Author Topic: Matrix: Reloaded  (Read 419 times)

Offline RightF00T

• Silver Member
Matrix: Reloaded
« on: May 15, 2003, 09:19:26 PM »
Oh MY FRIGGIN GOD!!  THIS MOVIE MADE ME YELL LIKE A SCHOOL GIRL ON PROM NITE.  

It was even better than the first and I can honestly say I would buy this movie on video.  Who else has seen it?  Why did you like/dislike it?  Which scene was you favorite?   Mine would have to be the Highway Car Chase scene.  

The other plus to this movie is that its not all explosions and car chases.  There's a storie behind it all.

2 Foots Up!:D

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2003, 01:42:53 AM »
Poor Rebel: OH MY GOD!!!!!

Agent: Smith will suffice.

As I've said many times before, I had the honor of seeing 2 times before it the public. :) It was a great movie.
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2003, 01:54:37 AM »
OMFG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

THE absoult BEST movie i ever seen!!!!!!!
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2003, 01:59:34 AM »
the 100 "agent smith" scene was out of this realm we call "world"

but

talk about mind F*** for the whole point of the story!~!!!!!!

the "architect" really blows ur mind!

toooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo much to talk about on this board. me and my bud i went to see it with went to an 8:15 show....... now 2AM STILL up talking about it!!!!!

HOLY watermelon GREAT MOVIE!!!!!!
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline nuchpatrick

• Silver Member
      • http://www.361stvfg.com
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2003, 08:29:10 AM »
This moive kick's ass!! I have to agree with Lefty car scene was kick ass.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2003, 09:04:19 AM »
banana...your thoughts?:)
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline narsus

• Silver Member
      • http://www.blueknightsdvb.com
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2003, 09:21:18 AM »
I enjoyed it alot, 4 complaints.

1. The dance orgy beginning of movie (what the hell was the point of that)

2. They dragged out scenes far too much.

3. Why does Neo even need to fight hand to hand when he can just blow agents up.

4. agents are afraid of bullets but a sword?

I am nitpicking I know, but the movie was alot of fun to watch and cant wait till november.

SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER

The point of the architect

It is a matrix within a matrix!

The computers have done this 5 times before right?  

They have this unruly 1% that will not accept the matrix

SO

They create a second matrix for these pain in the bellybutton non conformists to "Escape To"

Make them believe they are fighting a struggle that in reality is nothing more than another form of control.

So when Zion gets too big they purge it like a recycling bin in windows.

This makes sense because:

1) The timelines for the founding of Zion don't really make sense, fisburn says in the first movie,
"we are not quite sure when now is"... why not?

2) It is a very machine like logical way of controlling the 1%

3) A. Smith should not be able to do what he did coming into the "real word"

4) Neo should not be able to stop real life sentinels I mean they have freaking 1az3r B3@mz!!  He is a ***** in rl!

5) All this messianic crap is in place to control the masses.  The one, the oracle yadda yadda yadda

6) The whole battery thing is silly.  I bet they use our minds as computers, I mean come on batteries?  If we scorched the sky why not take to space.  I mean they are machines.  They can set up shop on any one of the planets in our system.  We are not very efficient sources of energy.  

Expect revolutions to incorporate another exponential shift in the complexity of the matrix.

Rememeber folks lies within lies, the matrix is about control.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2003, 09:26:47 AM by narsus »

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2003, 09:32:33 AM »
Originally posted by Curval
banana...your thoughts?:)

IT SUCKED!

There, short & sweet. :D

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2003, 10:19:25 AM »
I agree with banana,..albeit I would have expressed the opinion a bit more,..uhmmm,...delicately.  He pretty much hit the nail on the head though.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2003, 10:27:27 AM »
Hehe, Skuzzy, check out my thread entitled "The Matrix:Reloaded- What a disappointement" for the long version of my review :)

Offline ALF

• Silver Member
      • http://www.mikethinks.com
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2003, 03:19:46 PM »
FIRST: I liked the movie A LOT, it may grow on me or wear on me, only time will tell (1st matrix got better and better as I watched it for the umteenth time)....now for my comments.....

I think the movie had so many amazingly great parts....somewhat squelched by a few very off beat, ponderous and downright wasteful filler of some other scenes.  I would say that the editor could have cut a good 20 minutes from the film, as some scenes just seemed to plod along, and what should be a 20 second quip or MAYBE a 1 minute exposition was turned into a 5 minute diatribe full of useless (that means boring) information and characterization that could have been just as well served in a much shorter time.....then put that crap in the DVD where geeks like me can enjoy it if we are in the mood.

I also think the movie sufferes somewhat from its too numerous attempts to be philosophical, and deep in its dialog:

THIS IS A LINE IN THE RELOADED VEIN:

" I find my body parched, lacking in that which all life needs to survive, the very essence of my existance is crying out for it, I must soon relinquish my hessitation and give in to that which has already become apparent.  Perhaps you too would benifit from a respit from the drain on the life giving liquid that even now escapes from your every pore, crying out as if to say to the world, you may use me, but you cannot own me."

A LINE AS IT COULD BE WRITTEN:

" Hey Trinity, Im thirsty as a Zionese sand hampster....wana catch a drink with me?"

Still....I liked it, and the fight/chase scenes are just to cool to describe.

Offline udet

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.angelfire.com/nd/mihaipruna/dogfight.html
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2003, 04:55:38 PM »
it proves that a sequel is almost never better than the first movie(exception: Alien II). Anyways, the Whatever brothers say it's not a sequel, rather, a continuation of the story. ALl that being said, I must say that I want to watch this one again and again, just like I did with the first Matrix.