Author Topic: Hussein has obtained safe haven in Belarus,  (Read 397 times)

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
Hussein has obtained safe haven in Belarus,
« on: April 26, 2003, 01:18:39 PM »
Has this been posted?.. I didn't see it.

SPECIAL TO WORLD TRIBUNE.COM
Friday, April 25, 2003
Iraqi President Saddam Hussein has obtained safe haven in Belarus, several intelligence agencies believe.

Western intelligence sources said several intelligence agencies in the Middle East and Europe base this assessment on new information about a March 29 flight from Baghdad to Minsk. They said the flight of a chartered cargo plane could have transported Saddam, his sons and much of his family to Belarus.

"There's no proof that Saddam was on the plane but we have proof that a plane left on that day from Baghdad airport and arrived in Minsk," a senior intelligence source said. "If you can think of anybody else who could obtain permission to fly out of Baghdad in the middle of a war, then please tell me." ..>> more
http://216.26.163.62/2003/me_iraq_04_25.html

Hmmm wow!

Some in Russia's military establishment still appear reluctant to accept the sweeping military verdict in Iraq. "I think American dollars won the war, it was not a military victory," says Gen. Makhmut Gareyev, president of the official Academy of Military Sciences in Moscow. "The Americans bought the Iraqi military leadership with dollars. One can only envy a state that is so rich."
http://www.csmonitor.com/2003/0416/p06s01-woiq.html
CIA's Golden Victory - US Bribed Iraqi Military Leaders
The Express - London, UK
4-18-3
Republican Guard generals betrayed Saddam Hussein in return for huge payments in cash and gold, it emerged last night. In so doing, they allowed the Allies to seize Baghdad virtually without a fight.
The teams carried suitcases full of gold bullion, US dollars, Swiss francs and euros to buy off regime leaders, and threatened to kill those who refused to cooperate.
The same techniques had been refined in Afghanistan where Operation Jawbreaker led to the defection of senior warlords.
They then cut a secret deal...
They only discovered the betrayal when US forces passed Karbala in the "red zone" around Baghdad.
US commanders have been unable to show any pictures of Republican Guard troops and their equipment destroyed in the advance. Yesterday US Brigadier-General Vince Brooks said he was "not aware" of the deal with Sufyan, but he admitted: "We know there are a number of military formations that chose not to fight for the regime.
"We do deal with leaders that are out there - either local leaders, tribal leaders or in some cases military leaders."
He hinted that those who had cooperated with the coalition may not lose their jobs.
"There will be former military members who will have a role to play in a future Iraq, " he said.
Maher Sufyan is not included in the "deck of cards" handed to Allied troops to help them hunt down the Iraqi regime leaders. Popular Information Minister Mohammed Saeed Al Sahaf, nicknamed Comical Ali, is not on the list either...
http://www.rense.com/general37/hej.htm
http://www.express.co.uk"/
After the occupation of Saddam International Airport, Republican Guards of the top echelon should arrive at the airport so that they could be transported away. If that proved impossible, a place should be agreed upon where an Apache helicopter or two could land somewhere near Baghdad in order to transport them away.
Some commanders of the second echelon should secure themselves within the Iraqi Republican Palace adjacent to the Airport. American forces would fire some shells at it in order to announce that they had taken it, then American forces would transfer them to the airport.
Orders should be issued to the commanders of the Second Echelon of the Republican Guard not to resist and to lay down their weapons, together with promises of their safety, and that of their families, and they would be transported to secure locations. In turn they were to issue orders to those of lower rank in their commands not to put up resistance. The Republican Guard's first echelon used a deception to get lower ranks to accept such an order by telling them that the resistance would be carried on secretly in accordance with a plan prepared by the Iraqi leadership to protract the war and catch the American forces in a trap that had been laid for them. This trick was used on the lower ranking commanders of the Republican Guard.
First and Second echelon commanders of the Republican Guard would be given sums of money in dollars as a down payment to guarantee the implementation of the agreement.
http://www.scoop.co.nz/mason/stories/HL0304/S00175.htm

Man! this is like watching a James Bond movie..

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2003, 01:22:11 PM »
Surely the Russians are not THAT stupid.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2003, 01:25:10 PM »
Sorry this should've been two seperate threads.. my bad.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2003, 03:42:22 PM »
Yeah, http://www.debka.com said he bugged out of Baghdad by air way back on April 2. A few days later they said he went to Belarus.

Sometimes those guys are right on and sometimes they miss by two miles.

Be interesting to see. If he went to Belarus, someone will eventually squeal on him for the money.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2003, 03:45:50 PM »
i thought saddam fled to paraguay with the rest of the nazis?

Offline blitz

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2003, 03:49:34 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
i thought saddam fled to paraguay with the rest of the nazis?

No, no, Oil-err-Rumsfeld won't led down old friends. Saddam is sitting in florida as a resident :D

Regards Blitz

America was threatened by Iraq in no way, it was just plain ridiculous

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2003, 04:05:08 PM »
Those Iraqi Generals were sure dumb to be bought off for a few million when there were sheds full of 100s of millions just sitting to be taken.

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2003, 10:08:16 PM »
So Pongo, the folks moving in to the house down the street could be a former Iraqi Republican Guard General and his family...

Now he’s just a Republican.

I guess I don’t have a problem with it.. he being a General is from an upper class.. I’m sure the yard and house would be kept up. The lawn would be mowed. Bet he has some very interesting stories.