Author Topic: 5,6,9 kills  (Read 992 times)

Offline Hyflyer

• Zinc Member
5,6,9 kills
« on: May 14, 2003, 10:35:52 PM »
I see alot off pilots getting alot of kills in any type of plane!I have been flying since AOL had AirWarrior free. The most i've ever landed has been 4 with an F4U1D. WTF am I doing wrong? My scores in AH have been repectful @ 400. Help!!!

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
5,6,9 kills
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2003, 10:37:51 PM »
Select fights, don't get draged into 'em.  Thats all you can do

oh, and be a alt monkey.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
5,6,9 kills
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2003, 11:25:20 PM »
You do well in a 1-dee, you do terrible in a 51 just as I do.

I've sworn off 51's. I just plain die.

Concentrate on your 1-dee, put sometime in it and work it. You already have a handle on it. Pick your fights, make her shine.

And when you've figured that out, let me in on it.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
5,6,9 kills
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2003, 11:34:59 PM »
Hope this film helps..

CLICK HERE

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
5,6,9 kills
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2003, 11:36:22 PM »
Ask Fester :D

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
5,6,9 kills
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2003, 01:45:04 AM »
Landing multiple kill missions is easy after you've played for a few months to get the hang of things.  For many, it's a matter of being in the right place at the right time.  Hey, I bet landing 4 in a 1-D is harder than landing 6 in a p51D...so maybe you're not that far off.  Pick the fights with plenty of targets, get in there and get dirty.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline g00b

• Nickel Member
5,6,9 kills
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2003, 01:49:36 AM »
Vulch :D

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
5,6,9 kills
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2003, 02:16:57 AM »
for some reason, the F4Us are very tasty.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
5,6,9 kills
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2003, 07:59:15 AM »
only F4U worth flying is the F4U1C.  Spiral climb over CV to about 10k (depending on alt of cons) and BnZ to your hearts content.  My personal best in it is 23 kills 1 sortie no rearm, had sorties of 20, 17, lots of 14/13.  Its a great plane if you use it right!
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
5,6,9 kills
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2003, 08:21:17 AM »
Don't listen to him!
Furball = AckChogDweeb ;)
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
5,6,9 kills
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2003, 08:48:39 AM »
i actually find the 1d more efficient, you can shoot at bigger ranges and take harder deflection shots, plus i do belive that the 1C as a slower roll rate

just my 2cents

Offline OIO

• Silver Member
5,6,9 kills
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2003, 09:14:14 AM »
Situational Awareness is paramount for that.

Diving into a cloud of cons will get you kills..but you wont land them.

Staying in the edges of the furball, preferably with a lot of alt advantage, and attacking those on the edge of the furball, will get you kills...and you will land them just as long as you stay outside the furball.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
5,6,9 kills
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2003, 09:36:12 AM »
If you are fighting in the 1-D the most, you want to plan your attack with a safe egress so that you can regain altitude. With altitude you will get your speed back ... very important inorder to stay alive in an F4U.

You can dive in on a target, and turn fight with the 1-D, but too much turning will eventually burn off a lot of speed and at that point you are in deep do-do. If you have gotten to this point and the fight has brought you closer to other fights and/or multiple bogeys, who have altitude, then chances are you will die. This is true for all planes, but the 1-D can't out acclerate a lot of planes.

Watch for enemy planes breaking away from the crowd, manuver so that your attack run is in the opposite direction of the battle and then dive in. If you miss, or turning is going to get you the kill, then extend and start the process over again.

Have you tried the -1 ... great fighting plane. It tends to keep is E better than the -1D and from my perspective, climbs better. If your main objective is to JABO first, fight second, then the -1 only carries one 1K bomb.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
Re: 5,6,9 kills
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2003, 09:42:57 AM »
Originally posted by Hyflyer
The most i've ever landed has been 4 with an F4U1D. WTF am I doing wrong?  

did ya know we can Re-arm:D

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
5,6,9 kills
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2003, 10:23:54 AM »
Originally posted by Saintaw
Don't listen to him!
Furball = AckChogDweeb ;)

Ignore Saw, he is an uneducated frenchman ;) :D

Originally posted by Flyboy
i actually find the 1d more efficient, you can shoot at bigger ranges and take harder deflection shots, plus i do belive that the 1C as a slower roll rate

Maybe, but the C-Hog's 964 rounds of hispano are much harder hitting than the 50 cals.  I find the chog probably the best a/c for snapshots, about equal with the Hurricane IIC for my personal flying.  The most important thing is to keep it fast though.

Snapshops in the chog are so lethal because it only needs a couple of pings to bring the enemy down.

And i can shoot up to 1.4/1.3k in Chog on HO (which i try to avoid like the plague) and GV's/PT's, it has as good range as the .50's -you just gotta shoot more accurately!
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --