arena set-up, (FlightModeFlags). And yea, I had the precision, and the Dive Bomb sight checked at the same time and I had a "Green on Black" "+". When I went to calibrate, nothing happeden,(Bombsight was not moving) But I Dropped Right on target when the crosshairs were on target. Then I unchecked the "Precision" bomb sight, and had to calibrate this time and I was able to tell how far off I was to the Green "+".  Great healp from all !! Thanks ! :)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Offline Bomb marker
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2003, 01:32:39 AM »
Originally posted by BadRad1
you are right fuze.

I'm not all right... I'm half right and half left.
Or is it 1/6th right, 1/6th left, 1/6th top, 1/6th bottom, 1/6th front, and 1/6th back.
Ohhhh shaddup fuzeman!!

fuzeman