Author Topic: Hello  (Read 3769 times)

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Hello
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2000, 01:11:00 AM »
Torque...try here: http://us.thrustmaster.com/repairs/index.php3   They sell a kind of lame 'thrown together' repair kit with parts for several joysticks, but it's only $10, and includes pots.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Jekyll

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.bigpond.net.au/phoenix
Hello
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2000, 03:50:00 AM »
 Sorry if I misread your age Nath.  I remember you posting a photograph of yourself once.  I thought you looked about 11 or 12.  Your comments on the boards and in the arenas only served to confirm my estimate.

I guess I'm sorry I didn't act the way you wanted me to Jekyll--I guess you're another AH facist.

Coming from you Nath, that's almost a compliment  

------------------
=357th Pony Express=
Aces High Training Corps
Official AH Fascist

[This message has been edited by Jekyll (edited 12-10-2000).]

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
Hello
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2000, 08:53:00 AM »
Thanks SOB

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Hello
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2000, 09:58:00 AM »

I've still got the other one of those MFDs, and still haven't used it...never did play Back to Baghdad tho'

I think I still have a copy of B2B laying around somewhere.  I played it for a total of 10 minutes before posting about wanting Falcon 4.0 to come out real soon.

Didn't one of the Su-27 games have MFD support too?  Seems you guys could have gone over to Vancouver and hit them on the head with a plastic hammer until they put it in

AKDejaVu

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Hello
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2000, 05:07:00 PM »
Oh ! This is the new EBAY kinda board here ! Cool !

I'm looking for CH pots to be sent to Europe... anyone  ?

------------------
MASS/SAW
JG5/III EISNEER

"It's supposed to be hard; that's what makes it great!"
Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

"hey, Im a tard, got bent, sorry."(Creamo, out of context)

[This message has been edited by Saintaw (edited 12-10-2000).]
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

washedup

Hello
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2000, 05:41:00 PM »

Originally posted by Nath-BDP:
This so called community in Aces High is rather pathetic, you all have egos that are the size of Mt. Rushmore (although you may not realize it) and when someone like me who's many moons younger than most of you threatens you or your ego you all of a sudden start making remarks about my age like a bunch of 3rd grade bullies harassing the kid who excels in class.

But its okay, I love how most of you worship me like I'm some sort of god and the joy you get out of figuring out ways to prove I'm kep--like it makes a difference who I am.
[This message has been edited by Nath-BDP (edited 12-08-2000).]

Check out the size of this guy's ego!!!  Try being a little bit humble occasionally...  You might find you get less people trying to hunt you down and more people willing to be your wingie.  Let your flying do the talking for you...  Really good pilots (even virtual ones) don't need to brag about it.

PS I know it's a game, that's why I don't care if I get shot down all the time...  

MrSiD

Hello
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2000, 01:44:00 AM »
IMHO threads like this damage AH and its community.

People squeak at eachothers like a bunch of old married couples, only difference is that they seem to be worse here.

Whats the point of going for witch hunts, dweeb hunts.. whatever?

If there's some annoying kid acting up his age, so what? Let him live his life and grow up.. and in the meanwhile whoop his bellybutton on air.

I've always thought that any differences between ppl on flightsims should be dealt with on air, not on bb's.

Talk is cheap.. You have to show what you got on air or stay away.

The first thing that caught my eye when I started moving away from warbirds to AH were these childish flamewars and dweeb attacks.
They really do NOBODY NO GOOD! If you care about your community and the game, for christs sakes get a grip and try to act smart!

Of course this is only my opinnion, but I think that in enviroment like this you will always have enemies that you hate (and enjoy to kill when given chance) but more importantly a bunch of great ppl (some could even be called friends) who make the game worth playing.
If you cant deal with different personalities, maybe its better to stay offline shooting drones?

Hurting another player hurts the image of aces high in the eyes of every single person who reads these threads. Many of them checking out the game considering of joining.

I have to say reading these posts got me to doubt if I'd like to spend my time on main, and also to pay for it.

