Author Topic: Question for the experts.  (Read 322 times)

Offline Cmano

• Zinc Member
Question for the experts.
« on: May 03, 2003, 06:13:15 PM »
Hi all,
I'm just getting into the flight/combat sim genre.  Basically I purchased IL2 FB, and downloaded AH simultaneously.  Which of the two is more realistic as it relates to real WWII Air combat?  Like I said, I'm new to this so I really don't know much about flight physics, ballistics, etc.  Also, is there a way to request a trainer after my 2 week trial is up?  I really need some help, since I'm quite often shot down before I even fire a shot. :)   Anyway, thanks for any advice/info in advance.  See you in the skies.

CMano
« Last Edit: May 04, 2003, 08:18:14 AM by Cmano »

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2003, 11:02:02 PM »
AH2???
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Cooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2003, 02:21:02 AM »
For Gameplay,,AH has alot of pilots and fun game features
great events with nice historical maps,,,but IMO the main arena is about as far as u can get from a ww2 sim, fantasy terrains and constant cryin on radio chan,,,great customer service and good future ahead though

Il2 is awesome,,amazing graphics, but limited to small servers and pretty demanding on the box

Warbirds has the best events IMO,,,but poor "day to day" arena.
they seem to be more focused on ww2 match ups with Axis/Allied split,
and a rolling plane set,,but almost twice the price as AH and less then 10% of the AH #s,,,lots of box tweakin to get set up also

I like all of em,

AH and the old WB 2.77 are what i have on the box now
(even though very low #s in 2.77, it makes for some great  1 on 1's and i get to fly the Ki-84 for a week a TOD):D

my .02
Cooleyof 367th

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2003, 03:08:10 AM »
When it comes to interacting with several hundred other people logged on simultaneously as you, with FMs that are pretty good compared to IL2 (as far as challenging) AH has IL2 beat squarely.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2003, 06:19:53 AM »
Hi,

Its bit difficult to compare these two just like that.

Aces High
Massive Online multiplay Game with monthly fee. Stabil 24/7 arenas are aviable about all the time and hundress of players same time in huge arena. Each arena have certain setup&rules which are same everytime you login to the arena ie host is not cheating.  

AH is not plane cockpit simulation and inside every plane looks basicly the same. Generally very simple to fly.

AH have been in market a ages . S!

IL2FB
Boxed HC sim OR arcade shoot-em-up  game with limited online multiplay. Players can creat their own host with setups&rules as they want. I gues cheating is much more common.

IL2FB planes have a unic cockpits and complex engine managment can give more simulation than AH ever (if wanted).

IL2FB is just out and first pacth is just about coming (I hope).

AH is great online aircombat game and IL2FB can be HC simulation. Both are very good and no are perfect...yet:)

(edit)

Ooops! Im not expert :D

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2003, 08:42:20 AM »
Stop by the training arena if your looking for help.

Ren, Chenault, Soda, Hammer all good on
mid level to advanced ACM.

If you need help with the basics, that would be my dept.

Or there is an email link on the HTC site.