Author Topic: Why am I a knight  (Read 1354 times)

Offline mia389

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Why am I a knight
« on: May 08, 2003, 01:25:35 AM »
someone help me here, I ask why am I knight when everywhere I go I get gang banged. I went bish 2 weeks ago and got to be on the other end of it. Maybe Im a knight cause I like the challenge,but if I like the challenge why do I always squeak about being ganged and bounced? Damn HTC giving me issues. Knights why do we stay knight? or why do you stay comited to wich ever country you fly for

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
Why am I a knight
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2003, 02:09:58 AM »
Don't sweat on it, mia, It's a gradual process.

Once you are tough enough to stay Knit regularly you may start thinking on flying for Rookland, where go gets real tough!  :D

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Why am I a knight
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2003, 04:50:47 AM »
Because knights like target rich environments.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
Why am I a knight
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2003, 05:22:19 AM »
Pretty rich. :)  The knights had awesome numbers for well over six months in a row; the bish were in the middle and the rook numbers were in the toilet.

For the last two weeks or so, rook numbers have been excellent with bish again in the #2 spot.  The knight numbers have been in the toilet.

And you guys are already whining? Oh my. :D

All number observations are evening CST.

curly

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Why am I a knight
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2003, 05:33:22 AM »
Personally I consider it a good thing Curly, I like it alot.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline mia389

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Why am I a knight
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2003, 06:57:53 AM »
I have noticed this latly. I swear knights and rooks have guys that jump back and forth. Rooks dont need numbers they just travel in a giant pack. Yesterday they didnt have anything for numbers but 80% of them were vulchin same base for a hour lol. Bish double knights in day hours. Once a great while for 2hours at night knights will have the numbers and usally when the arrena is at its peak levels.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Why am I rook?
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2003, 07:03:13 AM »
I get to shoot at that swabbie hippy (Wilbuz) once in a while :D
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Tuborg

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.localeyes.dk
Why am I a knight
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2003, 07:10:09 AM »
Well, I am a former  knight, and i must say, you  whoopee deserve it!! It is us Rocks who fight the lame Priests, and you just sit there and stab us in the back. Shame on you!! The difference is, we are devoted Bish haters, but you just sit back and akt as the wind blows...:p
« Last Edit: May 08, 2003, 07:19:26 AM by Tuborg »

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Why am I a knight
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2003, 08:05:09 AM »
Perhaps squads who rotate countries contribute to the skewed numbers. When The Damned made the en masse pilgrimage from AW to AH back in early '91, we set-up shop in Bishland for a few months.  Soon after it became apparent that Knights suffered from low numbers so we moved in hopes of balancing the sides.
To this day, The Damned remain Knights, for this reason.

Maybe it would help if those squads to rotate countries, had some advance knowledge of who's moving where. If the rotating squads were willing to adjust according to numbers, it might help kepp sides better balanced.

I realize, the logistics of pulling that off are considerable but it might be worth a try.

DmdMax
The Damned

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Why am I a knight
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2003, 09:19:08 AM »
The III/Jabostaffel started as Knits 1 & 1/2 years ago. There was alot of frustration with the "mini hitler's" and stuff that culminated with A12 on MINDANAO map being taken (a MAJOR problem on that map); and we (the Jabo's) being the only ones trying to get it back. This was a day or 2 from the end of the tour and we collectively decided to switch to another country.

Being *Devoted Bish Haters ;) we went to Rooks. We were not happy about leaving so many of our "friends" behind, let alone a part of our squad that re-formed their AW squad.. the III/JG.26 Widowmakers. These were our BUDS... we couldn't shoot them down :(, but thats what it came to. We had to move on.

After the switch we meet a few good squads and few good friends. They introduced us to RJO. Even though I personally HATED (and am glad noone does it any more!) the whole "you Roooooook Marvelous" thing, we still were impressed with the way the Rooks worked together. Now with any group there are confrontations and disagreements, but you live with these minor squabbles. Just like any of the 3 countries here in AH there are times you won't get a "check 6" or something, but overall we the III/Jabostaffel feel like we're home here with the Rooks.

It has been almost a year we have been Rooks, and are glad to have the stability and respect of staying with 1 country. We were here during the TERRIBLE numbers issue when the Rooks were outnumbered sometimes 6-1 during Prime Time. That lasted about 2 or 3 months, and we stuck it out. I think the other Rooks that did all have a bit of extra respect for each other. We know who the "fair weather fans" are, and are proud not to be one.

You can go on and on about how this is "just a game", and to some it might be. To a few of us though it is much more. It can be a lifestyle almost. You get to be another person here. If you are timid and shy in real life you can be a boisterous stunninghunk here and noone will know the difference. You can totally change anything you want. Be the opposite of yourself just to see what it's like. Whatever you want. It's a "community" we all choose to be a part of for some reason or another. There are relationships made and broken. There are victories and losses, and it's all about who you are comfortable with being around during these highs and lows. It might take some trial and error to find that group in AH... but once you do it makes this "game" that much more enjoyable.

We the III/Jabostaffel found our home with the Rooks. It's a great thing for us. we are happy and our comrades are glad we are here (we hope ;) ). As for why you fly for Knits or Bish... you have your reasons. Maybe you have the same thing over there for yourself. If you do... cherish it. If not maybe it is time to look around for it.

You have to enjoy your time in the virtual skies escaping from the real world for an hour or two. Because that's what this is all about isn't it?
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
Why am I a knight
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2003, 09:25:18 AM »
I was a Knight for most of my AH time until I changed squads.  After being Bish for a few tours...

I think the Knights put up a better fight.  Seems like fights against them are always more challenging.

May just be a perception thing but that’s my take on it.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Why am I a knight
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2003, 09:30:27 AM »
Originally posted by DMax
Perhaps squads who rotate countries contribute to the skewed numbers. When The Damned made the en masse pilgrimage from AW to AH back in early '91, we set-up shop in Bishland for a few months.  Soon after it became apparent that Knights suffered from low numbers so we moved in hopes of balancing the sides.
To this day, The Damned remain Knights, for this reason.

Maybe it would help if those squads to rotate countries, had some advance knowledge of who's moving where. If the rotating squads were willing to adjust according to numbers, it might help kepp sides better balanced.

I realize, the logistics of pulling that off are considerable but it might be worth a try.

DmdMax
The Damned

The Shills sort of did the same thing.  The squad was Knight when I joined the group, then we jumped to Rook because the Rook numbers were in the toilet and we like a good challenge. :)  Then HTC introduced the perk-point scaling system and it actually became profitable to be Rook.  Our official policy is to look at which country is in the toilet at the end of a month and decide if we should jump or not.  We've been Rooks since December. :cool:

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Why am I a knight
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2003, 09:51:15 AM »
Just got done doing Bish and rook the last 2 months, depending on what time, what day you log in, you're either the vulcher, or the vulchee. No difference.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Why am I a knight
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2003, 09:52:27 AM »
You are a Knit cuz you have no Knuts !

Bish Rule !!!

:D
« Last Edit: May 08, 2003, 09:54:41 AM by AWMac »

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
Why am I a knight
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2003, 10:17:08 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Just got done doing Bish and rook the last 2 months, depending on you're the vulcher, or the vulchee ...

Srry Rip...could not resist  :D