It is also bigger difference between Aces High and Warbirds than the FM or graphics.
I think I might enjoy playing WB in 2D with great team spirit more than having all the eye candy on AH but with an arena full of flaming rude love muffines. OK OK I apologize maybe 80% of players even on AH are really cool ppl =)

But, but but... the minority seems to be a very loud one, unfortunately.

My .02c

Offline sourkraut

• Copper Member
      • http://www.riverrunne.com
Hello
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2000, 08:42:00 AM »
Geez - can't we all get along?

Jekyll - no disrespect to you either, sir but hazed has been flying since at least tour 1. He is one of the most valued members of 3./JG2 both for his ability and his comradeship. hazed

Sour
---------------------
Just say no to Perk Planes

"Hey - someone has to be the target...."

[This message has been edited by sourkraut (edited 12-11-2000).]

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Hello
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2000, 09:07:00 AM »
What exactly did Nath do for you all to despise him so much?

I have missed the whole story, can someone give me an rundown?

I myself started flyin WB´s when i was 15 or 16 yrs old. Well one thing is good when you are that age, you really burn for your 'hobby' at that age. I could go up in the middle of the night djust to attend squad meetings and such (small example).

This age argument is sooo old guys, grow up will ya  

------------------
AH : Maniac
WB : -nr-1-
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
Hello
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2000, 09:15:00 AM »
Nath, nobody cares how old you are, it's how you act toward your fellow gamers that affects how people treat you.

If you're gracious in victory and defeat, you will earn respect. Nobody says you have to <S> everyone all the time after a fight, but the people who don't gloat are the ones that garner the most respect.

The people in AH are very forgiving, and most would be willing to start over from scratch with you. But the first step needs to come from you, in the form of a change in tone and attitude when you're online.

It's your decision. If you're tired of being singled out for abuse, you need to change. If you continue to play the "bad boy", then you will have to face the consequences.

[This message has been edited by banana (edited 12-11-2000).]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Hello
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2000, 09:20:00 AM »
Well said banana, I've even gone as far as private channeling some of those who age-descriminated on ol' Nath online, however, Nath does tend to 'bait' himself, so I stopped defending him.  

Ice

Hello
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2000, 04:06:00 PM »
Hiyas Nath!

Listen man...no crime in being young...if it wasn't for my seksie(<----nathism) little wifey and my four very cool kids, I'de trade back 30 years ina New York Minute!

As far as not being able to fly in peace, I can relate to that as well...remember Rude, or maybe -soul- in WB's? I've had about 5 other handles as well...sometimes it's just nice to fade away and not say anything to anyone.

However, what ya need to try and realize is this...we type to each other in a multi-player sim...kinda hard to get to know each other too well, and it's certainly easy to misunderstand someone and feel that they are being snide through this method of communicating.

I've been fortunate...when I started this flight sim thing back in AWDOS(1989) I met some great guys who took me in and helped me succeed...they are still my friends today. Wardog and I were in the 13th TAS together, lightin tails on fire 10 years ago

Just change your handle quietly, grab a pony( a mans ride ) and see this as what it is...the world is full of flavor, and it's all here in this sim as well...you may be misunderstood by some, but remember, you reap what ya sow. If I have offended you by my comments in the past, I apologize.

All of these sims need good pilots, so hurry back...Excellent pilots like myself need something to shoot at ya know?

Ltr

Ice

Nath-BDP

Hello
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2000, 05:27:00 PM »
Thanks guys I'll be more humble from now on, just try to forget my past actions ok?...

I'm sorry if I upsetted anyone in the past but please try to accept my apology so I can move on and play AH peacefully.  

Hey Ice, mans ride is A8 with 4x20mm bud. :P

I will be taking a break from AH till 1.05 comes out, cya then.

p.s. And I also never played WB so I wouldn't know ya from there.  The only other online flight sim experience I had prior to AH was AW2 about 4 or 5 years back.  

[This message has been edited by Nath-BDP (edited 12-11-2000).]

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Hello
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2000, 05:37:00 PM »
Wow, this thread has taken some twists and turns. Apologies to fishu for my mistake.

Nice reply nath.